News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

so the old Stego could be the female and this one the adult male with a "yearling" in tow. awesome!
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Thialfi

Thanks for the responses everyone! I find it fascinating that the differences between regular en Museum Line seem kind of minor, yet the price difference is pretty major - or is that a wrong assessment?

Either way, a beautiful model indeed!

Gwangi

This is interesting because I've been considering purchasing the original Bieber, now I'll have to wait and see. Ultimately the price and actual paintjob of the newer version will be the determining factor. We all know it won't look like the promo picture, but it has to be better than the other Bieber.

SRF

Quote from: Thialfi on May 20, 2021, 07:08:12 PM
Thanks for the responses everyone! I find it fascinating that the differences between regular en Museum Line seem kind of minor, yet the price difference is pretty major - or is that a wrong assessment?

Either way, a beautiful model indeed!

It's not a wrong assessment, but it seems that PNSO is only releasing the most popular dinosaur species in the Museum Line now, the ones they know will sell regardless of its price tag. The last one was their Tyrannosaurus and now we're getting a Stegosaurus. I reckon that if they are going to release their lates Triceratops sculpt (the one that is released as a bronze statue) it will be in the Museum Line as well. The same will apply to a new Spinosaurus, if they are ever going to release a full sized adult one in 1:35 scale I think.
But today, I'm just being father

Stegotyranno420

Wait, this is gonna be sixy bucks
Pass, I rather sculpt my own stegosaurus than get this

SRF

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 20, 2021, 07:25:08 PM
Wait, this is gonna be sixy bucks
Pass, I rather sculpt my own stegosaurus than get this

We don't know anything about the price yet, just that the Museum Line is more expensive than their mid-size line.

Carnoking

Oh that's a dynamic duo right there.

Andre

Quote from: SRF on May 20, 2021, 07:32:12 PM
We don't know anything about the price yet, just that the Museum Line is more expensive than their mid-size line.

Wilson was the only release revealed and commercialized the same day.. Maybe we can get that answer soon..

SRF

Quote from: Andre on May 20, 2021, 08:08:40 PM

Wilson was the only release revealed and commercialized the same day.. Maybe we can get that answer soon..

The models PNSO released in 2019 that came with bases are all in the Museum Line as well. Wilson is definitely not the only release in that line.

Edit: I've misread your post. I've read way instead of day.

Apparently, the Stegosaurus will be commercialized in June.

Shonisaurus

The new PNSO stegosaurus is an absolute improvement with respect to its predecessor, on the other hand the most interesting figure is the breeding stegosaurus, without a doubt the best that exists on the market today, judging by the promotional photos of the box. It is a breeding stegosaurus that outperforms other brands or companies.

The PNSO is very successful but I would have liked it to focus more on prehistoric animals and specifically dinosaurs a little more exotic, but it is also good that it combines rare animals such as helicoprion, atodopodentatus, yuytyrannus, sinoceratops with other well-known as the allosaurus, tyrannosaurus rex, parasaurolophus or stegosaurus. This line is very successful since the PNSO Museum line was much more expensive economically. Thanks PNSO!

It is also good that it sells PNSO art bases separately for those who like art bases for their dinosaurs such as those of the Museum line such as tyrannosaurus or parasaurolophus, otherwise it would be much more expensive.

ITdactyl

This new "Bieber" looks more like the statue they had during the life-sized exhibition. 'Always wanted a desktop version of that statue, and I got my wish.

John

This new Stegosaurus set is very nice.They will go nicely with the 2019 model.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Bread

Quote from: Andre on May 20, 2021, 08:08:40 PM

Hopefully you are right, but I feel like Wilson was released right after due to it being right around christmas.

Carnoking

Paleofiguras just mentioned in their post that this will be another crowdfunded item for June.

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on May 20, 2021, 10:17:41 PM
Paleofiguras just mentioned in their post that this will be another crowdfunded item for June.
That's actually a good thing in my opinion. Allows some of us to save on shipping cost if all June releases are together.

Carnoking

It does have me wondering how much of a reliance PNSO will be putting on crowdfunding as they go forward. I mean, since they started back up with their releases, it's been an almost even split regarding what figures from their affordable lines are readily available (Parasaurolophus, Pachycephhlosaurus, Allosaurus, and Helicoprion) vs figures that needed the funding (Carcharodontosaurus, Yutyrannus, and now Stegosaurus). With how rapidly they are revealing/releasing these things there has to be a point of diminishing returns given that not all of the figures have the time to pull in profit. If that's the case, I wonder how long the system can support itself.

Bread

My question is (to add to Carnoking's post): If funding is needed, why select the more popular species? To me it would seem wiser to release the more popular species so consumers can buy those rapidly, plus more income since popular species are bound to be purchased more, then the lesser known species can receive the funding campaigns. Maybe I am seeing this wrong, but Carnoking makes a valid point whether or not this can cause future issues for PNSO.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Ah great. It is "Ohno PNSO, Pls Stahp. My Money." Time again.

Faelrin

I have been wondering about this as well. They haven't particularly slowed down at all (except for the duration of the Chinese New Year obviously) since they seemed to start up back in September of last year (or earlier) with all these releases and reveals. I wonder how many of these have been in the works for a while, where as which others are more recent?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

Quote from: John on May 20, 2021, 09:58:48 PM
This new Stegosaurus set is very nice.They will go nicely with the 2019 model.
My thought too - a small family group.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: