News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Saw some in hand images of the Iguanodon. I think a lot of you will be disappointed, I know I am. The white stripes don't fade well into the dark colors, kind of a lackluster paint job and colorscheme in my opinion. Should be a $42 figure or lower.

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: Bread on December 22, 2021, 02:56:45 AM
Saw some in hand images of the Iguanodon. I think a lot of you will be disappointed, I know I am. The white stripes don't fade well into the dark colors, kind of a lackluster paint job and colorscheme in my opinion. Should be a $42 figure or lower.
Well, at least I won't have to feel apprehensive about skipping this one...

John

Good,that means no one will get in my way of getting one. ;)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Abobo

Antey

Why buy ALL PNSO figurines? I really want to have their Giganotosaurus. But I absolutely do not like the option that is there! Wrinkled skin, thorns, very strange proportions - it seems that the dinosaur cannot walk with them, it will fall head first. Therefore, I calmly choose and am in no hurry. Although this particular brand is my absolute priority so far.

Shonisaurus

It is honestly superior to its collecta counterpart (and that is because it is one of my favorite iguanodons) that iguanodon is very well finished and it is huge! It is the PNSO iguanodon judging by the photographs superior in quality to the lambeosaurine hadrosaurid dinosaurs such as the lambeosaurus, corythosaurus, parasaurolophus and olorotitan.

It is a very well finished and sculpted herbivorous dinosaur and I like the extremely conservative painting very much, it is an incredible figure that seems to be taken from a highly scientific paleoart book and made by artists such as Andrey Atuchin or Raúl Martín to give two examples. I prioritize purchasing unknown or underrepresented PNSO dinosaur and prehistoric animal figures in my collection this Christmas, but am seriously considering purchasing the PNSO iguanodon. He is an exceptionally good figure.

Psittacoraptor

Call me crazy but I think the final product looks fantastic. This one is definitely going on my wishlist.

ceratopsian

I actually like PNSO's business plan of producing high numbers of models. It means I can pick and choose what I want from their line up.  The variety means like I'm more likely to find something that fits my collecting interests.  I'm not obliged to buy everything. For instance I don't buy large marine models - though I'm happy that those who do had the opportunity to do so. Their great range means I'm more likely to find something I want.

SRF

I don't think the Iguanodon is that bad actually, but seeing it next to the Parasaurolophus (and on another picture, next to the Tarbosaurus) it really doesn't make sense that this figure costs 1.5 times as much.
But today, I'm just being father

The Prehistoric Traveler

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on December 22, 2021, 08:58:15 AM
Call me crazy but I think the final product looks fantastic. This one is definitely going on my wishlist.

I agree, it even looks slightly better than the prototype.

SenSx

I too like it more, but I still find those sorts of lips on the sides very strange...
Am I the only one ?

Antey

Quote from: The Prehistoric Traveler on December 22, 2021, 11:31:21 AM
Quote from: Psittacoraptor on December 22, 2021, 08:58:15 AM
I agree, it even looks slightly better than the prototype.
In fact, the rule here is that you cannot judge by the picture. When you hold the model in your hands, the impression is completely different. I was convinced of this more than once.

SRF

For those of us looking for a new Triceratops and still have to decide which one to get, this comparison between Doyle and the Eofauna Triceratops might be helpfull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuenLaPU8wc
But today, I'm just being father

Bread

Quote from: John on December 22, 2021, 06:56:44 AM
Good,that means no one will get in my way of getting one. ;)
I should really apologize for making this figure sound bad. I am really sorry for somewhat putting it down. It really is the price that is driving me crazy with this figure. I mean is it really worth $60? Plus even the Parasaurolophus is bigger than it with a superior color application as well.

Quote from: SRF on December 22, 2021, 10:48:42 AM
I don't think the Iguanodon is that bad actually, but seeing it next to the Parasaurolophus (and on another picture, next to the Tarbosaurus) it really doesn't make sense that this figure costs 1.5 times as much.
This right here explains it perfectly.

Carnoking

This.

Gwangi

Yup, that's exactly how I feel about it.

Sim

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 22, 2021, 10:28:56 AM
I actually like PNSO's business plan of producing high numbers of models. It means I can pick and choose what I want from their line up.  The variety means like I'm more likely to find something that fits my collecting interests.  I'm not obliged to buy everything. For instance I don't buy large marine models - though I'm happy that those who do had the opportunity to do so. Their great range means I'm more likely to find something I want.

I agree with this except that I do buy large marine animal models.

suspsy

Quote from: Carnoking on December 22, 2021, 02:17:05 PM

This.

Indeed.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ItsTwentyBelow

For $59.99, PNSO can keep that Iguanodon.

Man, their pricing is just completely out of hand. Pricing themselves out of the market.

Their prices realistically should have settled out to around $30 each for figures around the size of this Iguanodon. The Eofauna Triceratops in that video comparison stands out as every bit as accurate as the PNSO, but also with the right price.

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on December 22, 2021, 03:06:32 PM
For $59.99, PNSO can keep that Iguanodon.

Man, their pricing is just completely out of hand. Pricing themselves out of the market.

Their prices realistically should have settled out to around $30 each for figures around the size of this Iguanodon. The Eofauna Triceratops in that video comparison stands out as every bit as accurate as the PNSO, but also with the right price.
Agreed, the prices are quite high for what we're getting here, though I do wonder if it has to do with shipping costs or something - they don't seem to be nearly as expensive in China from what i've seen.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: