You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Statement about Defame and Rumors by REBOR‘s

Started by SH Factory, July 07, 2021, 10:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REBOR_STUDIO

"At the same time, we also felt that using the name of a British brand would better sell products to Chinese people."

Just saw this part and couldn't understand the logic here, riddle me this-aren't all those Chinese brands currently doing much better than us in China? PNSO? Nanmu? Wdragon? We are almost kicked out by bootleggers for God sake. Plus all collectors know that Chinese brands make the best Transformers and 1/6 scale figures in the world so what's even the point?

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Dusty Wren on July 08, 2021, 02:10:12 PM
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on July 08, 2021, 12:42:24 PM
I mean really? Thought you guys praised Nanmu's figures and hated our "overtextured" style. We didn't know how to use Zbrush just like we didn't know how to make figures and had to figure out everything ourselves through trial and error which is why our earlier digital sculpts all had prominent large scales. Nanmu guys are CG experts from the get go.

What does this have to do with the issue at hand? SH Factory started this thread to respond to comments you made about your business dealings with them.

It's great to have companies on the DTF who are willing to talk about upcoming releases and answer questions about pricing/availability/design decisions, etc. I appreciate all the companies and individual artists who take the time to do that for us. But I'm not sure why you decided this was the place to air your grievances about your business partners. Mellow Stego's right, this isn't the right venue for that.

Cus they claimed that REBOR is owned by a Chinese guy who also happened to own Nanmu and many other brands? Read our comments again please, it makes zero sense whatsoever.

SH Factory can lie brazenly here yet we can't point out their obvious loopholes?

Mattyonyx

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on July 08, 2021, 02:27:37 PM
"At the same time, we also felt that using the name of a British brand would better sell products to Chinese people."

Just saw this part and couldn't understand the logic here, riddle me this-aren't all those Chinese brands currently doing much better than us in China? PNSO? Nanmu? Wdragon?
Back in the day, there weren't as many Chinese brands as today and when we thought of Chinasaurs we hadn't exactly PNSO or W-Dragon in mind, so it's not that out of reality, and nothing to blame for, actually.

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on July 08, 2021, 02:43:29 PM
Cus they claimed that REBOR is owned by a Chinese guy who also happened to own Nanmu and many other brands? Read our comments again please, it makes zero sense whatsoever.

SH Factory can lie brazenly here yet we can't point out their obvious loopholes?
Why do you think they're sending a notification letter to the wrong guy?

Leyster

Quote from: Leyster on July 08, 2021, 08:08:23 AM
Quote from: Mellow Stego on July 08, 2021, 06:29:07 AM
This really doesn't seem the type of thing that should be dealt with on a forum.
Then maybe Rebor shouldn't have started it making its statements. The factory is simply defending itself.

We simply shared what happened to warn the others, don't think fabricating a bunch of nonsense counts as defending itself.
As avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren said, they are sharing their version on what happened, too. I think they have this right, haven't they?

Well, you have to admit they provided some actual proof about what they're saying. All I've seen from you, in this thread, is a brief answer without proofs (like, I can say that I own Safari too, that doesn't make it true). And, without being disprectful, considering your past in the forum and what's written in that Tieba Baidu thread too, it's becoming a bit difficult to believe you.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Mattyonyx on July 08, 2021, 03:08:55 PM

Just saw this part and couldn't understand the logic here, riddle me this-aren't all those Chinese brands currently doing much better than us in China? PNSO? Nanmu? Wdragon?
Back in the day, there weren't as many Chinese brands as today and when we thought of Chinasaurs we hadn't exactly PNSO or W-Dragon in mind, so it's not that out of reality, and nothing to blame for, actually.

The term Chinasaurus specifically means bootleg figures and they are still what they are. PNSO, Nanmu and Wdragon however are classified as independent studios and their products are great.

Why do you think they're sending a notification letter to the wrong guy?

It's for show or bluffing presumably, if they are dealing with a Chinese company then why bother to write in broken English? If it's for us then they can just drop us an email instead of posting on the forum.

We have a theory though: like we mentioned those images are some legal documents regiseterd by Chinese REBOR sellers and possibly the only REBOR related stuff they could find so they added those parts to their story-they are trying to drag more non-related people into this to confuse you guys. But that still doesn't change the fact that they lied to Dino Hazard, once a liar always a liar. Hope they are enjoying that burning sensation in their crotch areas. ;D

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Leyster on July 08, 2021, 03:15:40 PM
Quote from: Leyster on July 08, 2021, 08:08:23 AM
Quote from: Mellow Stego on July 08, 2021, 06:29:07 AM
This really doesn't seem the type of thing that should be dealt with on a forum.
Then maybe Rebor shouldn't have started it making its statements. The factory is simply defending itself.

We simply shared what happened to warn the others, don't think fabricating a bunch of nonsense counts as defending itself.
As avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren said, they are sharing their version on what happened, too. I think they have this right, haven't they?

Well, you have to admit they provided some actual proof about what they're saying. All I've seen from you, in this thread, is a brief answer without proofs (like, I can say that I own Safari too, that doesn't make it true). And, without being disprectful, considering your past in the forum and what's written in that Tieba Baidu thread too, it's becoming a bit difficult to believe you.

Lol we don't need to prove anything, go ask our UK distributor Everything Dinosaur, both of us are VAT registered UK companies, they pay their VAT to us and we pay ours to HMRC so that they can reclaim theirs back from them, that's how it works here in the UK.

Our past? We still don't like feathered dinosaurs you know, if that makes us a villain worse than a bootlegger then so be it ;)

Faras

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on July 08, 2021, 01:36:12 AM
REBOR was registered with Companies House back in July 2013 in Bermondsey, London and our trademark was registered with Intellectual Property Office, we pay our VAT, NIC and tax to HMRC and our pension to NEST.

Registering brands in other countries (and often under names of said countries' citizens) to disguise them as American/European is common practice in China, especially when Chinese companies have yet to change the prejudice against Chinese products. In 2013 few knew about PNSO, Nanmu and W-dragon didn't exist.

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on July 08, 2021, 01:36:12 AMIf we indeed had partners in China then shouldn't we just call the local police instead of paying the ransom for our moulds?

So you are claiming Rebor doesn't have "partner" in China? Interesting, I wonder why Rebor's latest product has identical teeth as Nanmu's Giga which afaik isn't seen in any other brands.

I mean really? Thought you guys praised Nanmu's figures and hated our "overtextured" style. We didn't know how to use Zbrush just like we didn't know how to make figures and had to figure out everything ourselves through trial and error which is why our earlier digital sculpts all had prominent large scales. Nanmu guys are CG experts from the get go.

Nanmu started when Rebor has already released bunch of figures. And for those wondering why a company would register another brand three years later: with no copyright, one cannot use a British brand to release figures which stay true to original movie designs without getting into serious legal troubles. A Chinese brand helps evade lawsuits.

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on July 08, 2021, 12:42:24 PMRemember that we have also been shipping our samples from London to China and the prototype sculpt of our first Carnotaurus figure was damanged because of it, you'd know if you've been on this forum for long enough.

That doesn't prove Rebor is British, Chinese can make samples in London, just like Chinese can register brands in UK.

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on July 08, 2021, 04:10:28 PM
Lol we don't need to prove anything, go ask our UK distributor Everything Dinosaur, both of us are VAT registered UK companies, they pay their VAT to us and we pay ours to HMRC so that they can reclaim theirs back from them, that's how it works here in the UK.

You are evading the question. We all know Rebor is first registered in UK, problem is by whom? Does a brand registered in UK count as British when it's owned by Chinese, or when it's registered under a British's name per request of Chinese?

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on July 08, 2021, 03:58:04 PM
It's for show or bluffing presumably, if they are dealing with a Chinese company then why bother to write in broken English? If it's for us then they can just drop us an email instead of posting on the forum.

Because you start a show by slander them in this forum? Are you expecting that you can badmouth others without them fighting back, or are you thinking that staffs of Chinese companies never read English forums?

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on July 08, 2021, 03:58:04 PMWe have a theory though: like we mentioned those images are some legal documents registered by Chinese REBOR sellers and possibly the only REBOR related stuff they could find so they added those parts to their story-they are trying to drag more non-related people into this to confuse you guys. But that still doesn't change the fact that they lied to Dino Hazard, once a liar always a liar. Hope they are enjoying that burning sensation in their crotch areas. ;D

And this seller happens to own a big toy factory in Wuhan plus Nanmu brand, what a coincidence. At least SH factory provided legal documents. You might as well post yours, prove them wrong and end this discussion. All I see so far are claims without proof.

Regarding Dino Hazard, this is response from Hugo Cafasso, the designer of Irritatot challengeri and owner of Yvy Figure:

Our manufacturer in China did not bootleggeed the figure. What has happened in fact was that the factory sold a small amount of unreported production surplus to an agent reseller in China for domestic sales instead of destroying them.

At first I was very worried because I didn't knew exactly what was happening, and out communication was troubled by language barrier. But mr. Chung Tat has helped mediating the conversation between us and now everything is resolved. The factory has compensated us for the trouble and is being very supportive and proactive. Everything is settled between us.

I hope I made the situation clear, but I can clarify and doubts of the community.

Thank you very much for your concerns and support, pal!

All in all few cares whether you are British or Chinese, or how you deal with bootleggers so long you are releasing quality new figures instead of posting slanders without proof on a forum which is NOT here for your business drama.

Libraraptor

I hope I speak for the majority of the members here that public mud wrestlig threads like this put members off enjoying their stay here.  S @SH Factory and avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO ,Please relocate this discussion to Emails or PM and stop discommoding us with issues like these. Thread locked. Thank you.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.