News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Which figure should i get

Started by Stegotyranno420, May 20, 2021, 07:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Hi i wanted to know which figure I should get for my birthday (it's past my birthday but I still can wait )and which is the best option(will be updated as more info comes)

Mesozoic life Spinosaurus 1:35
    Pros:
1.Its a really good price for a resin quality(it's actually pvc)figure
2. It looks absolutely amazing, probably the best figure I have ever seen
3. Scientifically accurate
4. Probably will be on Amazon(hopefully prime and free shipping too)
   Cons:
1. Probably wont be on prime(hopefully it is, but I might get it even if it's not prime)

PNSO Acrocanthosaurus
    Pros:
1.Scientifically accurate
2. Very nice looking figure, with extensive detail
3. Very bulky
    Cons:
1. We haven't seen in hand reviews yet

PNSO Stegosaurus 2021
    Pros:
1.Scientifically accurate
2. Lovely sculpt
3. Very bulky
4.Comes with another mini figure
    Cons:
1.rather small for my tastes
2. A bit pricey

Gr Toys 1:35 Carcharodontosaurus
    Pros:
1.Amaingly painted and detailed
2. Large
3. Slim, yet muscular
4. scientifically accurate
     Cons:
1. Really expensive
2. Probably Wont be on amazon
3. 99%sure it wont be prime

PNSO Yang+Chung diorama
Pros:
1.Very aesthetically pleasing
2. Great price(for two +diorama)and prime.
3. Scientifically Accurate (?) please help me out with this , I want to make sure it's accurate enough
Cons:
1.May not be Scientifically accurate (shrink wrapping)
2. Quality might decrease

Lynx

Bottom line: Get the spino! Took a look at it and man- it's amazing! Would look better then any of the others. PNSO figures warp easily and are a bit underwhelming after a few days in my opinion.
An oversized house cat.

Stegotyranno420

Makes sense, updated the list tho

Bread

Both the PNSO's mentioned would be available on prime within a month or so after their initial release.
Also, the PNSO Carcharodontosaurus seems to be about $40 based on Dan's price so far. Followed by GR Toys being $80.

In my opinion, this is up to your decision. If it was up to me, I'd favor PNSO's Stegosaurus, a juvenile and adult set is quite nice to have.

Lynx

I would rather buy the REBOR stegos then the PNSO ones. I still stand with getting the spino, but the GR Toys figure is good in the future. IMO the spino is more worth it.
An oversized house cat.

Stegotyranno420

Yes, if it wasnt for the spinosaurus Amazon Prime Uncertainty , I would get it out of the others without asking

Lynx

I honestly don't recommend buying dinosaur figures off of Amazon. Usually they are more expensive and usually come scratched, broken, or warped.

For example my Winter Wilson had several leg scrapes and warped feat.
And BOTM figure came broken.
For all the figures on your list, I suggest buying them off Everything Dinosaur, big bad toystore, Dans Dinosaurs, and the actual Mesozoic Life website.
An oversized house cat.

stoneage

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Lynx @Lynx the thing is my father only allows amazon prime specifically for some reason. To be fair, lets say my figure comes broken, I can return it and get a new version for no additional cost. Kind of like insurance. Remember Prime=/= amazon.
S @stoneage  ok, but first i gotta win the lottery lol

Dinoguy2

Personally I'd go for the new Stegosaurus. It's much less likely than Spinosaurus to drastically change appearance again in the next few years  ;D
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Stegotyranno420

hahaha so true. But like for any dinosaur i will probably come up with a dumb excuse to make it somewhat accurate. I could get a chinasaur and say something like its a derived form of dinosaur if they never went extinct

GojiraGuy1954

Spinosaurus. Vote with your dollar so that PNSO's prices become reasonable again.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Stegotyranno420

Major update to the list. Thanks in advance

Bread

The PNSO Yangchuanosaurus & Chungkingosaurus diorama is a great diorama, but it is not accurate. Both have shrink wrapping, especially the Yangchuanosaurus who really needs a sandwich. Inaccurate, but overall a great set that holds two unique species never made often.

GR Toys Carcharodontosaurus. Although I don't collect these large therapods, the more I look at this beauty, the more I think about purchasing it. I'd say look at reviews for this one, or just pictures in general. That's what is getting me closer to purchasing it, although I am trying hard to just save up (money and space) for the BOTM Tyrannosaur line.

PNSO Stegosaurus Museum Line set kind of disappointed me a bit. Now its not a bad set whatsoever, but looking at size comparisons the Stegosaurus is quite small for its price. I'd say watch reviews for this one. I don't collect Stegosaurs, but it is a nice figure(s). The juvenile included is quite nice too, especially with that unique posture.

PNSO Carcharodontosaurus, another beautiful figure for this species. This is generally up to you and how much you like the genus in order to pick. This and GR Toy's version are beautiful. Again, I don't collect therapods like this, so it was a pass, but sometimes I do consider picking it up.

I have yet to read and watch reviews on the Mesozoic Life Spinosaurus, so I have no comments on it. Again, I'd say watch or read upon before deciding.

One con I see in all of these is the price. The question is what do YOU like most? What would you enjoy the most either ignoring or factoring in the price? Generally I go for my favorites, then considering price after. Not sure if this helps you out my friend, but if you have any questions let me know. I watch too many reviews lol.

Stegotyranno420

Ok, I am very unupdated with Mesozoic life but I do know of the big fail. Hopefully they are able to comeback. Any updates about what will be done to the Spinosaurus

How I am hoping my plan to go is the Mesozoic life Spinosaurus gets realeased around next month or more, or in another case is saved for next year, which will prove much more helpful for their Kickstarter, if they can have a longer time period to get to that goal
The new eofauna diplodocus is very tempting, I love the colors tho I was kind of hoping for different colors, but nonetheless this is a masterpiece figure, and it's actually bigger than my theropods. I was planning to get it off Amazon prime in either January when it releases or later on my next birthday

Stegotyranno420

I updated the list again. Funny how it's now closer to my 15th than to the 14th when I made this post originally.
I took off the eofauna diplodocus due to its relatively small size, for he was more lengthy than over-all massive
Added the upcoming PNSO acrocanthosaurus

Faelrin

If you're able to get things off of Aliexpress, the Acrocanthosaurus will be going on sale there next week ($34.39 + shipping), so that could be the cheapest of the bunch you currently have on your wishlist. Could be a while before the Mesozoic Life Spinosaurus is more widely available. Kickstarter ends next month, and it could take a while to be produced, and shipped.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Faelrin on May 17, 2022, 05:21:30 AMIf you're able to get things off of Aliexpress, the Acrocanthosaurus will be going on sale there next week ($34.39 + shipping), so that could be the cheapest of the bunch you currently have on your wishlist. Could be a while before the Mesozoic Life Spinosaurus is more widely available. Kickstarter ends next month, and it could take a while to be produced, and shipped.
I don't know, I heard some things about aliexpress from my friends, saying that they often arrive broken.
As for the MLS, it's one case I will buy it without prime, as the shipping is pretty cheap, and it is very rare and limited in relation to the others. I'd rather have a broken one than nothing

Faelrin

Sorry to hear they had bad experiences with it. I can understand why you are weary. I only used it one time last year when I ordered the PNSO Parasaurolophus and Lambeosaurus (without boxes, back when that option was available) and a bunch of the minis, and they thankfully arrived fine.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.