News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dino Hazard: New for 2021

Started by Leyster, January 30, 2021, 02:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Everything Dinosaur have posted something on their Facebook regarding the new Irritator, so that could mean they will be stocking this figure.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

They are sorting out safety checks, if all goes well, they may stock it
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Blade-of-the-Moon

Haven't seen mine show up as of yet.   

The inevitable seems to be occurring starting to see knockoffs of it appearing.

Concavenator

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon That sounds bad. Could you please show a link to at least one of those knockoffs?

Primeval12

(Edit. Seemed to have written in the wrong spot but I meant to post here anyways).

I've been seeing the Irritator on EBAY a lot and I am considering biting. It looks really nice and is quite accurate.

DragonRider02

I see more and more sellers offering Irritator on both Aliexpress and Ebay. Some are for quite low price and all show pictures of the better painted version. I wonder, if it's actually the one without the white stripe, and they are just using wrong (better looking) photos? Anyone tried ordering from one of these sellers?

Here are some examples.
Aliexpress:
https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/1005002765590190.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.29b02e0ezh5HyW
https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/1005002756044272.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.29b02e0ezh5HyW

Ebay: https://www.ebay.pl/itm/114847939014?hash=item1abd7879c6:g:lsIAAOSwkspgxBx1
https://www.ebay.pl/itm/324673499047?hash=item4b980c6fa7:g:OVoAAOSwlqJgxGZI

Concavenator

Quote from: DragonRider02 on June 13, 2021, 07:24:47 PM
I see more and more sellers offering Irritator on both Aliexpress and Ebay. Some are for quite low price and all show pictures of the better painted version. I wonder, if it's actually the one without the white stripe, and they are just using wrong (better looking) photos? Anyone tried ordering from one of these sellers?

Here are some examples.
Aliexpress:
https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/1005002765590190.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.29b02e0ezh5HyW
https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/1005002756044272.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.29b02e0ezh5HyW

Ebay: https://www.ebay.pl/itm/114847939014?hash=item1abd7879c6:g:lsIAAOSwkspgxBx1
https://www.ebay.pl/itm/324673499047?hash=item4b980c6fa7:g:OVoAAOSwlqJgxGZI

Is it possible those are the knockoffs avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon mentions? They certainly don't look like knockoffs, but it is indeed strange they have such low prices. In any case, I would say the safest option would be buying it from the listings that have sold more / from the trustworthy sellers from AliExpress some people here can reccomend.

Thialfi

Best and safest would be to buy straight from the producers: https://www.yvyfigures.com/produtos/irritator-challengeri-dino-hazard-international-sales/

Also, Everything Dinosaur will be stocking it. The prices in the AliExpress link seems too good to be true. The images aren't in hand images either - just regular promo shots I believe.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah I saw them appearing on ebay.

Not having used Aliexpress before, I'm unsure of this but I have been receiving a notice from Singapore Post to update my info. I originally just assumed a scam and deleted but it keeps showing up telling me to enter my phone number and then pay a fee for redelivery.  I don't know where the Aliexpress seller is actually located so now I'm a bit concerned.  I took a screen shot I posted on facebook and will post below.

andrewsaurus rex

i wouldn't buy from any ebay/aliexpress seller that I don't know is 100% reliable.  Most I have seen so far have weak feedback and that is always a warning sign to me.  I speak from bitter experience.  Anything below 99% on ebay I consider weak.

They could be knock offs, maybe not...it's kind of soon for knock offs to be available already.  They could also be models that did not pass quality control and have been rejected.  Or they could have 'fallen off the truck'...ie stolen.

It's also possible they are perfectly fine and are so cheap because all the usual wholesalers and retailer markups aren't needed as they are being sold factory direct.  That's why I said to only buy from sellers you trust.  Everyone uses the promotional pictures to advertise the item.....that don't mean that's what they'll ship you.

Really glad to hear Everything Dinosaur will be picking up the line.  They have good prices and are super reliable.  The more retailers that sell Dino Hazard products the better.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 14, 2021, 02:11:37 PM
Yeah I saw them appearing on ebay.

Not having used Aliexpress before, I'm unsure of this but I have been receiving a notice from Singapore Post to update my info. I originally just assumed a scam and deleted but it keeps showing up telling me to enter my phone number and then pay a fee for redelivery.  I don't know where the Aliexpress seller is actually located so now I'm a bit concerned.  I took a screen shot I posted on facebook and will post below.

I strongly suggest to everyone to only buy from Aliexpress sellers with Paypal payment.
I'm using Aliexpress quite often but it's the first time I see the request you're showing..
-

Volgadraco

Got mine irritator form Aliexpress today. Surprisingly the coloration seems to be "standard", even though the photo on the page looked like "basic". It came without box, maybe this is the reason the figure was so cheap. Unfortunately I faced stability issue the figure isn't standing properly even on the stand. I will make some photos. Have anyone faced the same stability problem?

Here's the link of the seller I've bought the figure from https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005002656319302.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6f6f33edRFQWZe&_ga=2.210147280.453238298.1623658981-2027983815.1622054845&sku_id=12000021580260399

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: andrewsaurus on June 14, 2021, 03:29:29 PM
i wouldn't buy from any ebay/aliexpress seller that I don't know is 100% reliable.  Most I have seen so far have weak feedback and that is always a warning sign to me.  I speak from bitter experience.  Anything below 99% on ebay I consider weak.

They could be knock offs, maybe not...it's kind of soon for knock offs to be available already.  They could also be models that did not pass quality control and have been rejected.  Or they could have 'fallen off the truck'...ie stolen.

It's also possible they are perfectly fine and are so cheap because all the usual wholesalers and retailer markups aren't needed as they are being sold factory direct.  That's why I said to only buy from sellers you trust.  Everyone uses the promotional pictures to advertise the item.....that don't mean that's what they'll ship you.

Really glad to hear Everything Dinosaur will be picking up the line.  They have good prices and are super reliable.  The more retailers that sell Dino Hazard products the better.

I ordered from Jurassic Zoo Store.  I think this message might be a scam but if it is they are VERY persistent.

stoneage

The problem is they say if you don't pay by June 16th their sending it back.  Why would it need to be redelivered unless they claim they've already attempted it in which case you should have gotten a notice.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stoneage on June 15, 2021, 08:22:49 PM
The problem is they say if you don't pay by June 16th their sending it back.  Why would it need to be redelivered unless they claim they've already attempted it in which case you should have gotten a notice.

Right and claiming fees for redelivery.  I checked on my order page on aliexpress and see nothing.  I don't understand how a phone number is stopping things anyway? Or why the seller wouldn't contact me directly if there was an issue. Very odd. But Idon't want to enter my credit card info on a strange site.

stoneage

Is the tracking number right.  Also when i worked for the post office there was never a redelivery fee.  We would just leave notice and deliver it when you wanted.  Singapore post would have nothing to do with it once it was in the US.  Maybe their fishing for your credit card information.

andrewsaurus rex

this really sounds like a scam to me.  I received something similar after I ordered from BBTS.  An email claiming to be from FedEx told me there was a problem with my delivery address and I was instructed to click on a link and enter some information.  I didn't of course.  I contacted BBTS and they told me it was a scam email.

Have you contacted the original seller and asked him what is going on?  If this package has been handed over to the USPS then there would certainly be no redelivery fee.  It would go for pick up at the post office and if not picked up within a time limit returned to sender.  Have you looked up the tracking number on USPS?  If it's not there USPS doesn't have it yet.

The short time limit is also fishy.  Pressuring you to act quickly is usually a sign of a scam.  My advice is to contact the seller and do not respond at all to the Singapore Post message.

andrewsaurus rex

I took the liberty of looking up the tracking number on USPS, I hope you don't mind.  The status is: shipping label created, not yet in system.  This means it hasn't been shipped yet. 

The message you got from Singapore Post states delivery has been attempted twice.  So it's either a scam or they're full of it.  The lack of your phone number could be an issue, some post offices do require it, for some reason, but that doesn't explain them saying delivery has been attempted twice.

I also looked the tracking number up on Singapore Post website.  Status was: not found in system.

So, I don't know what to think.  USPS seems to think it's a valid tracking number, it doesn't show up on Singapore Post.  This suggests to me it hasn't been shipped yet, just a label created by the seller.

Contact the seller. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thanks for the help, I decided not to pursue it. I believe your both correct and it's a scam. I think asking for credit card info was the final straw in their credibility.  There is no way a delivery has been attempted either then they suggested I can pick it up at their office in Singapore? Not likely.   Glad we figured something out and if anyone else has this issue maybe it will help them reading this.

Fenestra

From the site of Singapore Post:

"Please be alert against scams

In recent times, we have received several inquiries from customers about phone calls, email & text messages impersonating us.

If you receive a call, email or text message claiming to be from SingPost, please do not provide any personal information, such as your full name and bank account details, or transfer any money that may be requested. Even if the email or text message you received contains the SingPost name or logo, please do not reply to it or click on any hyperlink in it.

If we are unable to deliver an item to you, you will receive a physical Non-Delivery Advice to collect the item from a Post Office or POPStation."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: