News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Rebor Scientifically Accurate Tyrannosaurus rex "Kiss” and “Tusk”

Started by GojiraGuy1954, June 14, 2021, 08:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohannesB

It's incredible how the dinosaur toy model marked has developed and grown over the last, say, ten years. Now that I also have PNSO, W-Dragon, Nanmu and others to choose from, this Rebor T. rex is 'just' kind of an alternative for me, but I would be absolutely sure to get it if it would be coming out, say for example, just after Rebor's "King T-Rex" (which I do have, and which I liked much more then, than now). But if this model proves what it promises to be, I am surely tempted.

SidB

Yes avatar_JohannesB @Archosaur 's comment gives another useful contextual anchoring point.

SRF

Some new images of the head sculpt.

Not saying much yet for the final result, but at least they use the shape of a T.  Rex skull.
But today, I'm just being father

Kapitaenosavrvs

avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO Do you already have a plan on the integument of the main Body of your T. rex? The huge Discussion on that on the e.g. new PNSO Wilson left some scars :D

JohannesB

I don't mind relatively big scales, as long as they are proportionate and with realistic variation in size (like in 'Wilson 2.0'), but I hope they make them as small as possible.

P.S. I am not certain I like those lips, but that is a whole other discussion (in which I am more on the lipless side, at the moment, I guess) ;D

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Archosaur on June 19, 2021, 03:48:24 PM
I don't mind relatively big scales, as long as they are proportionate (like in 'Wilson 2.0'), but I hope they make them as small as possible.

P.S. I am not certain I like those lips, but that is a whole other discussion (in which I am more on the lipless side, at the moment, I guess) ;D

It is not that important to me aswell :). It really depends. Or let's say, not tiny scales would not hinder me from wanting it, if the Figure as a whole says yes to me. I really like the Lips on a T. rex and since we have A LOT of Tyrannosaur Figures without proper Lips / Lips on fully articulated jaws, i am looking forward to it. I can't say if there is a Side i am on. I think it is hard to believe, that in this amount of Time and with this amount of (known) Animals, all Theropods had lips or no lips. I do not think that it would be that simple. But i am getting slowly back to liking lipless Theropods again, too. There was a Time where i was straight Pro-Lipped. Feels stupid afterwards.

But back to Topic.
Looks very promising to me.

SRF

If this one gets lips then it would be a reason for me to purchase it. It wouldn't necessarily mean that I like it better than Winter Wilson, but it would be nice to have something different next to him on the shelf.

Rain

REBOR have specified that the integument will be similar to their GNG rexes, here's the image they shared as reference.

SidB

I wonder if that means just on the head, or would the high level of detail be carried over/ through the entire body?

Thialfi

Daaaamn she looks hot. Can't wait to see more! The only T Rex I have in my collection is the Safari feathered one, she could definitely use a partner in crime..

Rain

JohannesB

Looks very rigorous in their quest for accuracy (though I don't know much more about anatomy of muscles and their attachment to the bones than your average person). Still I somehow feel it will be a tough job to equal the beauty and accuracy of a few other very lifelike Tyrannosaur figures that have come out lately (I don't have to mention names here, I suppose), but I would really like it if it did happen.

Shadowknight1

I won't pretend to be up to date on T. rex integument as it seems to shift every month or two.  Scales one day, feathers the next, it seems like no one can find 100% conclusive proof either way.  But.  I think this might still be typically overtextured?  Experts weigh in, because I'm not sure.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

SRF

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on June 24, 2021, 05:27:17 AM
I won't pretend to be up to date on T. rex integument as it seems to shift every month or two.  Scales one day, feathers the next, it seems like no one can find 100% conclusive proof either way.  But.  I think this might still be typically overtextured?  Experts weigh in, because I'm not sure.

Compared to PNSO's theropods, it seems to be more in the same style as their T. Rex than their Tarbosaurus. I don't mind that though, since I can appreciate both styles. The fact that this one gets lips and probably multiple color schemes to choose from makes it an interesting prospect.

Faelrin

Oversized scales disappointingly, and possibly over textured as well, but at least they are trying to recreate the shapes even if they are ignoring the size information that's even on some of the images. And granted not like we've the seen the potential colorations yet so it could still be appealing. At least it has lips. I am also still wondering what scale this will be in. The BoTM will have one in 1/35 scale and has been masterfully done, particularly regarding the skin detail, but I understand the nature of it being an action figure first and foremost may turn folks off of it.

I also wonder which of these two will hit production first, if Safari Ltd, PNSO, etc doesn't surprise us with one first.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

This guy is looking great. Maybe the scales can be smaller and or smoother. I hope the jaw is articulated, but then many will be said about that too

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Faelrin on June 24, 2021, 02:09:51 PM
Oversized scales disappointingly, and possibly over textured as well, but at least they are trying to recreate the shapes even if they are ignoring the size information that's even on some of the images. And granted not like we've the seen the potential colorations yet so it could still be appealing. At least it has lips. I am also still wondering what scale this will be in. The BoTM will have one in 1/35 scale and has been masterfully done, particularly regarding the skin detail, but I understand the nature of it being an action figure first and foremost may turn folks off of it.

I also wonder which of these two will hit production first, if Safari Ltd, PNSO, etc doesn't surprise us with one first.
If the scales were all closer to how the upper thigh looks, I think it'd look better probably.  I suggested as much to Rebor, but we'll see.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

SRF

Bread

A little more meat on Kiss' bones would be great. Correct me if I am wrong but should we not be able to see its ribs?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on June 30, 2021, 12:09:48 PM
A little more meat on Kiss' bones would be great. Correct me if I am wrong but should we not be able to see its ribs?

Could be like a muscle builder? Lean and mean? Or like the Sabretooth cat, it may have fluff covering it? idk just guessing.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: