News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Abobo's collection

Started by Abobo, March 21, 2021, 11:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Nice presentation. By the way those figures of fantastic creatures with human form what are they? They look like interesting figures.

Abobo

Thank you  Shonisaurus
the human figures are from the movie STARGATE (Egyptian Gods Anubis, Horus, Bastet and Set)

Duna

That's a very refined selection to display! :) Congrats!
I also like those gods figures very much.

Nimravus

Quote from: SidB on June 06, 2021, 10:55:12 PM
Very elegant indeed.
100% agreed! Very elegant display, although I would be a bit cautious when placing the potentially unstable figures so high, so they can fall and break! :-[

SidB

Quote from: Nimravus on June 07, 2021, 10:47:32 PM
Quote from: SidB on June 06, 2021, 10:55:12 PM
Very elegant indeed.
100% agreed! Very elegant display, although I would be a bit cautious when placing the potentially unstable figures so high, so they can fall and break! :-[
The thought has occurred! Been there, done it.

Abobo

thank you all for your kind comments:)
I used some sticky paste to prevent the accidents

SidB

Very good ... an ounce of prevention, as "they" say.

Halichoeres

That's a very nice display setup!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Abobo

12/09/2021 WORK IN PROGRESS : A little custom I made on my PAPO Spinosaurus : bipedal position, change of the head position and a change of color, shelf soon to be officially completed (just waiting for the Buck T-Rex from Nanmu Studios)
Paint application not finished, I want to keep some of the original paint scheme with some touches of blue

Abobo

15/09/2021 Update :

Abobo

My theropods collection is now complete and on shelf :

my next and future shelf will be a similar model but for hadrosaurids (from PNSO, they are magnificent)

now for the living room :

I added some leds to my shelf containing my Velociraptor diorama and my T-Rex skull replica :

and finally my wood megalodon chasing a big wood merou fish on top of my fish tank :) :

done for now!

Lanthanotus

That is a very interesting shelf you got there, really enhances the figures. What are those human(oid)s? Stargate?

Abobo

thank you:)
yup the statues are from the movie Stargate.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Abobo @Abobo I like your shelves well organized and clean of theropods, you have clean and very nice shelves, it is a great luxury to have a house like this, that helps many DTF members as a lesson since at least in my case I have the shelves saturated with dinosaurs, that And the economic question is what has now made me more circumspect when it comes to spending dinosaurs. Thanks for sharing these fabulous photos.

That repainted spinosaurus is cool like all custom painted figures.

You have a very nice and well organized collection.

SidB

avatar_Abobo @Abobo , again, that's a wonderful arrangement and composition. But I'll hazard a guess that young children DON'T have access to this room!

Bread

Congratulations on the completion of the therapod shelf. I know that was one of your goals mentioned earlier in this thread, and it is wonderful to see it finished.

I really like your display! I'll be looking out for the update on the hadrosaur display area then!

Abobo

Thank you people :)

"But I'll hazard a guess that young children DON'T have access to this room!" : not young anymore and they are not interested at all in all of that :D

Abobo

lights added to the main collection :

BlueKrono

avatar_Abobo @Abobo Are those Egyptian gods off to the left?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Pliosaurking

avatar_Abobo @Abobo nice collection!
It's also a very great way to display it!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: