News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What figures would you want to change their pose/posture?

Started by Bread, September 25, 2021, 06:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 28, 2021, 10:26:24 AM
I wish Papo's ceratosaurus had a full bipedal posture. It's nice but I would like a more classic posture.
I think Rebor's is a good alternative if you can find one. The only issue is the warping of the legs which some people have issues and others don't. So its basically a 50/50 risk.
I am trying to find this figure and the Acrocanthosaurus, but prices are ridiculous...

Although this is not a complete figure and has yet to even be painted, Nanmu's Parasaurolophus in its running pose. I just don't like when a figure is fixed to its base. Maybe my feelings on this figure will change when colors are applied.

SidB

I wish Papo's ceratosaurus had a full bipedal posture. It's nice but I would like a more classic posture.

On the other hand, I would like Papo's ankylosaurus to have a posture, especially the tail, more in line with my dinosaurian beliefs. It looks more like a scorpion to a dinosaur. It is very nice but I would like the mallet and the tail to be positioned horizontally.
My Papo Euplocephalus (Ankylosaurus) has had numerous hot water treatments, followed by generous flexing and hyperextension, with the result that the tail has become rather more realistic, give or take. I suspect that I'll have to have surgery done to get it where it ultimately needs to be. That's another Papo project.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: SidB on September 28, 2021, 03:52:45 PM

On the other hand, I would like Papo's ankylosaurus to have a posture, especially the tail, more in line with my dinosaurian beliefs. It looks more like a scorpion to a dinosaur. It is very nice but I would like the mallet and the tail to be positioned horizontally.
My Papo Euplocephalus (Ankylosaurus) has had numerous hot water treatments, followed by generous flexing and hyperextension, with the result that the tail has become rather more realistic, give or take. I suspect that I'll have to have surgery done to get it where it ultimately needs to be. That's another Papo project.
The Papo anky is more Scolosaurus than Euoplocephalus
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SidB

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 28, 2021, 05:58:21 PM

True, but it really isn't any of the three solely, is it.

Bread

Speaking of those armored fellas, PNSO's Sauropelta's compressed-like body has always shifted me away from buying it. Was this interpretation of the genus based on someone's artwork/reconstruction? Correct me if I am wrong please.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: SidB on September 29, 2021, 02:28:21 AM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 28, 2021, 05:58:21 PM

True, but it really isn't any of the three solely, is it.
Its Scolo but with an Anky's head slapped on
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SidB

Yes, the Victoria Arbour and Phil Currie paper from the 2013 thread "Euplocephalus Explodes". I'd forgotten about that one. Thanks for the reminder.

Halichoeres

I would like all the JP-style raptors and rexes re-posed, preferably in a hydraulic press.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 29, 2021, 02:54:09 PM
I would like all the JP-style raptors and rexes re-posed, preferably in a hydraulic press.

Toss the JP Spinosaurus in there as well.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 29, 2021, 02:54:09 PM
That would indeed be flatout imPRESSive!