News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kinder Surprise dinosaurs

Started by Halichoeres, February 05, 2021, 11:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Kinder eggs have had dinosaur toys in them several times over the years. Apparently recently eggs in the UK have contained these three:

The dromaeosaur isn't the worst thing in the world. The wings look like they're little sheets of cardstock, and maybe the frill and plates on the other two as well.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Wow, I'm impressed to see a feathered and winged Dromaeosaur ? Do you know how long ago these were released?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

PrimevalRaptor

I've seen the dromaeosaur on Twitter, shame about the cardboard-y wings but man, I love it! Especially for a childrens toy it'd be easy to just go with a JP knockoff but they really did their homework here.

DragonRider02

I am actually trying to get that Dromaeosaur but it Will probably take LOTS of eggs before I get it!
I actually saw picture of that Raptor on the cardboard box the Eggs are displayed in grocery store few weeks ago. It took me while to find better pictures of it online. I must Say I was quite shocked to see a fully feathered, winged Raptor in a Kinder Surprise Egg, out of all things! How come that Kinder Surprise toy is more accurate than any raptor Schleich ever made??  ???

Also, the wings, crest and tail feathers are indeed made of cardboard. That's the toys' gimmick. Stegosaurus has paper plates and the Ceratopsian has cardboard frill.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 06, 2021, 12:22:10 AM
Wow, I'm impressed to see a feathered and winged Dromaeosaur ? Do you know how long ago these were released?

I think they came out late last year, so they're probably still on store shelves.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Halichoeres

The assembly reminds me a lot of old school Yowies, except with the addition of paper elements. I imagine those will age poorly!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.