News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Collecta 2022 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews), October 19, 2021, 05:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dynomikegojira

Agreed I am actually afraid Safari and CollectA would skip a year(still possible)

suspsy

Quote from: Dynomikegojira on November 01, 2021, 04:40:33 PM
Agreed I am actually afraid Safari and CollectA would skip a year(still possible)

They are not skipping a year. I don't know where this notion originally came from, but it is completely bogus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Thialfi

GojiraGuy1954

Theyre revealing mid november
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Dynomikegojira

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 01, 2021, 05:22:48 PM
Well that's a huge relief

Dynomikegojira

Quote from: suspsy on November 01, 2021, 05:08:56 PM

They are not skipping a year. I don't know where this notion originally came from, but it is completely bogus.
I wouldn't call it completely bogus considering the covid issue and the fact that at least in Safari's case they plan out their figures in advance so while they were about the have releases this year Covid could've delayed them by a year much like anything else but hey I'm certainly glad to be wrong this time.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Dynomikegojira on November 01, 2021, 06:22:30 PM
Quote from: suspsy on November 01, 2021, 05:08:56 PM

I wouldn't call it completely bogus considering the covid issue and the fact that at least in Safari's case they plan out their figures in advance so while they were about the have releases this year Covid could've delayed them by a year much like anything else but hey I'm certainly glad to be wrong this time.
2021's releases would have been done in 2020. If we managed to get three in 2020 then there will be more for 2022. We're all in a much better situation now
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Dynomikegojira

Well then I'm glad to be wrong in this case I was getting worried that nothing was revealed yet for both Safari and CollectA this late in the year.

SidB

That's a positive note - I was starting to wonder.

suspsy

Quote from: SidB on November 01, 2021, 08:26:04 PM
That's a positive note - I was starting to wonder.

CollectA certainly didn't skip 2021, so why would they skip 2022? Again, I just don't understand why anyone is so worried in the first place.

Dynomikegojira

Mainly because it's not normal times especially since they usually do reveals earlier in like August or September so some of us were a little worried and too be honest I'd say we're lucky we got anything at all last year.

suspsy

Quote from: Dynomikegojira on November 01, 2021, 11:06:45 PM
Mainly because it's not normal times especially since they usually do reveals earlier in like August or September so some of us were a little worried and too be honest I'd say we're lucky we got anything at all last year.

Huh? CollectA has been doing their reveals in November for years now.

Dynomikegojira

Quote from: suspsy on November 01, 2021, 11:09:32 PM
Quote from: Dynomikegojira on November 01, 2021, 11:06:45 PM

Huh? CollectA has been doing their reveals in November for years now.
Thought is was earlier but thanks for clarifying.

Renecito

Quote from: suspsy on November 01, 2021, 03:00:18 PM
Rumour has it that CollectA will begin their reveals this Thursday. Fingers crossed.

Great!!! I really want to see CollectA's 2022 release.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Renecito on November 02, 2021, 04:48:05 AM
Rumour has it that CollectA will begin their reveals this Thursday. Fingers crossed.

That would be awesome if they started this week 😃

I'm hoping to see a ceratopsian, a sauropod, and please, we need an Ouranosaurus😃

Is it too much to ask for a Sivatherium or Bramatherium?🥰

Halichoeres

I'm glad to hear they're planning to do reveals on schedule. That said, it wouldn't have surprised me if they didn't, and it strikes me as pretty understandable that people might be anxious about it. The pandemic has receded in wealthier countries, but it isn't over, and the supply chain issues have gotten worse, if anything. There are plenty of reasons a company could be thrown off its usual pace right now.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

FWIW, I've heard two conflicting start dates: one for November 6 and one for "mid-November." So if nothing is revealed this weekend, there's no cause for alarm. It will happen at some point this month.

SidB

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 02, 2021, 05:02:50 AM
Quote from: Renecito on November 02, 2021, 04:48:05 AM

I'm hoping to see a ceratopsian, a sauropod, and please, we need an Ouranosaurus😃

Hoping for a Cenozoic figure, myself.

Shonisaurus

I expect a figure from the Paleozoic and another from the Cenozoic apart from the star animals of the Collecta brand, dinosaurs and other contemporary species of animals of the Cenozoic I hope there are more ornithischians than saurischians sincerely, in my case theropods tire me a lot, although of that species I do not exactly dislike sauropods, interesting saurischians.

I would like more dinosaurs from the group of ornithischians, and not just ceratopsids, stegosaurids and armored dinosaurs like the ankylosaurus or the sauropelta to give two examples. More little treated dinosaurs are needed as iguanodontids like the muttaburrasaurus or ouranosaurus, to give two examples, those two dinosaurs need more affection from companies, I hope Collecta has remembered the saurischians as it does every year.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 02, 2021, 05:02:50 AM

Yes to all of these!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: