News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

I also like the Tarbo more than Wilson and I'll definitely be getting it, in part because I don't already have a Tarbosaurus.

Bokisaurus

Awesome Tarbosaurus figure! Very impressive and I love how big he looks! Definitely on the must have list for sure.
It would be interesting to see him and Wilson together.
Now, can we please have a sauropod, PNSO?

SRF

It's looking very good for this Tarbosaurus, but before I can say it really is better than Wilson, I first would like to compare both figures in person. :) Despite its flaws and the improvements we've seen on theropods they've released recently, Wilson is still my favorite theropod from PNSO. The pose, overall shape and bulkiness do it for me I guess. I think I like the pose of Wilson better than that of the Tarbosaurus. I really love the bulk of this Tarbosaurus as well though, still very excited for its release and definitely a potential new favorite of mine.

I'm not sure if the sculptor of the Tarbosaurus is the same as of the Carcharodontosaurus and Allosaurus. In one of the promo images, the Tarbosaurus seems to have quite large feet. If you compare the feet of the Carcharodontosaurus and Allosaurus with the other theropod figures like the T. Rex and definitely the Qianzhousaurus, the feet of the Allosauroids are way smaller. It could well be that they just used a new technique on skin detailing, which they now apply on all of their figures.
But today, I'm just being father

acro-man

I received my Yutyrannus yesterday and WOW, what an awesome, almost perfect model from PNSO!
The feathers, the teeth, the pose, and the PAINT, everything is flawless IMO.
It gives a very strong awesomebro vibe (mostly because of the pose), but not like REBOR early monsters, this one is scientific.
Even the pose may look unstable, the model itself balances well on its two.
It's just a new level of awesome-ness PNSO has reached.
And I am quite confident to call it the definite version of Yutyrannus toys.
avatar_Bread @Bread you will sure love it.

Sorry I am too lazy to upload photos, but you guys can find plenty of images re PNSO from the 2 links below (and add to your bookmark):
https://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=pnso&fr=index
https://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=%E6%81%90%E9%BE%99%E6%A8%A1%E5%9E%8B&fr=index
The first one is PNSO board and the second one is Dinosaur Toy board from Baidu forum.
Baidu is like Google in China.

Regarding my last comment on new Bieber's paint as "disastrous", well, some may wonder to what extent is it so bad?
My answer is - it's as bad as the first Essen the Spinosaurus.
The thing is, I have realized, like almost everyone, that my criteria for a GOOD dinosaur model has grown too high.
A criteria brought up by PNSO that's used against itself.
Today when we look at Essen the 1st, we see reconstruction flaws, we see the paint as tedious and cement-like, we see it as a mediocre model.
Back then on it's release, everybody was so hyped up and thought it was a masterpiece and a must-have and nobody seemed to be bothered by the paint.

So, is "higher criteria and lower tolerance" a good trend or a bad trend?
I think it's a good trend, and a natural one.
Time is changing. And criteria has to be developed with it.
If a $60 video game comes with a 2000s old-school graphics, everyone will say it's crab.
Now the $60 Bieber the 2nd comes with a 2017~2018-ish paint, and that's disastrous to me.

That said, I still wish the best of PNSO.
It has great potentials and promises.
And I hope all these critics we see today will not break it down, but makes it stronger.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

SRF

The Yutyrannus is now available at Jurassic Zoo on AliExpress. Hopefully it will soon be available at other stores like My Online Toy Store and Model Toy Center as well.

Good to see it is available this quick after all outside of Amazon, especially for us Europeans. Hopefully the same applies for the Tarbosaurus next week!

Rivera2171

Does anyone know the scale of Yutyrannus?

Newt

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on June 11, 2021, 07:49:25 PM
Stegosaur scales are unknown.

Not so! Stegosaur skin impressions are known from the Gigantspinosaurus sichuanensis holotype, from the ?Stegosaurus sp. "Victoria" at Sauriermuseum Aathal, and from the probable stegosaurian ichnogenus Deltapodus. In all cases the scales are small and hexagonal (mostly 5 to 10 mm, IIRC), with at least one larger scale surrounded by small ones on Gigantspinosaurus. So overall pretty similar to hadrosaurs.

I too am very interested to learn more about the Tyrannosaurus feathers.

That Tarbosaurus is an imposing brute! I can't comment on the accuracy of its proportions, but it's certainly an impressive sculpt that sells the animal's mass and power.

suspsy

Sorry to take this thread off track again, but I feel inclined to state one thing about those alleged T. rex feathers. Namely, if they really are feathers, they might not necessarily belong to the T. rex. They could be undigested stomach contents. Perhaps the T. rex consumed an ornithomimosaur or a dromaeosaur or an oviraptorosaur or some other feathered theropod, then died shortly after. Heck, maybe it even accidentally choked on its meal.

Then again, since we know tyrannosaurs engaged in cannibalism, maybe those feathers (assuming that's what they really are) belonged to a juvenile T. rex.  :o

Just have to wait and see.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Abobo

Quote from: SRF on June 14, 2021, 09:04:57 PM
The Yutyrannus is now available at Jurassic Zoo on AliExpress. Hopefully it will soon be available at other stores like My Online Toy Store and Model Toy Center as well.

Good to see it is available this quick after all outside of Amazon, especially for us Europeans. Hopefully the same applies for the Tarbosaurus next week!

hello do you have a link please?
I'm not seeing it in the concerned store
thank you:)

SRF

Quote from: Abobo on June 15, 2021, 09:12:03 AM
Quote from: SRF on June 14, 2021, 09:04:57 PM

hello do you have a link please?
I'm not seeing it in the concerned store
thank you:)

Sure: https://a.aliexpress.com/_msf8xZj

Abobo

thank you!
with this title "IN STOCK! PNSO - Yinqi Dinosaur Figure, Proceratosaurus Model, Prehistoric Collectible Decoration, Adult Toy, Gift"
it's hard to locate!

SRF

Quote from: Abobo on June 15, 2021, 09:36:32 AM
thank you!
with this title "IN STOCK! PNSO - Yinqi Dinosaur Figure, Proceratosaurus Model, Prehistoric Collectible Decoration, Adult Toy, Gift"
it's hard to locate!

I've actually found it by searching for "Yutyrannus PNSO" in the AliExpress app. After that select date added in stead of most relevant search results and it should pop up.

Concavenator

The Tarbosaurus is now available through Amazon.

SRF

Quote from: Concavenator on June 15, 2021, 10:06:37 AM

That's a day sooner than expected! Hopefully the same applies for its availability on AliExpress.

Here's the link to the Tarbosaurus on Amazon:

PNSO Dinosaur Museums Series & Prehistoric Animal Models (51 Chuanzi The Tarbosaurus) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0977GVYQK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_6Y342B1ZGT0VQXFKDHJH?psc=1

Pachyventer

The Model Toy Center's guy on Aliexpress just told me he'll enlist the Tarbosaurus tomorrow. So hopefully this figure will be on Ali tomorrow. Have my fingers crossed))

SidB

Dinoguy2

Quote from: SRF on June 15, 2021, 10:41:15 AM

That's a day sooner than expected! Hopefully the same applies for its availability on AliExpress.

PNSO Dinosaur Museums Series & Prehistoric Animal Models (51 Chuanzi The Tarbosaurus) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0977GVYQK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_6Y342B1ZGT0VQXFKDHJH?psc=1

No Prime at the moment though unless I missed it. They do have the Pachycephalosaurus on Prime for $27, so I grabbed that. Delivery tomorrow!

Maybe Tarbo will go on Prime on the 16th? Either way I'll be waiting
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Newt on June 15, 2021, 02:51:29 AM
Quote from: Dinoguy2 on June 11, 2021, 07:49:25 PM
Stegosaur scales are unknown.

Not so! Stegosaur skin impressions are known from the Gigantspinosaurus sichuanensis holotype, from the ?Stegosaurus sp. "Victoria" at Sauriermuseum Aathal, and from the probable stegosaurian ichnogenus Deltapodus. In all cases the scales are small and hexagonal (mostly 5 to 10 mm, IIRC), with at least one larger scale surrounded by small ones on Gigantspinosaurus. So overall pretty similar to hadrosaurs.

Interesting, that's news to me! Sounds like both versions of Bieber got this right.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

SRF

Quote from: Pachyventer on June 15, 2021, 12:42:57 PM
The Model Toy Center's guy on Aliexpress just told me he'll enlist the Tarbosaurus tomorrow. So hopefully this figure will be on Ali tomorrow. Have my fingers crossed))

That's great news! That would mean that  we can get both the Yutyrannus and Tarbosaurus here in Europe before the 1st of July.  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on June 15, 2021, 01:12:23 PM
Quote from: SRF on June 15, 2021, 10:41:15 AM

No Prime at the moment though unless I missed it. They do have the Pachycephalosaurus on Prime for $27, so I grabbed that. Delivery tomorrow!

Maybe Tarbo will go on Prime on the 16th? Either way I'll be waiting

That's a good deal, I ordered from Lana but it's been sitting in an airport waiting for space for over a week now.  I did go ahead and get the Mamenchi since it's down to 50.00  I'm almost caught up with older pieces... lol

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: