You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How many spinosaurus figures do you have and what is your favorite amongs them?

Started by Spinosaur935, January 19, 2021, 04:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subduction

Quote from: Bread on January 20, 2021, 02:06:48 AM
Quote from: Patrx on January 20, 2021, 12:27:17 AM
Amusingly, Gabriel Ugueto published a new Spinosaurus illustration today that reflects exactly the sort of reconstruction I'm holding out for to replace my CollectA!

More info here!
Saw this earlier today and my initial thought was "Wow, I need this in a figure right away." I know this is slightly off topic, but if any company can produce a good figure to represent this reconstruction, you can have my pay check in advance.

I would also buy a figure based off of this figure! It looks so good!

Otherwise, I have the Papo JP3-inspired Spino and the 2019 Limited edition Spinosaurus. Even though it's my favorite dinosaur, I don't want too many figures of the same genus. :'D

My favorite one has to be the 2020 Eissen one. But I don't own it yet.

MLMjp

Quote from: Subduction on January 20, 2021, 10:17:22 PM
Quote from: Bread on January 20, 2021, 02:06:48 AM
Amusingly, Gabriel Ugueto published a new Spinosaurus illustration today that reflects exactly the sort of reconstruction I'm holding out for to replace my CollectA!
More info here!
Saw this earlier today and my initial thought was "Wow, I need this in a figure right away." I know this is slightly off topic, but if any company can produce a good figure to represent this reconstruction, you can have my pay check in advance.

I would also buy a figure based off of this figure! It looks so good!

Otherwise, I have the Papo JP3-inspired Spino and the 2019 Limited edition Spinosaurus. Even though it's my favorite dinosaur, I don't want too many figures of the same genus. :'D

My favorite one has to be the 2020 Eissen one. But I don't own it yet.

I am also waiting for a Spino like that, based on the Scott Hartman skeletal reconstruction. Also, I like that the "round" sail has "returned".

PrimevalRaptor

If we also take in account cheaposaurs and stuff I'm sure I got at least 10-15 (it is my favorite after all), some of the more well-known ones include both the old and the 2009 Spinosaurus, both Papo's, the old blue Replica-Saurus one, the...2000sth one that's really big and JP-inspired and the most recent one from Schleich (the Vlad Konstantinov one), a big model by Michael Trcic, the orange Wild Safari one and baby, the oldest CollectA Spinosaurus and quite a few of the Hasbro JPIII ones.
For favorites, probably the Trcic model, the new Papo and the 2009 Carnegie, they all just look really cool, have a decent size and amazing sculpting.

GojiraGuy1954

More info here!
I really don't like that. Why he would base it on the Hartman spino rather than the more reliable SassyPaleoNerd or Ibrahim Spinos is beyond me.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

stargatedalek

Yes, the Hartman Spinosaurus has been pretty effectively debunked already (something of a trend that).

Duna

I have some minis (Collecta, Safari), and Papo Spinosaurus (the first version), Papo Spinosaurus 2019 and PNSO 2020. And my favourite is the Papo 2019. Sorry PNSO, but you should have make it bigger. Spinosaurus can't be so small and so expensive.

MLMjp

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 21, 2021, 05:45:38 PM
Yes, the Hartman Spinosaurus has been pretty effectively debunked already (something of a trend that).
Would you mind sharing that "debunk" so I could jugde myself?

Thanks in advance.

Patrx

As I mentioned a bit upthread, the features I'm really looking for in a new Spino figure are a credible terrestrial posture and relatively smooth skin — Ugueto's illustration demonstrates these. I feel like the discourse regarding the sail shape is too tumultuous for me, as a random layperson, to have landed on a preference.

Bread

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 21, 2021, 05:45:38 PM
That's a shame, I really like this interpretation of Spinosaurus. Oh well.... regardless though, I would love a Spinosaurus in this pose, even if the sculptor/company resorts to the non-rounded spine.

Lynx

I am waiting for someone to release a lipped spino, I really want one to complete my "spino figure timeline". All I am missing is the 2020 spino. I know there are now many figures of it on the market, but I would prefer one with lips.
An oversized house cat.

Patrx

Agreed! Lips would be a nice bonus feature, so to speak. I'm a little less particular about it in this case on the grounds that the animal was so aquatic, but it still stands as an aesthetic improvement.

Gwangi

Quote from: Patrx on January 21, 2021, 08:27:20 PM
As I mentioned a bit upthread, the features I'm really looking for in a new Spino figure are a credible terrestrial posture and relatively smooth skin — Ugueto's illustration demonstrates these. I feel like the discourse regarding the sail shape is too tumultuous for me, as a random layperson, to have landed on a preference.

I agree with this as well. I don't really care that much about the shape of the sail. I just want the Spinosaurus upright and smooth skinned. I would also prefer more of a hump than a sail.

This is basically what I want.

Lynx

Same here. I just want a bipedal spino with proper body proportions and lips. And please, can one company make a spino that is not a tripod?
An oversized house cat.

Halichoeres

I have two:

I bought one for the gar it came with, and the other for the batoid it came with.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

bmathison1972

I have one, Safari 2019 (and I don't care about the 'outdated tail')

Faelrin

For now I only have the 2019 Papo one and the Mattel Legacy one. I have a few mini figures of Spinosaurus from various companies too (such as Mattel, etc).

Both the 2020 PNSO one and the repainted 2021 Mattel one are on my wishlist.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Pachyrhinosaurus

I have quite a few, but my favorites are the new Carnegie spinosaurus, as well as the 2019 Safari and Schleich. My ideal spinosaurus figure would look like the New Carnegie figure but of course adapted to the latest findings.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

suspsy

I only have three at the moment. The swimming version and the miniature by CollectA and the miniature by PNSO. Had the walking CollectA version as well, but I gave it away recently.

Planning to get the new Safari one when it becomes available.

Oh, and my son owns the latest Schleich version.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

MLMjp

Regular: collecta deluxe, papo limited edition, safari baby, safari mini from a toob.
From JP/JW: JP3 animatronic Spino, JP3 Poseable Spino, Mattel legacy collection.

Cretaceous Crab

CollectA: 3 - regular, swimming and deluxe
Safari LTD: 2 of the orange biped figure (pre-2014)
Carnegie: 1 - old 1980s biped figure
PNSO: 1 - baby figure
Schleich: 1 - 2019 figure

My favorite is probably the Schleich figure

Still on my wishlist:
2019 Papo figure limited edition'
2021 Safari LTD figure
2020 Musee GR Toys figure

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: