You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Statement about Defame and Rumors by REBOR‘s

Started by SH Factory, July 07, 2021, 10:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SH Factory

First of all, We're sorry to mess up everyone to make a statement here.
This account is a company that run a factory to produces toys in Guangdong, China.
In the past, it produced dinosaurs and animal toys, as well as developed brands.
Our company's full name is Dongguan Shihu Industrial Co., Ltd
The person in charge of factory is Zheng Xiao Quan
Let's briefly introduce the reason and background of this posting, and we will tell more about the  background detailed of Zheng and in the days to come.

In 2014, Zheng founded REBOR with two other Chinese, Xie Wei and Chen Yan, and then discontinued the cooperation in 2015.
Zheng established EDAGE and VITAE with different partners in 2017.
EDAGE has now stopped developing products, but VITAE still has design and development.
In last month, someone informed us that the account REBOR_STUDIO was discredit us in this forum.
The account base on we mishandled the remaining breaches of YVY, Dino Hazard's Irritator, to took the opportunity to attack us.
And even publicly called for boycotted the factory and our brand.
At the same time, maliciously discrediting the personal morality of Zheng. It is already a personal attack.

Our company and our partners felt that the situation was serious and must be dealt with seriously.

Since it is not easy to express opinions in foreign forums in English, we also spent some time and luckily got support from many people.
Finally we were able to express our declaration in English here.
At the same time, it was unexpectedly discovered that in the past few years, we had been spread rumors and smeared by suspected hostile brands in overseas.
Which has let our brands management difficult.

Things always need more transparency.
In the future, we will disclose more information to all so that consumers and retail agents can understand the importance of credit and integrity.

Here, we apologizes for improper handling of YVY Dino Hazard's products.

Then, we must question the REBOR_STUDIO account. Are you a fake brand account or an official brand account?
Who is in charge? After all, we need to be responsible for ours speech.

The tit-for-tat scolding war, we leave the reply to continue.

We have to publish a Notification-letter and translated it into English through a lawyer consultant, here is an announcement.

SH Factory

You may be curious, why we sent a warning to Wuhan Ruiyi Yaoyang Cultural Development Co., Ltd.
Because, as far as we know, the REBOR brand has been a Chinese fake British brand since 2014.

We're sorry here again, because the proposer was by Zheng Xiao Quan...
Back to that day, we asked Xie Wei (one of the partners) who went to study in London to register a company in the UK to facilitate overseas operations.
At the same time, we also felt that using the name of a British brand would better sell products to Chinese people.

After graduation, Xie Wei stayed in the UK most of the time. It is said that he may officially become a British citizen this year.
But before this year, REBORr's affiliated companies in the UK had never been operated by British citizens, but by Chinese citizens.

This is REBOR's registration information in China.

Wuhan Ruiyi Yaoyang Cultural Development Co., Ltd.
The person in charge is Chen Yan, who runs another dinosaur toy brand NANMU on his own.

Sorry that the text is in Chinese words.
But it should be able to be translated through the Google Translate app or software to let everyone confirm the content.

Takama

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stargatedalek

I was initially wondering why REBOR would possibly care about what look like overreaching Chinese libel laws, but apparently REBOR is a Chinese company?

At least CollectA was operating out of Hong Kong, being operated by English and Hong Kong citizens, when they claimed to be an English company.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: suspsy on July 07, 2021, 10:47:09 PM
avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO, you should probably read this.

Lol wut? Whatever he's smoking we want some O:-)

We confirm none of those statements are true, REBOR was registered with Companies House back in July 2013 in Bermondsey, London and our trademark was registered with Intellectual Property Office, we pay our VAT, NIC and tax to HMRC and our pension to NEST. We started placing orders with a Hong Kong based agent called Lovable Toys in February 2014 then Zheng came to us, told us that he's the owner of one of their factories and offered us 19% discount in exchange of receiving direct orders from us so we foolishly agreed - our bad. If we indeed had partners in China then shouldn't we just call the local police instead of paying the ransom for our moulds?

Don't know what those images are but the dates are all between 2016-2018 aren't they? Who's illegally selling Dino Hazard's Irritator figures on Aliexpress and was being "evasive" by the way?

You might as well claim that we are all champions of Khorne and can turn into raptor Jesus under a blood moon, a much better story than yours isn't it S @SH Factory  >:D

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 08, 2021, 12:38:06 AM
I was initially wondering why REBOR would possibly care about what look like overreaching Chinese libel laws, but apparently REBOR is a Chinese company?

At least CollectA was operating out of Hong Kong, being operated by English and Hong Kong citizens, when they claimed to be an English company.

If we were a Chinese company then we'd have already found those bootleggers by now, noticed that there's no knockoff PNSO, Nanmu or Wdragon figures? Yeah.

Mattyonyx

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on July 08, 2021, 01:44:28 AM

If we were a Chinese company then we'd have already found those bootleggers by now, noticed that there's no knockoff PNSO, Nanmu or Wdragon figures? Yeah.

Actually, there are bootlegs of some models from the aforementioned companies.There's even a Berserker rex with added quills...

Mellow Stego

This really doesn't seem the type of thing that should be dealt with on a forum.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Leyster

Quote from: Mellow Stego on July 08, 2021, 06:29:07 AM
This really doesn't seem the type of thing that should be dealt with on a forum.
Then maybe Rebor shouldn't have started it making its statements. The factory is simply defending itself.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Mattyonyx

I think it can't be overlooked, because it concerns the way the forum itself has been used. In the meantime, on a Facebook post I commented, a Chinese user shared some deeper insights and a Baidu thread, which highlight what seems to be suspicious behaviour by Rebor's owners, from what I understood. Maybe users which understand chinese, like avatar_acro-man @acro-man V @vampiredesign or avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy might give us a clearer view of what's said.

Libraraptor

I totally agree. We´ll discuss this in our staff room and decide what we make of this.

vampiredesign

:)We all have the same hobby, like Paleontology and dinosaur models. At present, domestic brands are trying to optimize their products. I don't pay much attention to these things directly related to brands. Business is also the same. We are thinking about how to make new products and more excellent products.

suspsy

Not gonna lie, I am admittedly curious to see what comes next.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Leyster on July 08, 2021, 08:08:23 AM
Then maybe Rebor shouldn't have started it making its statements. The factory is simply defending itself.

We simply shared what happened to warn the others, don't think fabricating a bunch of nonsense counts as defending itself.

I mean really? Thought you guys praised Nanmu's figures and hated our "overtextured" style. We didn't know how to use Zbrush just like we didn't know how to make figures and had to figure out everything ourselves through trial and error which is why our earlier digital sculpts all had prominent large scales. Nanmu guys are CG experts from the get go.

Remember that we have also been shipping our samples from London to China and the prototype sculpt of our first Carnotaurus figure was damanged because of it, you'd know if you've been on this forum for long enough.

Just checked-that's not a demand letter, the stamp literally says "Dongguan Shihu Industrial Co. Ltd" LOL! And the rest are just some legal documents registered by Chinese sellers to prevent bootleggers from using our logo in China  >:D

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: suspsy on July 08, 2021, 11:55:07 AM
Not gonna lie, I am admittedly curious to see what comes next.

We gonna troll them around-REBOR style, please stay and enjoy the show >:D

SidB

The only PNSO knockoff that I can recollect was/is the version 1 Spinosaurus in "1/35" scale, which certainly appears to have been an anomaly.

Mattyonyx

Quote from: SidB on July 08, 2021, 01:06:49 PM

The only PNSO knockoff that I can recollect was/is the version 1 Spinosaurus in "1/35" scale, which certainly appears to have been an anomaly.

The Megalodon and many of the minis have been bootlegged as well.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Mattyonyx on July 08, 2021, 01:13:32 PM
Quote from: SidB on July 08, 2021, 01:06:49 PM

The Megalodon and many of the minis have been bootlegged as well.

We stand corrected but still. It's much harder for us to chase down those bootleggers due to language barrier.

Dusty Wren

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on July 08, 2021, 12:42:24 PM
I mean really? Thought you guys praised Nanmu's figures and hated our "overtextured" style. We didn't know how to use Zbrush just like we didn't know how to make figures and had to figure out everything ourselves through trial and error which is why our earlier digital sculpts all had prominent large scales. Nanmu guys are CG experts from the get go.

What does this have to do with the issue at hand? SH Factory started this thread to respond to comments you made about your business dealings with them.

It's great to have companies on the DTF who are willing to talk about upcoming releases and answer questions about pricing/availability/design decisions, etc. I appreciate all the companies and individual artists who take the time to do that for us. But I'm not sure why you decided this was the place to air your grievances about your business partners. Mellow Stego's right, this isn't the right venue for that.
Check out my customs thread!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: