News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Leyster's Collection (updated 29/03/24)

Started by Leyster, February 27, 2021, 02:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyster

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian I remember saving pictures of PNSO Triceratops alongside the Vitae Sinoceratops from your thread when they were released!

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Uhm that's weird for sure, maybe sono previous notification you didn't check and that the system upped after some time? Idk
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Leyster

Binomial name: Meraxes gigas Canale, ApesteguĂ­a, Gallina, Mitchell, Smith, Cullen, Shinya, Haluza, Gianechini & Makovicky, 2022
Classification:Dinosauria->Theropoda->Neotheropoda->Averostra->Tetanurae->Carnosauria->Allosauroidea->Allosauria->Carcharodontosauria->Carcharodontosauridae->Carcharodontosaurinae->Giganotosaurini
Time: Cenomanian (Late Cretaceous)
Formation: Huincul Formation (present day Argentina)
Manifacturer and date of release: PNSO, 2023
Sculptor: somebody in the atelier of Zhao Chuang
Scale: 1:30

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Concavenator

This was a pleasant surprise, I wasn't expecting PNSO to come out with a Meraxes so soon. But well, glad they did! Certainly a relevant paleontological discovery.

BTW, what is that grey line sticking out of its left lower hindlimb?

Leyster

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator probably dust on the camera lens or just something like a small pebble in the space I use as light box.

Leyster

Binomial name: Ovibos moschatus(Zimmermann, 1780)
Classification: Placentalia->Boreoeutheria->Laurasiatheria->Scrotifera->Ferungulata->Paneuungulata->Ungulata->Artiodactyla->Artiofabula->Cetruminantia->Ruminantiamorpha->Ruminantia->Pecora->Bovidae->Aegodontia->Caprinae->Ovibovini
Time: Pleistocene - Recent
Formation: historycally much of the northern emisphere, but it went extinct in Eurasia more or less 500 years BC. Since then it was reintroduced in Norway and Russia.
Manifacturer and date of release: Kaiyodo, 2019
Sculptor: Shinobu Matsumura
Scale: 1:32 for an average specimen

Leyster

Binomial name: Mapusaurus roseae Coria and Currie, 2006
Classification:Dinosauria->Theropoda->Neotheropoda->Averostra->Tetanurae->Carnosauria->Allosauroidea->Allosauria->Carcharodontosauria->Carcharodontosauridae->Carcharodontosaurinae->Giganotosaurini
Time: Cenomanian (Late Cretaceous)
Formation: Huincul Formation (present day Argentina)
Manifacturer and date of release: PNSO, 2023
Scale: 1:30 for the largest specimen

Halichoeres

Definitely has the most interesting pose of the three!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Leyster

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres for sure, it has!

Binomial name: Ursus maritimus Phipps, 1774
Classification:Placentalia->Boreoeutheria->Laurasiatheria->Scrotifera->Ferungulata->Ferae->Carnivora->Caniformia->Canoidea->Arctoidea->Ursida->Ursoidea->Ursidae
Time: Chibanian? (Late Pleistocene)-Recent
Formation: north of Eurasia and North America, within the Arctic Circle.
Manifacturer and date of release: Kaiyodo, 2019
Sculptor: Shinobu Matsumura
Scale: 1:32 for a largeish female or a smallish male

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Lovely aquisitions, I am fond of those PNSO Carcharadontosaurians, and where did those Pleistocene megafaunal beauties come from?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Leyster

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx if yoy refer to the muskox, polar bear and such, they're Kaiyodo. From the Wild Rush line.

Chasmosaurus

Quote from: LeysterNow: why companies keep copypasting a Yangchuanosaurus head on an Allosaurus-like body? Because G. S. Paul, on his influential "Princeton field guide to Dinosaurs", likes lumping taxa. What he calls "adult Yangchuanosaurus" is in fact the holotype of Sinraptor hepingensis (ZDM 0024). If you own the book, you can check that the skeletal is the same that was figured in this illustration and labelled "Yangchuanosaurus hepingensis".
Sorry to ask a question on an old subject.
Does the Yangchuanosaurus from PNSO represent a Sinraptor rather than a Yangchuanosaurus?
Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

Leyster

avatar_Chasmosaurus @Chasmosaurus no, it's based on the skeletal of the "immature Yangchuanosaurus" in the same book, which is in fact specimen CV 00215, an actual Yangchuanosaurus. It's the "adult Yangchuanosaurus" that is ZDM 0024 ("Sinraptor" hepingensis). I know it can be confusing, it's because Paul's weird lumpings.

Binomial name: Kosmoceratops richardsoni Sampson et al., 2010
Classification: Dinosauria->Ornithischia->Genasauria->Neornithischia->Marginocephalia->Ceratopsia->Neoceratopsia->Coronosauria->Ceratopsoidea->Ceratopsidae->Chasmosaurinae
Time: Campanian (Late Cretaceous)
Formation:  Kaiparowits Formation (present-day USA)
Manifacturer and date of release: PNSO, 2016
Scale: 1:45

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I knew Kosmoeratops was a small Ceratopsid, but I didn't know it was that small. I thought that was 1:50-1:60 ish.

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Leyster

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx most ceratopsians are quite small, not bigger than a big cow. Triceratops and such are rare (and even among Triceratops, most specimens are still around six meters and not the nine meters behemots you might often read).

Binomial name: Equus quagga (Boddaert, 1785)
Classification: Placentalia->Boreoeutheria->Laurasiatheria->Scrotifera->Ferungulata->Paneuungulata->Ungulata->Perissodactyla->Hippomorpha->Equoidea->Equidae->Equinae->Equini->Equina
Time: Pleistocene-Recent
Formation: South and eastern Africa
Manifacturer and date of release: Kaiyodo, 2018
Sculptor: Naka Sugaya
Scale: 1:32 for a smallish specimen

SidB

Quote from: Leyster on July 09, 2023, 09:14:47 AMavatar_Chasmosaurus @Chasmosaurus no, it's based on the skeletal of the "immature Yangchuanosaurus" in the same book, which is in fact specimen CV 00215, an actual Yangchuanosaurus. It's the "adult Yangchuanosaurus" that is ZDM 0024 ("Sinraptor" hepingensis). I know it can be confusing, it's because Paul's weird lumpings.

Binomial name: Kosmoceratops richardsoni Sampson et al., 2010
Classification: Dinosauria->Ornithischia->Genasauria->Neornithischia->Marginocephalia->Ceratopsia->Neoceratopsia->Coronosauria->Ceratopsoidea->Ceratopsidae->Chasmosaurinae
Time: Campanian (Late Cretaceous)
Formation:  Kaiparowits Formation (present-day USA)
Manifacturer and date of release: PNSO, 2016
Scale: 1:45

Ah perfect, this little guy will fit into my ceratopsian collection shelf, she's not too small scale-wise. Didn't realize this - thanks L @Leyster.

Halichoeres

On the Kosmoceratops, I wager you get a different answer depending on what you measure!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

SidB

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 15, 2023, 10:24:04 PMOn the Kosmoceratops, I wager you get a different answer depending on what you measure!
Ah yes, the bane of the scale-game.

Leyster

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres: not in this case, I went by skull lenght from the description, but I found more or less 1:45 for the femur, too (femur lenght extrapolated using the scale bar of the skeletal in said description).

Halichoeres

Quote from: Leyster on July 16, 2023, 08:49:53 AMavatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres: not in this case, I went by skull lenght from the description, but I found more or less 1:45 for the femur, too (femur lenght extrapolated using the scale bar of the skeletal in said description).
Good to know! So many of their minis are a bit large in the noggin.

Leyster

Binomial name: Pachycephalosaurus wyomingensis Gilmore, 1931
Classification: Dinosauria->Ornithischia->Genasauria->Neornithischia->Marginocephalia->Pachycephalosauria
Time: Maastrichtian (Late Cretaceous)
Formation: Lance Formation, Hell Creek Formation (present-day USA)
Manifacturer and date of release: PNSO, 2021
Scale: 1:24 for AMNH 1695

Not the first Pachycephalosaurus I own, but the first to get in my collection. I'm still curious about that abstract about them having kangaroo-like poses...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: