News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Well, this one is a must have. I was expecting this one too. This is a gorgeous Yutyrannus. I will still keep the Safari Ltd one though because it is 1:40 scale. It will be great to finally have one with a feathered face and just generally fluffy, and like as has been said it doesn't look too 'winter' also. Any similarity in pose to the Giganotosaurus makes no difference as I have no intention of ever buying Lucas.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Bread

Quote from: SRF on April 23, 2021, 06:08:15 AM
Quote from: SidB on April 22, 2021, 11:41:10 PM
Quote from: Bread on April 22, 2021, 01:27:25 PM
I just asked Model Toy Center on the estimated sale date for the Yutyrannus, should be about 3-4 days.
Good. I just lost a bid this afternoon on Ebay, so the upside of that is that I'll have the money for this wonderful figure. Definitely a silver lining.

Only the Yutyrannus won't be for sale until June, just like the Carcharodontosaurus.
Has this been confirmed by anyone from PNSO? I am seeing mixed information on release dates for this one. I guess we'll see in the next few days, usually PNSO will post something on instagram to verify release dates, like they did with their Carcharodontosaurus.

Andre

Bread

Quote from: Andre on April 23, 2021, 11:53:20 AM
This post states it will be available in June only: https://www.instagram.com/p/CN_dijLlj0I/?igshid=9fnrkee64ipr
Thank you! Although I am disappointed that I'll have to wait for this one, I will save up in the mean time to make a bulk purchase of their new figures. I am so excited for June, who knows what else PNSO will be releasing for that designated month.

SenSx

I'm personally waiting for all PNSO releases that interest me to buy them all at once, who knows what else they have up their sleeves.
I don't like to have to make to many orders.
For me it will be Para,Pachy, and maybe Yu.

Faelrin

avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur did a new blog regarding this:

https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2021/04/23/pnso-to-introduce-a-yutyrannus-model.html

Here's some images from it:

More in the post itself. Worth a read for all the information as well.

Edit: Safe to say I really do love how this one looks. I think it would have been better if the crests were slightly taller, and the mouth had lips, but its about time there's been another model of this dinosaur soon to be on the market (other then the upcoming BotM action figure). The seam for the articulated jaw is a bit more noticeable then I would prefer, but all the same I do enjoy the display options it opens up. I'm very eager to see in hand pics (or videos) of this one.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SRF

Thanks for sharing this avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin!

Yinqi really is going to be my top priority of all models PNSO is releasing in the coming months, but I'm looking forward to what PNSO has in store for us. avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur 's article definitely makes me curious about that as well.  :)
But today, I'm just being father

Patrx

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on April 22, 2021, 07:31:22 PM
avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy avatar_Patrx @Patrx Really interesting! For me, this is a plus. I prefer this kind of Oraltissue over most companys. Creates the illusion of an actual pharynx.

Oh! I can't speak for Flaffy, but for myself, I should have used the term "extraoral tissue". At this point, toothy theropods with exposed teeth just look very wrong to me — gotta hide those teeth!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Patrx on April 23, 2021, 06:52:30 PM
Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on April 22, 2021, 07:31:22 PM
avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy avatar_Patrx @Patrx Really interesting! For me, this is a plus. I prefer this kind of Oraltissue over most companys. Creates the illusion of an actual pharynx.

Oh! I can't speak for Flaffy, but for myself, I should have used the term "extraoral tissue". At this point, toothy theropods with exposed teeth just look very wrong to me — gotta hide those teeth!

Oh! An interesting misunderstanding. :-D Yes, i prefer Lips too, but its their style this time, so every theropod is lipless in the PNSO Universe of 2020/2021. I was prepard for this. And in general it is really hard for me to find this Figure not absolutely fantastic. I really would have to choose to nitpick. And i don't want to. But of course, everyone can spend their money on Figures they like. I am more than pleased. I am really happy about these highly detailed, fair priced (AliExpress Prices) Figures.

Patrx

This thing does look really nice in most respects, so even with my hangup about the lips, I might pick this up anyway and try and customize it  like I did with the Safari version:

Stegotyranno420

I like your customs avatar_Patrx @Patrx. Amazing

On the topic of lips, I'm kind of neutral. I like lips on my theropods to a certain amount, and I'm fine with small/no lips(like on both of papo's spinosauri), but when its like indominus rex, indoraptor, or pnso wilson teeth dangling out, its kind of looks off

I gotta say, this figure really reminds me of Krampus, the one Christmas demon from Alpine/Germanic? folklore. Especially with the very thick feather-fuzz, and the goat like foot structure

Lynx

My favorite model (besides the microraptor) yet! How large is it in inches?
An oversized house cat.

Gwangi

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on April 23, 2021, 07:55:34 PM

On the topic of lips, I'm kind of neutral. I like lips on my theropods to a certain amount, and I'm fine with small/no lips(like on both of papo's spinosauri), but when its like indominus rex, indoraptor, or pnso wilson teeth dangling out, its kind of looks off

I gotta say, this figure really reminds me of Krampus, the one Christmas demon from Alpine/Germanic? folklore. Especially with the very thick feather-fuzz, and the goat like foot structure

So I'm not the only one. I said it looked like devil hooves but your analogy works too.

Bread

Thought lips were still controversial? Otherwise I don't see an issue with a company, like PNSO, to continue to not include them. However, I do acknowledge that PNSO have a slight issue when it comes to going extreme with the no lips.

postsaurischian

Stegotyranno420

I'm curious to what's wrong with the wording ???

Patrx

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on April 23, 2021, 07:55:34 PM
Thanks! In my opinion, there are lots of folks around who are more skilled at such things than I am, but I try  :))

Quote from: Bread on April 23, 2021, 10:57:17 PM
Thought lips were still controversial?
Very much so, yeah. Personally, (as a non-expert) I'm presently convinced by the arguments in favor of lips on theropods, but, perhaps more importantly for the purposes of collecting figures, I also just like the look a lot more.

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 24, 2021, 12:31:00 AM:o :D  Please forgive my wording, but this is AWESOME!
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on April 24, 2021, 12:31:39 AM
I'm curious to what's wrong with the wording ???
At a guess, postsaurischian is (jokingly) concerned about invoking the palaeoart term "awesomebro" coined by John Conway eight (!) years ago.

Stegotyranno420

I never understood why it had to be that name tho. Terms like that just makes me shake my head in disgust

But yeah, I love the way you repaint. Is the Yutyrannus still in progression?

Shonisaurus

And the zhuchengtyrannus when will it be available from PNSO? I think it was within PNSO's production expectations. We also need from the PNSO more dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals from Asia (China, Mongolia, India or Japan to give several examples). PNSO has very little love for Asian dinosaurs I would like in this next year 2022 they make a tsintaosaurus.

Being in the thread of the matter the yutyrannus is very beautiful and on the other hand it is a detail to take into account that PNSO makes theropod dinosaurs with a support base, it is to be appreciated since some of its theropods had sustainability problems, for example the yangchuanosaurus. Honestly, those hair effects of the yutyrannus look like a movie. On the other hand, those hairy legs remind me of the satyrs or even the God Pan from Greek and Roman mythology in that dinosaur. They make this yutyrannus a very attractive figure that detail that I highlight.

SRF

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 24, 2021, 08:36:03 AM
And the zhuchengtyrannus when will it be available from PNSO? I think it was within PNSO's production expectations. We also need from the PNSO more dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals from Asia (China, Mongolia, India or Japan to give several examples). PNSO has very little love for Asian dinosaurs I would like in this next year 2022 they make a tsintaosaurus.

Being in the thread of the matter the yutyrannus is very beautiful and on the other hand it is a detail to take into account that PNSO makes theropod dinosaurs with a support base, it is to be appreciated since some of its theropods had sustainability problems, for example the yangchuanosaurus. Honestly, those hair effects of the yutyrannus look like a movie. On the other hand, those hairy legs remind me of the satyrs or even the God Pan from Greek and Roman mythology in that dinosaur. They make this yutyrannus a very attractive figure that detail that I highlight.

The thing with the Zhuchentyrannus is, we don't know exactly what kind of tease that was. Shortly after they released Wilson and after that came teasers for numerous theropods which seem to be converted into models. Then also the bronze statues came into play and if I'm not mistaken, on the first teaser images that came in about a year ago, one of the silhouettes of the teased statues was a Tyrannosaurid.

Since PNSO has to fill in a lot of spots in their Prehistoric Animals line (no. 43, 45, 47, 48, 49 and 51 if I'm not mistaken, and they won't stop after no. 52 either) I still think it's possible that Zhuchengtyrannus is one of them. But Zhuchengtyrannus could well become a bronze statue instead.
But today, I'm just being father

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: