You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Which Carnotaurus should I replace my PNSO with?

Started by Gothmog the Baryonyx, June 23, 2021, 09:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I have gone off the PNSO Carnotaurus, and plan to replace it, but I can't decide which one to do so. Despite there being about 70 Carnotaurus on the market apparently, most are either too big, too ugly, too Jurassic Parky, too Schleichy etc.
I don't want to do the Papo because I just replaced that with the PNSO and whilst I do like it apart from the pose and one of its arms. then there's the Battat but it's not my favourite, only marginally better than the Ceratosaurus and Stegosaurus which I won't touch with a ten foot barge pole. And all the other nice ones are too big. I still have the Safari which is the nicest, but looking for a ambler one. I wish CollectA did a smaller one like they did with Baryonyx and Mapusaurus, which is something I never thought I'd say.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Mellow Stego

Keep calm and love dinosaurs

SidB

Quote from: Mellow Stego on June 25, 2021, 02:52:22 AM
http://dinotoyblog.com/2011/06/23/carnotaurus-2011-versioncarnegie-collection-by-safari-ltd/

The Carnegie colloection carno is pretty cool.
Yes it certainly is, a work of art really, one of Forest Rogers top sculpts. It displays well with Watson's figure.

Halichoeres

The Safari one and maybe the most recent Kaiyodo are the best IMO, but if you want something closer to 1:40, Papo and Battat are probably your best options.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'm keeping the Safari one now, as despite the scale, it looks the most like a real animal, but I think I agree avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres it will have to be the Battat or Papo for my main board. I was just ordering some PNSO minis from ED earlier as they've been discontinued and decided to check whether the Papo or Battat are in stock, and neither are. So I will have a look round and grab one or the other when I get chance. Either will do.

Thanks all.

Oh and the problem with the Carnegie, beside scale, is that it's not so easy to get hold of, at least here. Maybe if I still had the Carnegie Spinosaurus, I could have tried a trade, but alas, I used that to sell a load of other things.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.