News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antey

The most eloquent fact about the spread of grasses is the presence of specialized species that feed on grass. And as @ Psittacoraptor said above, such species appeared in the Late Cenozoic. For example, the famous hipparion fauna. Ceratopsians and Hadrosaurs hardly ate grass, their teeth did not have such a powerful cemented crown as in modern ruminants.

Abobo

suspsy

I still like the CollectA Deluxe better. Yay, money saved! Harvey does look nice, though.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

The skull looks much more like a Mantellisaurus to me personally. With the more gentle rounded slope and gracile build. The CollectA and Safari versions are more faithful to Iguanodon itself.

The body is definitely Iguanodon however. Another chimera from PNSO, as per usual. ;)

I do enjoy seeing the bulky body on this one though, compared to PNSO's earlier ornithopods that didn't take into account the ischium (mainly Corythosaurus and Lambeosaurus).

Carnoking

Criminy, are these all going to be museum line releases? That's gonna be a problem if they all look this good.

Psittacoraptor

The first Iguanodon I will consider buying. I like the Collecta in concept, but it looks like a kid painted it with markers.

CarnotaurusKing

Quote from: Flaffy on December 17, 2021, 12:17:30 PM
The skull looks much more like a Mantellisaurus to me personally. With the more gentle rounded slope and gracile build. The CollectA and Safari versions are more faithful to Iguanodon itself.

The body is definitely Iguanodon however. Another chimera from PNSO, as per usual. ;)

I do enjoy seeing the bulky body on this one though, compared to PNSO's earlier ornithopods that didn't take into account the ischium (mainly Corythosaurus and Lambeosaurus).

My exact thoughts. Even the most gracile reconstructions of Iguanodon's head have that slight Roman-nose. A real downer, cause they've pretty much nailed the body, compared to the more flimsy CollectA one. And it's in 1/35 scale too. Such a shame. Still, despite being a bit small for my taste, the Safari Iguanodon is still a fantastic model, so that's money saved.

SRF

Again a rather conservative choice for the colors, just like on Doyle. It's a nice model but not necessarily on my want list right now.
But today, I'm just being father

Jose S.M.

The body looks really good but the head doesn't look iguanodon enough to me. If only the Safari one was this big.

Shonisaurus

He will make a good match with his Collecta counterpart. It is a great figure, I like its conservative colors and I even like it much more that the figure is static except for the movement of the hooves.

Bread

Definitely a purchase for me. Honestly my problem is not much the head but the fact that it is a museum line figure, meaning it will most likely be $60....
I am curious to see it next to the Parasaurolophus as it is only $42.

SidB

Finally, a hefty Iguanodon. If I was an Allosaurus, I'd think twice about tackling this individual head-on, what with those brawny forearms.

Gwangi

Part of the museum line, again.  ::) Which means it'll be expensive and come with a bunch of stuff I don't want that allegedly justifies the price. I like it but CollactA's and Safari's are sufficient. The head looks odd.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Same sentiments, head doesn't look like an Iguanodon. Are all future releases going to be Museum line?  I liked the Mamenchi but man..that's doubling the price of all future releases.

SRF

I figured that there would be more releases to come in the Museum Line after the Stegosaurus duo, Andrea and Jeff. Well known species like Triceratops and Iguanadon fit in quite well in the same category as T. Rex and Stegosaurus and it only makes sense that bigger species like Sauropods will be released in the Museum Line as well. In that regard it's even surprising maybe that the Parasaurolophus and even the Allosaurus and Carnotaurus aren't in the Museum Line as well, but maybe those last two figures/genusses are just to small to release in the Museum Line.

Watching the review video of Doyle from DinosDragons, he does seem to know what models are coming up next. He's also mentioning that a true Torosaurus is to be expected. If so, I just hope that Torosaurus gets the same treatment compared to Triceratops like Tarbosaurus has got compared to Tyrannosaurus Rex. Meaning that Torosaurus will be released in the Prehistoric Animal Models line.
But today, I'm just being father

suspsy

If Torosaurus is part of the Museum Line, then I'm out of here. I'd be better off plunking down a bit more money for the BotM version. And it would look prettier.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CARN0TAURUS

Looks like it's in a bad mood, LOL.  I kind of like it, but not $60 like it.  The stripes are nice and the colors are not overdone.

Faelrin

At this rate I'm never gonna get caught up on these am I? Maybe at a rate at like 2-3 per year would be do-able. Even when I was doing better financially the only individual figures I could justify shelling out $50+ typically for were the BotM ones.

That said the head thing is unfortunate, going off what avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy said. Don't know why they'd get that wrong. I guess I will await avatar_Faras @Faras translation on the why. I otherwise really like what I see here despite that. Granted I've also eyeballed the CollectA Deluxe one for years and that one is more affordable. I also have the really nice Safari Ltd one, although is so small. I hope the final production samples are just as good looking though. Really hope someone can deliver a pic of all of the PNSO ornithopods together after this releases.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Duna

Ohh, another for the Museum Line?  :-\ It had to be absolutely perfect for me to buy it (and with a nice sale or discount) but .... it's a very good sculpture, but I think the head looks a bit odd, the colour is brown-grey again and I don't need that stuff that comes with it. I'll sleep over it by now.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Flaffy on December 17, 2021, 12:17:30 PM

By gracile are you referring to the distance from the upper lip to the top of the skull?  Should that area be wider?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: