News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: dinofelid on December 11, 2021, 12:41:42 AM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on December 10, 2021, 10:43:16 PM
Quote from: dinofelid on December 10, 2021, 10:16:02 PM
Quote from: SRF on December 10, 2021, 06:11:56 AM
The new Doyle is already available at PNSO's online stores on Amazon and AliExpress.
Link? I don't see it when I search for "PNSO triceratops" on AliExpress or Amazon...sure you're not looking at the old Doyle or the PNSO "Age of the Dinosaurs" Triceratops?

I don't know about Aliexpress but for me it's showing up on Amazon in the PNSO store.  Matter of fact both of them are shown this new one and the last one too.  The thing is this one says it's currently unavailable so bummer, I can't preorder it yet, but the listing is there already.
When you say "in the PNSO store" do you mean this page or something else? (and if something else, could you give a link?)

edit: Ah, now I see, you mean this page. Amazon's navigation system is counterintuitive, if you click "PNSO Yiniao Sci-Art" in the "Sold by" line on any given product page, it takes you here, and then if you click "PNSO Yiniao Sci-Art storefront" it just takes you to a list of search results.

Dinofield, I apologize for not being clear, all I did was click on paul the allosaurus on the bottom banner on this page.  That took me to amazon.com and the paul listing.  Then under his name there was a blue link under paul's name that reads sold by pnso, I clicked on that and it took me to the pnso storefront inside of the amazon app.  Then inside the store I selected the museum category and it pulled up all the museum listings and the new doyle is already there listed at the top of the page for $49.99?  But in red letters underneath the listing it also says currently unavailable and they hadn't yet created the pre-order option when last I checked earlier today.  They should update it soon especially if it's supposed to be available before 2022.  Can't wait to see it in hand :)

Antey

In my Aliexpress application, the new Doyle has been on sale since December 8th. At this time, 8 copies have already been sold.

JohannesB

That new PNSO Dinosaur Museum series model Triceratops looks very nice indeed, and since I have not bought anything dinosaur toy model related the last few months, I just thought 'sure, why not' :-) It will accompany my other favourite PNSO model (Wilson, late 2020) very well, I assume. 

Faras

JohannesB

As a little sidenote, I always fancied the Mega Sofubi Advance Triceratops by Kaiyodo, but I thought it is too expensive. This PNSO Triceratops has kind of the same vibe, but a bit more 'up to date' I assume. The PNSO also has its price going for it, compared to the Kaiyodo. (But it is smaller, of course.)

Skorpio V.

I may be in a minority here, but I like the smooth, air-brushed gradient the paint has here in comparison to the more detailed paint-scheme. Would've liked to see a little more green in some areas rather than it being almost entirely duo-toned.
Quote from: Faras on December 11, 2021, 03:46:48 PM
Spoiler

[close]
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Sim

The Triceratops looks like a living animal that's screaming and trying to free itself in this photo!

SidB

It sure does, avatar_Sim @Sim , though when I display it, upon arrival, I'll keep its mouth almost closed.

Concavenator

If Triceratops was my favorite dinosaur, I would be over the moon right now, with the Safari, CollectA, EoFauna, PNSO and (both of) BotM's versions around.

Rivera2171

This triceratops has a presence unlike anything else on the market...I must have it.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Concavenator on December 11, 2021, 06:20:09 PM
If Triceratops was my favorite dinosaur, I would be over the moon right now, with the Safari, CollectA, EoFauna, PNSO and (both of) BotM's versions around.
I wouldnt.  They are all great figures. I'd will feel to get all lol. In fact that's why I dont want more spinosaurus figures. Not because they are bad, because they all are too good  :)

JohannesB

This

Quote from: Rivera2171 on December 11, 2021, 06:20:54 PM
This triceratops has a presence unlike anything else on the market...I must have it.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Even if I was in the market for a new Triceratops (and I'm not, I'm happy with the Eofauna for Triceratops sp. and the Safari Ltd for T. horridus) I wouldn't choose that one, I'd choose the CollectA. The PNSO Triceratops looks gorgeous, a fantastic figure and I'm glad its being made but its not for me. It's much too dull looking for a Ceratopsoid, a group that I have long thought of as giant scaly birds of paradise. At the very least the frill should have a bit more colour.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

suspsy

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on December 12, 2021, 03:54:02 AM
Even if I was in the market for a new Triceratops (and I'm not, I'm happy with the Eofauna for Triceratops sp. and the Safari Ltd for T. horridus) I wouldn't choose that one, I'd choose the CollectA. The PNSO Triceratops looks gorgeous, a fantastic figure and I'm glad its being made but its not for me. It's much too dull looking for a Ceratopsoid, a group that I have long thought of as giant scaly birds of paradise. At the very least the frill should have a bit more colour.

Indeed, it looks painfully bland compared to A-Qi, Brian, Duke, and Perez.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Antey

I agree in principle, but PNSO chose the conservative paint model because it is ignored by other manufacturers. In my childhood, reconstructions of ceratopsians were of a modest color and this was considered the standard. The head shield most likely had bright colors, since it was probably used in demo behavior, but I absolutely do not like the way they were portrayed by BotM.

Callophrys

This Triceratops (or Torosaurus!) is the first of PNSO's recent releases that has caught my interest and I'll be buying it as soon as Everything Dinosaur has it in stock (along with the Eofauna Diplodocus). I don't mind the conservative paint job, but I would have liked to have seen a bit of decoration on the frill and face.

Psittacoraptor

They're taking the "museum line" branding seriously now. I would not display it like this (who has that kind of space), but I love all the art that comes with these figures now. Certainly increases their value for me.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: suspsy on December 12, 2021, 04:27:22 AM

Indeed, it looks painfully bland compared to A-Qi, Brian, Duke, and Perez.

It is plain and I love it like that and I bet I'm not alone in appreciating the simulated simplicity which actually has multiple layers of color and filters giving the figure depth.  Even plain looking animals have many different shades of those colors and for every jaguar there is a mountain lion or a lioness, both beautiful animals.  For every giraffe there is a Hippo or an elephant or a rhino and all are beautiful too.  it's like the CollectA deluxe Carnotaurus, I think it would look amazing with just the plain redish brown over tan over beige  base colors but then they came over top with some hand brushed stripes and ruined it, forgive me for saying this but they did the same to eofauna's triceratops.  Thankfully they didn't do that with the Giganotosaurus or any of their prehistoric mammals.  I would much rather have the deluxe Carnotoraus and the eofauna triceratops figures with just their base colors and nothing else because sometimes the factory is just not going to be able to produce something profitable with intricate color schemes that require hours and hours to paint .  They built and painted in factory assembly lines.  Sometimes simple naturalistic schemes like these can at times can look less toy like and more realistic because they are less likely to mess up the base scheme.  Most companies have already become capable of replicating basic realistic principles like countershading dry brushing, and simple washes.  These figures of today are already miles ahead of what we saw just ten years ago like the 2013 blue triceratops from favorite for example.

I'm not trying to be a contrarian but I for one really love the look of this triceratops, it only appears plain but it actually has a lot of little color variations that make it look believable.  If the frill is too plain maybe doyle had gender reassignment surgery and started taking hormones and became female or maybe some species of dinosaurs were no different than say bison with both sexes having similar less dramatic color schemes. 

Shonisaurus

He is honestly a phenomenal figure. The conservative colors of the triceratops make it a very realistic figure and even its articulated mouth gives it an image that makes the product better. He is a highly scientific figure like all of the PNSO.

Hopefully next year shop.modellpferdeversand.de will start to market this figure from 2022 along with livyatan, himalayasaurus and olorotitan among the figures that remain to be commercialized shop.modellpferdeversand.de.

One never tires of buying figures of preferred prehistoric animals at whatever price such as the triceratops, tyrannosaurus, parasaurolophus or spinosaurus to give several examples.

At this rate, PNSO is surpassing the rest of the companies in the number of new species of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals, I don't think that even another company like Kaiyodo can outnumber them, and apart from that the quality of the PNSO figures is extraordinary.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on December 12, 2021, 10:42:51 AM

They're taking the "museum line" branding seriously now. I would not display it like this (who has that kind of space), but I love all the art that comes with these figures now. Certainly increases their value for me.

PNSO has certainly invested in the way that they present their products and by extension the way they want all of us to think of them as a company.  I think their latest products are deserving of that type of investment.   I won't be dedicating an entire wall to one sculpt but I've transitioned to less is more approach myself.  I no longer cram everything I have onto my shelves and display cases.  I might have 3-4 figures in spaces I used to put 20 plus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: