News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psittacoraptor

avatar_SRF @SRF Thank you for the notification! :) However, I've decided to wait for a few more user photos of Andrea to see how wide-spread the warping on the leg is.

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 30, 2021, 06:17:29 PM
I remember seeing PNSO minis for sale in a Chinese museum in 2019.  Much cheaper than the price here.  I think that you also need to bear in mind that PNSO strongly markets their "toys" as educational.  Education ranks high in the priorities of parents in China.

Personally given the sheer size of a sauropod in 1:35, I'm glad PNSO have opted for something smaller.  I have a large collection.  Space is at a premium.  And I'd be happy to explain any inconsistencies in scale, if that was a worry to me, by thinking of my model as fitting along a spectrum of size.  After all, not every animal in a sauropod herd will be exactly the same size.  You would expect adults to come in a range of sizes.
Education is important, so if smaller models can help PNSO reach their target audience in that regard, I'm all for it. I'm usually not too petty about scale, it's just that sauropods with their tiny heads start to look off pretty quickly when you pair them with other types of dinosaurs which are larger in scale.

Space is a problem I share. My collection isn't all that large, given that I've been collecting for less than a year, but half of my figures are still in their boxes. I don't plan on displaying everything at once anyway. I like switching out figures so I don't get tired of looking at the same ones.

SidB

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor , I like your approach to displaying your collection. It's good not to 'overdo' things with a glut of figures and spoil the artistry and balance of the display. Often less is more.

Rivera2171

Quote from: Dinoxels on August 01, 2021, 12:35:06 PM
Quote from: SidB on August 01, 2021, 12:14:46 PM
Very skillful work. I wouldn't have dared to attempt something like this. I'm impressed!
Thanks! This was my first time doing a complete makeover on a figure and I'm very happy with how it came out.

Does look a lot better. Very impressive results. What was your recipe?

SRF

Interestingly, PNSO now offers free shipping from their AliExpress store as well. This makes their prices on par with those of My Online Toy Store and less expensive than most other stores on AliExpress.

This just means they are competing with resellers of their own products. Wouldn't surprise me if PNSO is trying to take all international sales into their own hands now.

Edit: never mind, now shipping has gone up to the same amounts they charge on Amazon. In that case I don't think they will sell a lot on AliExpress...
But today, I'm just being father

Gothmog the Baryonyx

They might to people who aren't in the US. US Amazon would be more costly option.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Concavenator

Well, in case PNSO changes their mind (which I don't think they will) and offer free shipping (or less expensive shipping) than other AliExpress stores, I would gladly buy directly from them. However, in my next PNSO order I also wanted to get an extra clear stand for my Eofauna Giganotosaurus, so I'm not sure PNSO themselves would include one extra stand for me if I asked them to, compared to other AliExpress sellers...in that case I think I'll opt for the latter, which seem to also have better prices.

Dinoxels

Quote from: Rivera2171 on August 02, 2021, 12:31:43 AM
Quote from: Dinoxels on August 01, 2021, 12:35:06 PM
Quote from: SidB on August 01, 2021, 12:14:46 PM
Very skillful work. I wouldn't have dared to attempt something like this. I'm impressed!
Thanks! This was my first time doing a complete makeover on a figure and I'm very happy with how it came out.

Does look a lot better. Very impressive results. What was your recipe?
Photoshop. A lot of Photoshop.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Dinoxels

PNSO Spoon 2: Electric Boogaloo

Translated:
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Abobo

whoa whoa hold on, is PNSO releasing a new Spino figure?

Psittacoraptor

If they do, I hope they also make a figure of the adorable baby Spino they posted on their social media today.

S @SidB I agree, often less is more. Having too many figures on one shelf makes it hard to appreciate the artistry of the individual pieces.

sauroid

is this indeed a preview of an upcoming Spinosaurus figure? or is it like the Torosaurus and Dimetrodon false alarm?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Bread

Quite a surprise that PNSO are possibly making a new Spino, but I think we all should have seen this coming as a lot of us complained about the size of their recent Spino.

Abobo

Quote from: Bread on August 03, 2021, 12:55:44 PM
Quite a surprise that PNSO are possibly making a new Spino, but I think we all should have seen this coming as a lot of us complained about the size of their recent Spino.

was thinking the same thing (+ the head reminds me of the Mesozoic Life Project Spino)

Andre

I would really prefer for them to tackle new species instead of keeping remaking their models...

Bread

Quote from: Andre on August 03, 2021, 02:00:15 PM
I would really prefer for them to tackle new species instead of keeping remaking their models...
I think most would agree with you, especially since there are already so many good Spinosaurus figures on the market. Maybe if this would be bipedal or raised off its front two legs like Mark Witton's reconstruction, it would be more interesting. I am hoping for it to be at least, then it would be an immediate purchase.

I know this is not the hopes and dreams thread, but I would have much preferred Ichthyovenator, not as fragmentary but has enough evidence for a figure by now. I think Collecta's is the only one on the market.

sauroid

Quote from: Andre on August 03, 2021, 02:00:15 PM
i agree 100%. im dying to see a Zhuchengtyrannus from them.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Leyster

avatar_sauroid @sauroid  ...what we have of Zhuchengtyrannus is

...this

Next to nothing, and what we have is not different to other Tyrannosauridae once you put the tissues on. You can basically pretend that their Tarbosaurus is Zhuchengtyrannus
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Gwangi

I have no interest in a Spinosaurus unless it's a biped, also less crocodilian, more stork/heron-like. I haven't bought a Spinosaurus figure since the Favorite orange Spinosaurus like...10 years ago, and I have no plans to buy one until someone releases what I'm looking for. PNSO could potentially fill that bipedal Spinosaurus niche, but they probably won't.

Good call on Zhuchengtyrannus L @Leyster, and I agree with you. I'm not terribly interested in something so fragmentary (or generic) that you could use another species as its stand-in. In a similar vein I'm happy with PNSO's Carcharodontosaurus and have no desire for another Carcharodontosaurid for awhile, aside from an Acrocanthosaurus.

Takama

I Rather see more Smaller species Like there 2020 Microraptor or large Sauropods Like there 1:45 Mamenchisaurus that everyone seems to complain about.

And yeah, I agree with Leyster when it comes to Zhuchengtyrannus. Is a Potential CollectA Deinochirus sitiation in the makeing. I say its Best to Avoid makeing a model of it at all costs.

Stegotyranno420

Oh no, not another one!
One the bright side, it looks pretty smooth and skinny, so I will just stick to the good old Mesozoic Life one.
Also, am I the only one who doesnt get the liking for Mark Wittons. Dont get me wrong. He is a amazing artist. But just his spinosaurus looks so unnatural,  malnourished,  and skinny.

As for the obscure vs well known thing. If i were to start an ideal figurine company, I will make one line for scientifically accurate figures that we know lots of information about,  like edmontosaurus and pssitacosaurus. The other line for obscure ones like veterupristisaurus that are just tiny fragments, or decently known ones like spinosaurus or giganotosaurus.  That way everyones happy. So basically ones like eofauna, ones like a more obscurity aimed version of collectA.
I agree with avatar_Takama @Takama . Sauropodomorphs are a need in the balance of dinosaur figures. I mean if sauropods are a space problem, make basal sauropodomorphs. I rather see a hefty plateosaurus standing strong at a mighty 4 inches tall than a undersized brachiosaurus that looks awkwardly small amongst theropods.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: