News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Even with the paint changing/fading with the new Sede the Ankylosaurus, I still consider that figure to be one of the best mid-sized figures from PNSO. Hopefully PNSO come back to making some of these beauties.

ItsTwentyBelow

Quote from: Faras on September 03, 2021, 01:18:19 PM
avatar_ItsTwentyBelow @ItsTwentyBelow My Parasaurolophus is 324.15g and nearly twice as heavy as Lambeosaurus' 183.56g

Thanks for providing this info, Faras.

Yeah echoing others, items like that Parasaurolophus are not what I'm looking for from PNSO, and are part of what has made me lose interest. Their scale is all over the place, yuck! And that is still not a good enough reason for the insane prices.

Why make your Para so much needlessly girthier than the Lambeosaurus, PNSO?? They would be more comparable in size in life and would look better together in a display.

I paid $43.70 including shipping for the Eofauna Atlasaurus, which is the right price for a figure of that size in 1:35-1:40 scale, and a figure that meets or exceeds PNSO's quality and accuracy.

modelnut

I just got my PNSO Dunkleosteus and I am pretty pleased. But when trying to figure out the scale of PNSO's new Zaha the Dunkleosteus I tracked down the lastest depiction of what the fish might have looked like and its size. The figure is 10 inches long. The creature is an estimated 20 feet long at most. That gives us a scale of 1/24 --- FANTASTIC! That's my favorite scale. But. What about PNSO's proportions? The armor and skull on the figure is 2.5 inches long. That is 1/4 of the figure's length. But in the figure from the 2017 paper the armor and head make up only 1/3 of Dunkleosteus' length. If we use that as our base then Zaha is 26.6 feet long and the scale is 1/32 scale. Hmmm. Dealer's choice. PNSO doesn't specify. You buy the figure and decide for yourself.

P.S. The paper gives Dunkleosteus size as 8.79 meters or 28.83 feet not 6 meters or 20 feet. In that case the PNSO would be 11.72 meters or 38.44 feet long. That would give us a scale of 1/45 (1/46).

- Leelan

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

I am so happy to wake up and see a proper large Olorotitan model finally. Beautiful.

Now I'm just wondering (and worrying) how much this one will cost?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dusty Wren

Oh, man. I have been wanting a rearing hadrosaur for a while now, and it's an Olorotitan to boot. Guess I'm not done buying PNSOs this year yet.
Check out my customs thread!

Andre

My God... they won't stop.. and this one just looks great!! There goes more money..... #53, who knows how many more are on the way..

KeU

This will be hard to resist.
The dimensions seem to indicate it is closer in size to their Lambeosaurus than the giant Corythosaurus or Parasaurolophus.

Gwangi

Well, this is the most exciting release from PNSO in awhile, and one that's sure to tempt me. I feel almost certain that it will be priced similarly to the Parasaurolophus.

Also, I felt like I had to visualize my feelings about PNSO this morning.

Bread

This is a surprise, and I am quite happy with it. Definitely gonna be picking this one up, and to top it all off, it has purple!!! I really like the colors and hopefully the purple won't be toned down in the final product...

I am assuming this will be either $38.99 or $42.99, which kind of turns me away if it is gonna be a small figure.

Psittacoraptor

Oh my lord, they got me with this one. It's beautiful, I love the pose in particular. I wish the color wasn't so similar to the Parasaurolophus but I don't think I'll be able to resist this beauty. Now, what will the price be?

ceratopsian

It appeals to me a lot and fits my collection focus very well.  I love the curious, alert-looking pose (though I'm sure it will need its plastic rod for long-term stability).

DragonRider02

There goes my hope that PNSO was done with reveals for this year and I'll finally have time to catch-up with some of the must-haves I still have on my list...  ::)
Becouse now I have to add this Olorotitan to the list as well. It's beautiful. PNSO really knows how to make hadrosaurs look elegant. I love the unique pose as well.

I am already dreading the price... The hike-up of the prices combined with additional 23% of vat really makes PNSO ridicolously expensive for me  :-\

Carnoking

Perhaps my favorite hadrosaur from them yet.

sauroid

oh wow, there's no escape from PNSO. that Olorotitan is impressive.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Faras

Some old pics from Chinese forums, glad they didn't release it in bronze :)

ITdactyl

*HONK!

I've held off spending on PNSO dinosaurs, hoping they'd transition to pterosaurs soon. I even held off on Bieber 2.0 - a figure I've been waiting for since seeing that big styrofoam(?) statue in the PNSO exhibit.

I have to admit though, I'm now more excited for Ivan than Bieber.

SRF

Damn, this one is hard to pass. Looks like I have to reconsider which one is my favorite hadrosaur from PNSO.

But now it really looks like PNSO is going to fulfil their ambition to release 50 new figures this year. But even including the book stands and bronze statues, they're only just over halfway right now...  :o
But today, I'm just being father

SidB

There's a three-point stance that I don't mind. Very elegant for sure.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: