News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

parasaurolophus

Started by vampiredesign, January 25, 2021, 06:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vampiredesign

It's made by a friend. It's my color :)

triceratops83

That's absolutely gorgeous, both the sculpt and the paint.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

ceratopsian

A lovely addition to your collection. An excellent base too.

Spinosaur935

Jose S.M.

Your friend is a talented sculptor and you a talented painter! It's a beautiful figure.

Avian

That will surely look nice on your shelves! The color reminds me a little bit of the soft model by Favorite Co.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

Shonisaurus

It's very nice, by the way, what company does this parasaurolophus belong to?

vampiredesign

thank you! I didn't use this color very well. I tried it for the first time.

vampiredesign

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 25, 2021, 10:23:29 PM
It's very nice, by the way, what company does this parasaurolophus belong to?
Thank you. My friend made this by himself.

vampiredesign

A few of my friends are very good, their models are very good, there will be more works after the Chinese New Year. Camarasaurus,Tsintaosaurus,(GT HAOLONGGOOD) Dicraeosaurus... ...

thedeadlymoose

Both the model and the paint job are very beautiful!

Sarapaurolophus

Very nice coloration, would love to see it in daylight.

Tyto_Theropod

As a long term fan of this genus, I approve of this model! ;D  Both you and your friend are extremely, phenomenally talented - this looks like something professional you might find in a museum.  Both of you could certainly market your skills if you fancied it. 

I LOVE your paint job, both the colour scheme, which has to be one of my personal favourites of the Hadrosaur colour schemes I've seen, and the application.  I especially like the fact that you've put gloss one the eye and around the nostril, it really brings it to life.  The sculpting is gorgeous, and I love the crisp scaly texture and dynamic but naturalistic pose - and the fact that you're friend included a back frill. 

Admittedly I'm not an expert on Hadrosaur anatomy, but it is basically accurate, although I would say that the tail is too thin.  Hadrosaurs had distinctive deep, muscular tails.  More minor nitpicks are that the beak sheath could do with being longer and the body is a little skinny compared to most modern restorations.  But I'm being a pedant in true DTF style.  The fact remains that I think this is a beautiful work of art.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

JohannesB

What can I say (that others haven't said already)? Beautiful craftsmanship!

vampiredesign

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on January 26, 2021, 02:56:20 PM
As a long term fan of this genus, I approve of this model! ;D  Both you and your friend are extremely, phenomenally talented - this looks like something professional you might find in a museum.  Both of you could certainly market your skills if you fancied it. 

I LOVE your paint job, both the colour scheme, which has to be one of my personal favourites of the Hadrosaur colour schemes I've seen, and the application.  I especially like the fact that you've put gloss one the eye and around the nostril, it really brings it to life.  The sculpting is gorgeous, and I love the crisp scaly texture and dynamic but naturalistic pose - and the fact that you're friend included a back frill. 

Admittedly I'm not an expert on Hadrosaur anatomy, but it is basically accurate, although I would say that the tail is too thin.  Hadrosaurs had distinctive deep, muscular tails.  More minor nitpicks are that the beak sheath could do with being longer and the body is a little skinny compared to most modern restorations.  But I'm being a pedant in true DTF style.  The fact remains that I think this is a beautiful work of art.
Yes, the tail is a little thinner, and the shape of the head can be more detailed. We're still trying.

vampiredesign

I'll take it to the outdoors when I have time. To choose a better place, I will shoot more works.

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: vampiredesign on January 27, 2021, 02:43:02 AM
Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on January 26, 2021, 02:56:20 PM

Yes, the tail is a little thinner, and the shape of the head can be more detailed. We're still trying.

Don't worry, you can only improve from here!  Not trying to rip you apart, just offering constructive criticism.  Looking forward to see outdoor shots, and some of the other things you've done.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Halichoeres

My compliments to your friend the sculptor! Your paint work also looks very nice.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.