News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What figures would you want to change their pose/posture?

Started by Bread, September 25, 2021, 06:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Recently been going through my list of figures I've been wanting to acquire. However, some of them have been removed due to their pose/posture. This led me to the thought of the numerous figures I would ultimately buy if their pose/posture would change. Here is my list:

-CollectA Diplodocus (Grey), From a rearing
pose to a walking pose.
-Papo Giganotosaurus, pretty obvious O:-)
-PNSO Yutyrannus, From a crouching pose to a walking pose.

I couldn't find a thread like this. If there happens to be one long ago, my apologies.

Ravonium

Good idea for a topic; I don't think I've seen a similar one before, granted I haven't been a member here as long as many others have been.

Anyway, to answer your question, the Papo Chilesaurus; it's a genus I was looking forward to someone making, and an ambitious choice of one for Papo, but the pose alone (everything else about the figure is fairly good) has too many issues for me to consider getting it.

Gwangi

suspsy

I'd like the Safari Citipati and Deinocheirus to be more stable.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Quote from: Gwangi on September 25, 2021, 11:13:26 PM
The PNSO Yutyrannus is the first to come to mind.
The pose is the only reason why I never picked it up. And if I am being honest, I keep going back and forth with this figure. Some photos angles grab my attention and others just push me away.

Another few I'd like to add:
-Rebor Utahraptor, I really like this figure and the idea of the pose; however, the long term affect of the figure's plastic slowly leaning down was its downfall...
-All therapod figures with no articulated jaws roaring. This may just be a preference in my collection. I try to now avoid collecting any static therapod with its mouth wide open with  no articulated jaw. Cinema/movie monsters get this pass, although I don't own any that don't feature an articulated jaw.

Shonisaurus

I would like the PNSO yangchuanosaurus to stand up properly. That figure deserves more stable feet. It's too pretty to be glued-on half invalid on the shelves at least in my case.

In general, I would like the theropods of Collecta, Papo, Schleich, Nanmu, W-Dragon or PNSO to give several examples, did not have articulated jaws.

SRF

Not that I want to change her posture but I would change the leg position of PNSO's female T. Rex. And since the articulated jaw isn't very useful unless you put her on a base or something, I would lift her head a bit as well.

This didn't stop me from purchasing her though and I'm quite fond of this figure how it is. It just isn't perfect.

Funny how opinions on figures can differ so much. I actually really like the pose of PNSO's Yutyrannus, when it comes to the poses, it's actually one of my favorites.
But today, I'm just being father

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SRF on September 27, 2021, 07:17:09 AM

Funny how opinions on figures can differ so much. I actually really like the pose of PNSO's Yutyrannus, when it comes to the poses, it's actually one of my favorites.

Yes, the position of the yutyrannus is very attractive but in my case this figure does not stand correctly. You need glue support.

SRF

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 27, 2021, 11:36:26 AM

Yes, the position of the yutyrannus is very attractive but in my case this figure does not stand correctly. You need glue support.

Mine doesn't. It's one of the mor stable theropod figures from PNSO actually. The Allosaurus and Torvosaurus have much more stability issues. 
But today, I'm just being father

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SRF on September 27, 2021, 12:36:04 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 27, 2021, 11:36:26 AM

Mine doesn't. It's one of the mor stable theropod figures from PNSO actually. The Allosaurus and Torvosaurus have much more stability issues.

Lucky you! Mine doesn't hold up. Regarding the allosaurus and torvosaurus I cannot comment since I do not have them for now.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: suspsy on September 26, 2021, 01:33:46 AM
how much more stable can yhe Citipati be? Its already one of the most stable bipedal I have.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

ceratopsian

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx - my Citipati has never stood up, not even for the first five minutes of its life in my collection!

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on September 27, 2021, 01:33:13 PM
how much more stable can yhe Citipati be? Its already one of the most stable bipedal I have.

DragonRider02

my Citipati used to stand perfectly when I got it, but over time it just started falling over and now it doesn't stand at all. Same with Safari Deinonychus.

GojiraGuy1954

Honestly I just overall dislike the Citipati
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Bread

I figured most of these picks would be bipedal figures. I know having stable figures is a primary goal for some collectors.

avatar_SRF @SRF completely agree about PNSO's Andrea.

Duck

He who dwells in pond

SidB

Quote from: Ravonium on September 25, 2021, 09:35:41 PM
Good idea for a topic; I don't think I've seen a similar one before, granted I haven't been a member here as long as many others have been.

Anyway, to answer your question, the Papo Chilesaurus; it's a genus I was looking forward to someone making, and an ambitious choice of one for Papo, but the pose alone (everything else about the figure is fairly good) has too many issues for me to consider getting it.
The same issues initially turned me off this figure too, but I finally succumbed and bought one, then repositioned the left manus, so that it was no longer pronated ( see my repaint thread, if interested). That, in combination with strategically placing it in one of my dioramas, has allowed me to appreciate the sculpt for its strengths.

Shonisaurus

I wish Papo's ceratosaurus had a full bipedal posture. It's nice but I would like a more classic posture.

On the other hand, I would like Papo's ankylosaurus to have a posture, especially the tail, more in line with my dinosaurian beliefs. It looks more like a scorpion to a dinosaur. It is very nice but I would like the mallet and the tail to be positioned horizontally.

Gwangi

Mine refuses to stand, even after giving it the hot water treatment is just warps and falls over again. It's one of the most frustrating figures in my entire collection. It doesn't even want to lean on another figure.

Duck

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 28, 2021, 10:26:24 AM
I wish Papo's ceratosaurus had a full bipedal posture. It's nice but I would like a more classic posture.

On the other hand, I would like Papo's ankylosaurus to have a posture, especially the tail, more in line with my dinosaurian beliefs. It looks more like a scorpion to a dinosaur. It is very nice but I would like the mallet and the tail to be positioned horizontally.

Much agreed.
He who dwells in pond

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: