News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2021 (Image Heavy op)

Started by Faelrin, November 29, 2020, 10:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

Collect Jurassic made a post with more info.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMN3Q9MlasG/?igshid=1ltg7tsduroxr

So apparently it was true after all. Hmm I suspect the person that made that chart has some inside info or something (or it was there all along and they were the first to catch wind of it). Well I guess I am very glad to be wrong in this case. Only been waiting since 2015 for one. I really can't wait to see how this looks. Apparently there's a listing of it on UK Smyths website.

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/action-figures-and-playsets/jurassic-world/jurassic-world-legacy-collection-112cm-apatosaurus-dinosaur/p/193266.

Also that's way longer then the Mosasaurus. Where am I going to put this lol?

Also maybe this is the exclusive Camp Cretaceous figure (that is being revealed 4/21) that was shown on Target's Beyond the Gates thing? Never mind. In the midst of my excitement I failed to notice that this will be a Legacy Collection figure.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

terrorchicken

cool, but if i were to have the space for a large JP sauropod figure Id stick with the brachio. Especially if the apatosaurus is based on the JW one with the creepy human face. :o

Blade-of-the-Moon

Man I have to buy no less that 4 of those..hope they do preorders.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: terrorchicken on March 10, 2021, 02:13:36 AM
cool, but if i were to have the space for a large JP sauropod figure Id stick with the brachio. Especially if the apatosaurus is based on the JW one with the creepy human face. :o

looks like the film version and not the subpar marketing design:

human face?

PumperKrickel

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 10, 2021, 02:20:30 AM
Quote from: terrorchicken on March 10, 2021, 02:13:36 AM

looks like the film version and not the subpar marketing design:

Why are you posting pictures of a very normal looking human?  ???

Loon

Gwangi

I don't much care for the Jurassic World Apatosaurus (and its face) but I really like the idea of having it to pair with the Brachiosaurus. We'll see.

Also...

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm a bit perplexed. I don't see anything really wrong with it from an anatomy standpoint. As I recall everyone was liking the Nanmu one which has the head of the Jurassic World version placed on the Sideshow Apatosaurus body... which also has a very similar head as well anyway.

Faelrin

We have images now! I cannot believe it. It's so beautiful. All these years of waiting since 2015 have finally paid off.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

That looks fantastic, will definitely be super tempted by it.

Though, avatar_terrorchicken @terrorchicken, I kinda see your point about the face in this first pic.
Quote from: Faelrin on March 10, 2021, 04:21:02 AM

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on March 10, 2021, 04:21:02 AM
We have images now! I cannot believe it. It's so beautiful. All these years of waiting since 2015 have finally paid off.

That's pretty epic! The eye may need a repaint, little hard to tell much about it there. Jaw articulation is a surprise no matter how questionable it is where they put that joint...I'm really nit picking as my first thought was will the DinoRiders Brontosaurus armor fit it...

Carnoking

ItsTwentyBelow

Now THAT is awesome!! Can I justify the purchase though? The Brach is already so terrifyingly vast and space consuming. To be continued...

But seriously, go Mattel! Yes, offer us more of this kind of stuff please! Next up, Mamenchisaurus?

MLMjp

WHAT? Pictures already?

Aaaahh...this is great!

On a serious note...where am I supposed to put her?! On my bed? On my desk? In the middle of my room?!

suspsy

Impressive size. It's also generic enough to pass for certain other sauropods.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

I'm not in love with it like I was the Brachiosaurus. Those limb proportions and feet, they remind me of the Playskool sauropods, and not in a good way. I'll probably still get it though, I'm a sucker for the large sauropod action figures.

PrimevalRaptor

Something about the head seems...off to me, it's a bit hard to pinpoint.
Do gotta say though, I really like the stripes and I'm very glad there's another large sauropod in town. Small scale is great for storage and all that, but I vastly prefer large sauropods cause they just convey the sheer scale of those animals better.

Reuben03

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

MLMjp

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on March 10, 2021, 03:18:53 PM
Something about the head seems...off to me, it's a bit hard to pinpoint.
Do gotta say though, I really like the stripes and I'm very glad there's another large sauropod in town. Small scale is great for storage and all that, but I vastly prefer large sauropods cause they just convey the sheer scale of those animals better.
I think it is because of the perspective and the fact that it seems to be "looking up" in most of the pictures, and there isn´t a good one of the head in profile.
Quote from: Gwangi on March 10, 2021, 02:50:39 PM
I'm not in love with it like I was the Brachiosaurus. Those limb proportions and feet, they remind me of the Playskool sauropods, and not in a good way. I'll probably still get it though, I'm a sucker for the large sauropod action figures.
I have to agree, the limbs are bit off, and the front feet don´t look that great with all those toes and claws which is a shame considering the Apatosaurus from the film only has one claw on the front feet.

There seem to be a discrepancy regarding the size.

It was announced that it will be 44inch long, but the box states that it is a bit over 41inch. Hopefully it is the later, it is just three inches less, but for a figure this long, any reduction that allows it to "fit somewhere" is appreciated. The Brachiosaurus was huge but compact regarding its length. This one however...

CityRaptor

There is a good chance that this was originally planned for Dominion. Why I think so? Because the colors don't match the design seen in JW, but they more or less match this design:

These Kinder Surprise Egg figures were apparently planned for Dominion.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: