News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What figure/figures should I get?

Started by Lynx, April 10, 2021, 01:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

I currently have 120ish dollars I have saved up for dinosaur figures, so the big question is, what should I get? There's a couple holy grails I would love to get (PNSO ceratosaurus, Battat Diplodocus, a few Kaiyodo rexes, etc) But I would rather buy cheaper figures that won't snatch my money away in one purchase. I mainly want to get REBOR figures, sauropods, raptors (preferably feathered), and spinosaurids. So any ideas on what to get?
An oversized house cat.

Carnoking

Oh these are fun. I mean I guess you can forget the Battat Diplodocus, because even if you found one for "cheap" it'd still probably eat up most of your budget. I'd recommend the Safari deinonychus and baryonyx to fulfill the spinosaurid/raptor desire, they're both great and pretty cheap. The new PNSO Spinosaurus is probably the best one out there at the moment (I don't much care for the GR toys offering), but it is a little on the smaller side and will still run you forty or so dollars. Heck, for about 10 bucks more, you can get the massive papo limited edition spino, but I don't find that one nearly as appealing. As far as sauropods go, if you were willing to just do one big purchase, I highly recommend the W-dragon giraffatitan. It's right around your budget, and with it recently being discontinued I think now is the time to buy.

BlueKrono

The Battat diplodocus is running more than twice that, but Kaiyodos are a great collectible if you're cool with the smaller size. Great detail, don't take up much shelf space, and usually pretty reasonably priced.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CityRaptor

Well, personally I never got into Battats. Yes, I tried, but currently I only keep the Dacentrurus. I also prefer my Carnegie Diplo ( the 2009 version ) over the Battat one.

Now Kaiydodos? Big fan of those. Enough to actually have some figures of prehistoric mammals. And I normally don't collect those. But those Kaiyodo figures are just that great!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stoneage

8)  I think if you want a big bang for the money, I'd go with Safari or Collecta.  Some really good figures go for under $10.  Figures like the Collecta Edaphosaurus, Borealopelta, Kamaysaurus, Mantellisaurus, Thylacinus, Bajadasaurus, and many more.  Safari the same thing.

Halichoeres

Kaiyodo, Safari, CollectA are great values. You can build up a sizeable collection on a moderate budget with those.

On the other hand, the Giraffatitan is a very imposing display piece and will probably be hard to hunt down now that W-Dragon has switched to making JW merch.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Lynx

An oversized house cat.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.