You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How many spinosaurus figures do you have and what is your favorite amongs them?

Started by Spinosaur935, January 19, 2021, 04:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinosaur935

I have 17, and my favorite got to be the old PNSO Essien. Yes, it got quite dull coloration and these weird thumbs and other minor issues, but somehow it has grown on me. (The new Essien is on its way in the mail, so I didn't include it, even though it may be my new fav spino when I have it in person.)
I also like Papo's Limited edition spinosaurus alot and the (2009?) Carnegie one.

And do you value more accuracy or "movie monster" type of figures?
For me accuracy is more important but I do not mind it so much if the figure is not that accurate.

Lanthanotus

JohannesB

I have just one: the 2008 Safari Carnegie

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Not including the one that is for sale, I currently have 3, which is more than I want really, I have the new little PNSO Eissen, the Safari Ltd and the newer Carnegie. That is more than enough. My favourite is the new one. But I have to say that overtime I like the Carnegie more than the Safari despite being less accurate
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Patrx

The only one I have at the moment is the swimming version from CollectA. It's fine for now, despite the outdated tail. I'm not keen on any of the standing figures so far, the animal putting much weight on its forelimbs just seems off to me, so I'd like to see a bipedal standing pose or even one one using its tail for support as Andrea Cau once suggested. Plus, nearly all of them have rough, croc-like skin, I'd like to see one with a smoother texture.

CityRaptor

Currently I have three. The Dinosaur King one by Playmates and two Safari Toob ones (from "Dinos" and "Sue and her Friends" toobs ). Used to have some more, but I'm currently re-organising and sold them off. Still need to pick up something more modern.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Fenestra

In my collection are 3 Spinosaurus; the Pegasus model kit, the small swimming model from CollectA and the Limited ed. Papo one.
I like the fact that all 3 show different looks for Spinosaurus.
If I have to choose a favorite, it probably is the large Pegasus model.

TethysaurusUK

Till the PNSO one comes into my life, the Papo one is my current favourite.

Bread

Currently none, but I may purchase either PNSO's new Spinosaurus or the beautiful Carnegie 2009 Spinosaurus. However, I have said this before and I will keep saying it until it happens: I want a Mark Witton Spinosaurus.

Gwangi

Quote from: Patrx on January 19, 2021, 06:20:20 PM
The only one I have at the moment is the swimming version from CollectA. It's fine for now, despite the outdated tail. I'm not keen on any of the standing figures so far, the animal putting much weight on its forelimbs just seems off to me, so I'd like to see a bipedal standing pose or even one one using its tail for support as Andrea Cau once suggested. Plus, nearly all of them have rough, croc-like skin, I'd like to see one with a smoother texture.

Yup, all of this right here. I'm not convinced by any of the recent Spinosaurus models, but I do consider the latest PNSO one the best of the lot. I want one that looks like Mark Witton's take. For now I have the Papo JP Spinosaurus and the orange Favorite Co. model, and that's how it will stay until I find "just the right one".

stargatedalek

I don't have any modern Spinosaurus. None of them have ever met my standards of accuracy and requirements of scale at once. I have the version 2 Favorite soft model, and a number of Jurassic Park and Dinosaur King versions, no idea exactly how many, most by-catch from various lots over the years.

BlueKrono

I've taken to collecting Spinosaurus a wee bit in the past year. It was always my favorite dinosaur until Ichthyovenator was discovered. Currently I have at least 39 different Spinosauruses proper, not including other spinosaurids, Acrocanthosaurus, and quadruped sail-backs that look more like Arizonasaurus or Dimetrodon. My favorite will always be the original brown Carnegie.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Giganotosaurus

I just have the Hasbro Jurassic 2015 figure and the Mattel original color Spinosaurus. I like both very much, although the quality control of the Mattel Spino is a bit iffy. I remember someone on JPToys explained why many Spino's had quality issues. Anyway, what I dislike about the Hasbro Spino are the screwholes of course. But both figures I like overall. Of course, I don't have any realistic figures of the Spino, which I should change soon.
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Lynx

I have four. The schleich 2019 spinosaurus (which was my favorite till 2020 came along with new spino figures) and a bunch of knockoffs. Technically I only have two (as the other two are quite small). However I am getting the GR Toys Spinosaurus soon. I plan for that to be the last spino I buy. (unless of course we have a new major spino reconstruction!)
An oversized house cat.

Carnoking

I have 10, (PNSO, Papo, Carnegie, Mattel, GR Toys and Nanmu) and my favorite by far is the new PNSO offering when it comes to scientific models. As far as movie replicas, the Nanmu spinosaurus is easily my favorite.

SidB

Had 18, but down to 10 now, including all three of the Favorites, two Schleichs, 1 Papo, 1 Safari, 1 Carnegie and the 2 PNSO's. First choice goes to the new PNSO, though I wish it was a bit larger.

Patrx

Amusingly, Gabriel Ugueto published a new Spinosaurus illustration today that reflects exactly the sort of reconstruction I'm holding out for to replace my CollectA!

More info here!

Bread

Quote from: Patrx on January 20, 2021, 12:27:17 AM
Amusingly, Gabriel Ugueto published a new Spinosaurus illustration today that reflects exactly the sort of reconstruction I'm holding out for to replace my CollectA!

More info here!
Saw this earlier today and my initial thought was "Wow, I need this in a figure right away." I know this is slightly off topic, but if any company can produce a good figure to represent this reconstruction, you can have my pay check in advance.

Spinosaur935

There are greatly varied answers, it is nice to see always other peoples take on collecting specific type of figures.

Shonisaurus

I metaphorically have countless spinosaurus, I don't know how many I have but what I can say is that my favorite spinosaurus is Papo's by far.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: