You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

70% of Skeleton Intact in Chinese Dinosaur Find

Started by brontosauruschuck, June 17, 2021, 02:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontosauruschuck

Psittacoraptor

Eh, does this look fake to anyone else? The sediment looks more like clay soil than rock to me.

andrewsaurus rex

It does look like a dig out of Jurassic Park but I think it's ligit.   Lufengosaurus, found in May of this year.  It has its own Wikipedia article so it has to be true, right?  :)

edit, forgot the link:       https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lufengosaurus

ceratopsian

The texture of the rock is very similar in the exposed bone bed at the Lufeng Dinosaur Museum in Yunnan, albeit a lot more red:

A snap of Chuanjiesaurus, mingled with bones of a carnivore.

Psittacoraptor

I do hope it's real. The source in that Wikipedia article is dubious, and I can't find a scientific journal that has reported this find. But these things take time, I guess we'll just have to wait.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.