News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Custom question

Started by Hynerpeton, April 13, 2021, 01:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hynerpeton

Think I can buy a plush triceratops and turn it into a gorgonopsid? Or any other pre dino. Up to suggestions too.

https://www.dollartree.com/fuzzy-friends-dinosaur-stuffed-toys-85-in/292930
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Newt

I think with the amount of effort you'd need to put into modifying one of these, you might as well start from scratch. I made a plushy once, and I have approximately the same sewing skills as a three-years-dead persimmon stump. As Tommy Lasorda would say, "If I can do it, you can do it!"

Dusty Wren

I agree with avatar_Newt @Newt; it's probably better to start from scratch. Plus, I'm not sure the cheap fabric they use on those dollar store stuffies will hold up well to seam ripping and re-sewing.

This blog has some pretty good free patterns for stuffed animals, and they include lots of photos of the assembly process. I'm linking their pattern for a bull terrier; shouldn't be too hard to modify that into a gorgonopsid.
Check out my customs thread!

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.