News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Abobo's collection

Started by Abobo, March 21, 2021, 11:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abobo

Starting with a little diorama I made using 4 JP inspired velociraptors by REBOR (Pete, Alex, Wilson and Gunn) and the magnificent Pentaceratops by PAPO :

"The ambush"

by Sunset :

by day :

The shelf, guarded by Jean-Pierre, my T-Rex skull replica :

22/03/2021 Update :

My beloved Megalosaurus from Starlux (the poor guy lost his hands) :

Some books I kept, deeply attached to (especially the STOUT and the BAKKER) :

I just found an old picture of a part of my Dino-riders collection, I remember this diorama, oh the memories :

And voilà! : all the remaining figures I have for now (As I said earlier : I juste began my collection) :

PNSO : Qianzhousaurus & Yangchuanosaurus / Chungkingosaurus Diorama
REBOR : Dilophosaurus "Green day"
NANMU : Giganotosaurus & Tyrannosaurus Rex & Allosaurus & Ceratosaurus & Carnotaurus
PAPO : Spinosaurus

WELL, WELL, WELL, HELLO BREAKFAST! :

26/03/21 Update : latest arrivals :

all the figures will be exposed on this shelf (above my desk) :

Eocarcharia

I always love a good diorama. Cool T. rex skull too.

Libraraptor

Looks great.  I am looking forward to seeing more!

ceratopsian

Nice diorama! (And I'm intrigued by the helmet too.)

sauroid

awesome diorama and very nice collection. welcome to the DTF
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Abobo

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 22, 2021, 12:34:48 PM
Nice diorama! (And I'm intrigued by the helmet too.)

Hello thank you all for your interest, this is a roman cavalry helmet replica :

Just below is a Kabuki japanese samurai helmet replica :

First post updated :) , final update for now later in the day

Bread

Awesome displays and collection! Those helmets are quite nice and interesting, definitely something new to the forum (as far as I am aware of). Also welcome to the forum!

ceratopsian

Thank you. I thought it had to be a Roman parade helmet replica!

Duna

Welcome! I love your diorama. :)
By the way, I still have that green book, too! In Spanish. Like this https://iltuffatore.es/wp-content/uploads/09986.jpgIt was my first "serious" dinosaur book, with very nice ilustrations.

Abobo

thank you all people for the nice comments :)
first post updated with more pictures

Halichoeres

Welcome to the forum! I especially like your book collection :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Abobo

SidB

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 23, 2021, 06:27:31 PM
Welcome to the forum! I especially like your book collection :)
Interesting to see the William Stout book, one of the first in my library. Still on the shelf after all these years.

SenSx

I love the JP Rebor raptors, I wonder why no other companies like Nanmu or W-Dragon try to make theirs (even though other might argue that the market is alwready flowded with JP figures, but I'd say not on that level of quality).
They look fantastic on that diorama

belle collection !
Je n'ai malheureusement pas la place de faire un diorama, un jour peut-être...
Je crois que je possède un de ces livres...pas grand chose à se mettre sous la dent en français...

Abobo

thank you, merci beaucoup:)

Shonisaurus

avatar_Abobo @Abobo Welcome to the DTF! I don't know if I told you before. Nice collection of helmets that you have more interesting figures. I really like history and honestly those replicas of roman and samurai helmets are excellent.

Abobo

New exposition shelf fixed !   :))

SidB

Very elegant indeed. But I have a question ... do you have a display area for other figures, present or future, or will you rotate the displays on/off this area?

Abobo

Quote from: SidB on June 06, 2021, 10:55:12 PM
Very elegant indeed. But I have a question ... do you have a display area for other figures, present or future, or will you rotate the displays on/off this area?

thank you:)
I will use some other shelfs for another species (Hadrosaurs, ceratopsians..etc)

SidB

Quote from: Abobo on June 07, 2021, 12:13:22 AM
Quote from: SidB on June 06, 2021, 10:55:12 PM

thank you:)
I will use some other shelfs for another species (Hadrosaurs, ceratopsians..etc)
Look forward to your future displays.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: