News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenestra

I think the new T-Rex looks terrific, but that lower jaw.....it's not to my liking.
You have this thick scaley neck with veins and then BOOM!... this smooth jaw?
The transition is way to harsh, I think. But maybe it will not be so prominent once it's painted.

KeU

Potential spoilers for JW:D...
Someone possibly got eyes on the JW:D dinosaur design and made fan art based on that.
Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJJgmofOg1U
Specifically, looking at the Giga design, the head design is really close to what Nanmu has.
The body proportions are off though.
It is either Nanmu getting it spot on....
or who ever did this batch of fan art mistook the Nanmu render for real JW:D designs.
[close]

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: KeU on March 03, 2021, 02:23:39 PM
Someone possibly got eyes on the JW:D dinosaur design and made fan arts base on that.
Spoiler

Specifically, looking at the Giga design, the head design is really close to what Nanmu has.
or who ever did this batch of fan art mistook the Nanmu render for real JW:D designs.
[close]

:D oops.
I am not a real fan of Nanmu and their mostly JP inspired Figures, but if that is true, i have to admit that the Nanmu Version looks... better.

SenSx

Thanks for the visuals.
Well I was hoping JW would bring the Herrerasaurus to make it more popular so that figure compagnies would finally start making it.
But tey'll probably go with the "Raptor/Hybrid" route.

By the way I don't know if you have seen this, or if it has alwready been posted, but I found this, a comparaison of the two Nanmu Rexes'heads to see how much bigger the new one is:

But now, here are the finished Vastasaurus-Rex variants.

Green (movie accurate) or Red.
I'm a bit undecided, but I think I'll go with the green.
It is Faithful to the movie.
I like the blue eyes on the Red one, but not a big fan of the blood on the jaw (it's just me though, it makes it more unique), and not a big fan of the darker/yellowish bones on the base.
But it remains to be determined which base belong to who.
They like to keep a contrast between their figure and the bases, so I guess the green gets the white bones, and the Red gets the others.

Great figure by Nanmu again, pre-sold in March.

JohannesB

I hope the base for the "buck T. rex" comes as an option, like with the Giganotosaurus (because I have no use for it). Depending on the size of the figure, I might buy it.

SRF

Quote from: SenSx on March 03, 2021, 02:53:16 PM
Thanks for the visuals.
Well I was hoping JW would bring the Herrerasaurus to make it more popular so that figure compagnies would finally start making it.

By the way I don't know if you have seen this, or if it has alwready been posted, but I found this, a comparaison of the two Nanmu Rexes'heads to see how much bigger the new one is:

This comparison is actually much older Stan Winston designs from when they were working on the T Rex models for the Lost World movie.
But today, I'm just being father

SenSx

Quote from: SRF on March 03, 2021, 03:27:11 PM
Quote from: SenSx on March 03, 2021, 02:53:16 PM
Thanks for the visuals.

This comparison is actually much older Stan Winston designs from when they were working on the T Rex models for the Lost World movie.

Oh ok I'm completely wrong then, sorry
I found it on the comments of the Nanmu's Facebook.

Carnoking

I'm still torn on that V-rex. There's just something that looks off about it. Still, I'll probably get it. I like the touch of blood, but it's not enough to sway me from the movie accurate deco

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: KeU on March 03, 2021, 02:23:39 PM
Someone possibly got eyes on the JW:D dinosaur design and made fan arts based on that.
Spoiler

[close]

It's because it is the Nanmu head, lol. Whoever created that fanart just photoshopped different things together.

Faelrin

Yep those are definitely all fan made (although they've been passed around here and there as if they are official).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Vegeta365

I really hope that one of the next releases is a multi pack like they did with the raptor pack.

They really need to bring out more of the smaller creatures and now the range is growing if would be good for them to alternate.

Imagine 4 Dilophosaurus of Galimimus in the Nanmu scale. Beautiful.

Clearly at some point they are going to do the Brachi and I'm excited for that aswell, but I think it would be good to start to Mia in some smaller dinos as sets. They really make the range look varied.

At some point a pteranodon/Dimorpodon set with bases that do well to make them look like they are mid flight (e.g. trees) would be something different too.

Nanmu need to visit this page regularly to see what we're saying  ;)

Stegotyranno420

If nanmu plans to make the baryonyx, i hope they use the website version instead of the movie one(big difference, the former is far more accurate and cooler), and it could help them get away with copyright. Same with rebor, i think they don't have a bary yet

Vegeta365

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 04, 2021, 10:13:42 PM
If nanmu plans to make the baryonyx, i hope they use the website version instead of the movie one(big difference, the former is far more accurate and cooler), and it could help them get away with copyright. Same with rebor, i think they don't have a bary yet

Given the type of dinos they have been focusing on Baryonyx is likely to be one of the next ones I would imagine so that's a good guess.

I would very much doubt they would ever get in trouble with copyright. It's so difficult to be found guilty. If the Indominus, Indoraptor and raptor pack have got away with it, then anything they release will be fine. Then look at the Spino and it's colour scheme. It couldn't be any more blatant could it? No trouble what so ever.

SenSx

I've been waiting for the Baryonyx, I'm surprised they still haven't revealed it.

They could make other smaller dinos as packs.
Or I'm thinking they might decide to make them in bigger scale, like Rebor Velociraptors (that could be rereleased too).

Vegeta365

Quote from: SenSx on March 04, 2021, 10:27:09 PM
I've been waiting for the Baryonyx, I'm surprised they still haven't revealed it.

Or I'm thinking they might decide to make them in bigger scale, like Rebor Velociraptors (that could be rereleased too).

I personally hope they do not do that.

One of the most appealing things about the Nanmu range is that they are all in reasonably close scale (screen accurate) which makes them great for scenes/displaying. My sons favourite past time is playing with his Nanmu collection making displays and the scaling makes this believable to him. As a piece in isolation a bigger scale Dilophosaurus is fine. But if they don't make their Dilophosaurus/Galimimus etc at 1:35 scale then they will not sit nicely with the entire existing range and that would be a huge miss in my opinion.

I guess only time will tell. I would love to email them and try to influence the decision though  >:D >:D

SenSx

Quote from: Vegeta365 on March 04, 2021, 10:34:33 PM

One of the most appealing things about the Nanmu range is that they are all in reasonably close scale (screen accurate) which makes them great for scenes/displaying. My sons favourite past time is playing with his Nanmu collection making displays and the scaling makes this believable to him. As a piece in isolation a bigger scale Dilophosaurus is fine. But if they don't make their Dilophosaurus/Galimimus etc at 1:35 scale then they will not sit nicely with the entire existing range and that would be a huge miss in my opinion.

I guess only time will tell. I would love to email them and try to influence the decision though  >:D >:D

I 100% understand and agree, there are not many of those smaller dinos in 1/35.
(Although I would like a Galliminus in higher scale, but that is all).

But once Nanmu has released everything there is left, I think one of their only option if they want to keep making dinos, is to make those in bigger scale.
Unless they decide to make non Jurassic Park like figures, or less common dinos.

Over9K

She's looking for her big-headed boy friend...

Stegotyranno420

I just honestly hope they do the website one instead...

blnadal

Quote from: Vegeta365 on March 04, 2021, 10:34:33 PM

You could try their facebook messenger
https://www.facebook.com/Nanmutoys

dragon53

I have 2 questions:

1. I have seen Nanmu's official photos of the green Apatosaurus which looks dark green, and Ive seen Youtube reviews of the green Apatosaurus which looks light green. So which is accurate---is the Nanmu Apatosaurus dark green or light green?

2. Any rumors of what dinosaurs Nanmu will release in the future?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: