News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Size was definitely my first thought, but if they end up changing just that and the pose while keeping a lot of the other aesthetics, it might be an easy skip for me.

Carnoking

On a side note, I finally caved with the 11/11 sale and got some of PNSO's non-dinosaur offerings (which you know means they've gotta be doing well!) Excited to unbox these!

Faelrin

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Congrats on picking all of those up.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shadowknight1

Quote from: SenSx on December 02, 2021, 03:49:06 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on December 02, 2021, 03:44:09 PM
I think the consensus leans towards it having a hump of sorts and not a sail. Essentially the longer spines served as muscle attachment points. We also have numerous specimens (some almost complete) so we have a good idea of what it generally looked like, which is better then most of its relatives, aside from Concavenator perhaps.

Oh ok thanks !
So that means the Rebor Acrocanthosaurus did this wrong, since it looks like a sail to me...
The Rebor one isn't terrible.  The ridge is a lot thicker than it is on the Papo.  That said, it's not perfect by a long shot.  But heck, both it and the Papo are both better than the Collecta.  So I am excited to see what PNSO could have in store.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

blnadal

Bread

WOAH! Where did you find that avatar_blnadal @blnadal?

Just a quick few notes on these:

-the Tyrannosaurus on the second image is the one from Dan's teaser that was posted some time ago. All we got was the silhouette. Seems like the model somewhat exist though.

-speaking of the Parasaurolophus, the unpainted one is definitely the pre-production of the actual figure

-also in the second image, the Chungkingosaurus (looks like the coloration and resemblance to the Yangchuanosaurus and Chungkingosaurus diorama) seems to be just a pre-production variant of Tuojiangosaurus from the mid size line.

The rest are really just a mystery and I can't say I expect any of these to exist. Seems like they are long forgotten projects that are just displayed in a room. I would hope for any of these to become future releases, but sadly I have doubts.

blnadal

Quote from: Bread on December 03, 2021, 03:18:29 AM
WOAH! Where did you find that avatar_blnadal @blnadal?

Just a quick few notes on these:

-the Tyrannosaurus on the second image is the one from Dan's teaser that was posted some time ago. All we got was the silhouette. Seems like the model somewhat exist though.

-speaking of the Parasaurolophus, the unpainted one is definitely the pre-production of the actual figure

-also in the second image, the Chungkingosaurus (looks like the coloration and resemblance to the Yangchuanosaurus and Chungkingosaurus diorama) seems to be just a pre-production variant of Tuojiangosaurus from the mid size line.

The rest are really just a mystery and I can't say I expect any of these to exist. Seems like they are long forgotten projects that are just displayed in a room. I would hope for any of these to become future releases, but sadly I have doubts.
here: https://www.facebook.com/Paleofiguras/posts/3206155856278995

suspsy

Well, we know for an indisputable fact that PNSO can make Cenozoic land beasts every bit as well as they can make Mesozoic ones, so now they just have to start doing it!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

I wonder what the release schedule will be for the rumored 8?  Will it be at the relentless one-a- week pace of the past (perhaps interspersed with other statues, etc.), or will it proceed at a more leisurely tempo?

Shonisaurus

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking  My congratulations on all your new figures of prehistoric marine animals. How I wish I had all the PNSO figures! They are so pretty. On the other hand another prehistoric marine animal figure, specifying marine reptile is the PNSO kronosaurus is another of PNSO's favorite figures. I'm glad for you.

avatar_blnadal @blnadal Thanks for the pictures. I'm glad that PNSO can make Cenozoic figures, they are my weakness along with dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals. Sincerely, PNSO is displacing all the other scientific companies at the productive rate in quantity and quality that this company is maintaining year after year.

Psittacoraptor

avatar_blnadal @blnadal Wow. I wish the Sinosauropteryx and the Cenozoic animals would make it to the mass market.

Antey

Quote from: blnadal on December 03, 2021, 02:47:52 AM

Although I do not collect marine animals, the Elasmosaurus prototype is good. Unless of course they are really going to release it. Without plesiosaurs, the PNSO collection looks incomplete. But I was much more interested in the saber-toothed predator with a spotted skin. Even this tiny photograph is delightful. I wonder what kind of animal it is? He's delicious anyway. I want this for myself, I have never seen a better performance of saber-toothed. Now, until I know the fate of this prototype, I cannot sleep well.

Sim

I'm not sure I'm understanding this correctly, the stegosaur you're referring to looks like the Tuojiangosaurus, not the Chungkingosaurus.  Also the museum series Chungkingosaurus prototypes were shown online long before any sign of the Tuojiangosaurus model.

Duna

Quote from: Antey on December 03, 2021, 11:50:39 AM
But I was much more interested in the saber-toothed predator with a spotted skin. Even this tiny photograph is delightful. I wonder what kind of animal it is? He's delicious anyway. I want this for myself, I have never seen a better performance of saber-toothed. Now, until I know the fate of this prototype, I cannot sleep well.
It could be a Dinofelis and it's absolutely beautiful. Agree.

Bread

Quote from: Sim on December 03, 2021, 03:02:44 PM

I'm not sure I'm understanding this correctly, the stegosaur you're referring to looks like the Tuojiangosaurus, not the Chungkingosaurus.  Also the museum series Chungkingosaurus prototypes were shown online long before any sign of the Tuojiangosaurus model.
Apologies for the quick and messy description. What I should have said was the Chungkingosaurus seen there has the coloration of its museum line version. However, the model itself resembles the Tuojiangosaurus based on the posture. Seems like PNSO just modified the model to be the Tuojiangosaurus instead, changing colors and some of the detailing.

Again, this could just be an old model. Even older than the diorama of the museum line Chungkingosaurus with the yangchuanosaurus. We'll just never know until PNSO provides an explanation. We've seen this mammoth many times but never received any further updates/news.

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Duna on December 03, 2021, 03:15:53 PM
But I was much more interested in the saber-toothed predator with a spotted skin. Even this tiny photograph is delightful. I wonder what kind of animal it is? He's delicious anyway. I want this for myself, I have never seen a better performance of saber-toothed. Now, until I know the fate of this prototype, I cannot sleep well.

I think Dinofelis is a good guess. If this figure ever does get released, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Check out my customs thread!

Sim

Quote from: Bread on December 03, 2021, 03:44:58 PM
Apologies for the quick and messy description. What I should have said was the Chungkingosaurus seen there has the coloration of its museum line version. However, the model itself resembles the Tuojiangosaurus based on the posture. Seems like PNSO just modified the model to be the Tuojiangosaurus instead, changing colors and some of the detailing.

Again, this could just be an old model. Even older than the diorama of the museum line Chungkingosaurus with the yangchuanosaurus. We'll just never know until PNSO provides an explanation. We've seen this mammoth many times but never received any further updates/news.

The colouration looks nearly the same but with small differences.  In the past a member on here shared photos of PNSO prototypes which included the Yangchuanosaurus and Giganotosaurus in an unreleased colouration which was nearly identical on both models, it can be seen below:

I think it's probably the same case here, a similar colouration was tested and the Tuojiangosaurus is entirely separate from the Chungkingosaurus.

Antey

Quote from: Duna on December 03, 2021, 03:15:53 PM
Judging by the length of the tail and relatively small canines (less than that of smilodon), this is mahayrodus. I'm not an expert though. I'll ask the experts on extinct felines.

Bread

avatar_Sim @Sim look at photos of the Tuojiangosaurus and compare them to this Chungkingosaurus. Same posture. Pretty much identical in the positioning of the legs and tail. I believe this was just a scrapped model or just a previous rendition that almost existed, but then reused for the Tuojiangosaurus instead.

Sim

avatar_Bread @Bread, I think you might have misunderstood me.  I agree it looks like the Tuojiangosaurus, and I think it IS the Tuojiangosaurus, not a Chungkingosaurus.  There's no reason to think it is a Chungkingosaurus once you know a similar colouration can be used on more than one species, as it was on the Yangchuanosaurus and Giganotosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: