News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Collecta 2022 Hopes & Dreams

Started by Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews), October 19, 2021, 05:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Since there's one thread on this topic in the wrong board with no real engagement, I decided to restart it here. What are some models you all would like to see from Collecta next year? I'll start:

Saurolophus
Lambeosaurus
Leedsichthys
Archelon
Updated Hatzegopteryx, either flying or standing (why not both?)
Koolasuchus
Australovenator
Gigantoraptor
Any Lessemsaurid (the best "prosauropods"!)
A good, feathered dromaeosaur, preferably a 1:35 scale of a larger taxon
Lurdusaurus (I've been advocating for this one for years. It's right up Collecta's alley as a weird, obscure dinosaur)
EDIT I'm including Aquilolamna, Livyatan, and sivatheres based on other people's suggestions  ;)

I would like to see a return of the small dinosaur "families" like the Koreaceratops and Hysilophodon models
- Coelophysis pack
- Scutellosaurus family
- Leaellynasaura family (with snowy base?)
- fishing Buitreraptor (maybe just a pair?) with pond base

Mini Paleozoic Creatures "Toob"
- Jaekelopterus or Pterygotus
- Walliserops, or alternatively Cheirurus for an Animal Crossing reference  ;)
- Tiktaalik
- Arthropleura
- Meganeura
- Cotylorhynchus
- Diplocaulus
- Eryops
- Edaphosaurus
- They can reuse their mini Estemmenosuchus, Dunkleosteus, and Cameroceras if they want to save costs
- I suppose we can't avoid getting Dimetrodon in there too   ::)

Recently Extinct Animals "Toob"
- Thylacine
- Dodo
- Moa
- Great Auk
- Quagga
- Passenger Pigeon
- Golden Toad
- Yangtze River Dolphin
- Ivory Billed Woodpecker
- Stellar's Sea Cow

Mini Pterosaurs "Toob"
- Rhamphorhynchus
- Dimorphodon
- Nyctosaurus
- Pterodaustro
- Thalassodromeus
- Darwinopterus
- Anurognathus (or any relative)
- they can reuse their mini Guidraco if they want to
- I'm sure some version of Pteranodon and a giant azhdarchid will be in there

Dusty Wren

I've said this before, but I continue to be baffled by the complete lack of extinct giraffid toys. Collecta's extant ungulates are wonderful, and I keep hoping they'll pick an extinct giraffid for their prehistoric mammal slot one of these years. Sivatherium, Bramatherium, Samotherium, Palaeotragus, Giraffokeryx, seriously guys, I'm not picky, just one of them, please.
Check out my customs thread!

Bread

Quite a nice list you got there avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I only have a few as I am mostly a fan of CollectA's sauropods and some of their larger prehistoric marine animals.

-Livyatan, PNSO's cost quite a bit and if CollectA do indeed release one, it would be more affordable and give me the reason to finally purchase their Megalodon
(I also know that others are requesting or hoping for the same)
-Aquilolamna milarcae would be unique
-Any medium to large sized sauropod would do, I really find CollectA's sauropods to be the best.

suspsy

Apparently CollectA's 2022 reveals will be starting in mid-November as opposed to the beginning of the month as they did previously. At least that's what I heard.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sim

No way are lessemsaurids the best prosauropods.  First, they are sauropods!  Second, even if they were prosauropods, they are all fragmentary.  Third, they are quadrupedal.  The best prosauropods are 1. ones known from good remains and 2. the bipedal ones that were better at protecting themselves by being more fast and/or by being able to use their powerful hands.

Anyway, I tend to not like CollectA prehistoric figures for a number of reasons, but I won't get into that here.  I think they are capable of making good reconstructions sometimes, so... I'll say what would interest me from CollectA.  First, good dromaeosaurids or troodontids or unenlagiids.  These are my favourite dinosaur groups and good representations of them are noticeably absent from CollectA's range.  Perhaps a more likely release from CollectA that I would like is a set of mini pterosaurs, I'd buy it if it included a Rhamphorhynchus.

I think avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx would be happy if CollectA releases a new Australovenator since they didn't manage to get the Australian Age Of Dinosaurs one.  Personally I'd prefer an Australovenator with feathers, similar to the one here: https://www.deviantart.com/haghani/art/Australovenator-hunting-a-baby-Diamantinasaurus-800802629

Gwangi

I'm not a big fan of CollectA's dinosaurs or prehistoric mammals, generally speaking, there are exceptions. My favorite recent figures from CollectA have been things like their various marine invertebrates, the Edaphosaurus, and the Xiphactinus. I would like to see more of the same. Although I don't usually like their mammals I would love it if they did a Livyatan. Their prehistoric marine life is generally good, and so are their extant marine animals. Since I'm not terribly excited about PNSO's Livyatan I would love to see CollectA make one.

triceratops83

I really just want more scenery from Collecta, also like Stuckasaurus, a return of the mini dino families.

In large scale, a conifer, preferably a Monkey Puzzle Tree.

In small scale, a Tree Fern, and Horsetails.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

CityRaptor

My current line up consists of the family groups and two of the corpses. ( My Plateosaurus sadly became a victim of the dread stickyness ). I would like to see some more families.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Faelrin

I definitely want to see CollectA release a Livyatan to pair with the Megalodon, and/or a smaller/more affordable alternative to the I-Toy Paraceratherium, and also a much needed update over their older model of it. Some other neglected prehistoric mammals I'd like to see include the long horned bison Bison latifrons, Homotherium, Aenocyon, Eucladoceros, Sivatherium, etc. An updated approach to Megatherium, or perhaps one of its neglected relatives like Nothrotheriops would be great to see as well. Edit: Dang it. Knew I forgot the Stag-Moose/Cervalces scotti. The broad-fronted moose/Cervalces latifrons would be pretty great to have too.

I'm game for anything Paleozoic, and would also love to see a larger Leedsichthys still.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Thialfi

Mellow Stego

I just hope for more Deluxe Pterosaurs. A Anurognatgus would be great.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Thialfi

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I would indeed be interested in a nice new Australovenator figure form CollectA, I wouldn't mind if it were scaly or feathered of both really.
I would like to see CollectA have a go at a feathered version of Concavenator, and a new Nothronychus or indeed any Therizinosaur besides Therizinosaurus itself.
I would like to see an interesting Triassic and Permian animal. A Drepanosaurus, a Longisquama are top of my list for Triassic.
I have other hopes too, bit will leave at that because that's the end of my lunch break
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

suspsy

Australovenator and Nothronychus certainly warrant new versions. So do Herrerasaurus, Corythosaurus, and Lambeosaurus, although I can't see myself replacing the PNSO version.

And don't forget about Spinosaurus with a new tail.

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on October 20, 2021, 02:36:44 PM
And don't forget about Spinosaurus with a new tail.
Honestly just hoping it will be bipedal or similar to Mark Witton's illustration. I don't want nor need another quadrupedal Spinosaurus with the newest tail reconstruction.

I also agree about not needing a Lambeosaurus and Corythosaurus. PNSO's seem to be definitive, although their Corythosaurus does suffer from proportional issues.

suspsy

See, I'd love a new CollectA Corythosaurus because the PNSO one was way too effing expensive to justify purchasing.

And yes, a bipedal Spinosaurus would be neat, although it would probably have to be mounted on a base in order for it to stand up, and CollectA seems to have moved away from those. I suspect it would be posed more like this year's Safari version.

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on October 20, 2021, 03:48:45 PM
See, I'd love a new CollectA Corythosaurus because the PNSO one was way too effing expensive to justify purchasing.

And yes, a bipedal Spinosaurus would be neat, although it would probably have to be mounted on a base in order for it to stand up, and CollectA seems to have moved away from those. I suspect it would be posed more like this year's Safari version.
Yeah I could see the need for a Corythosaurus, especially on the more affordable side. If anything it needs to have a beautiful color scheme that is unique in order for me to justify its purchase. PNSO's Corythosaurus featured a beautiful color scheme that really carries the figure to put past its proportional issues.

Shame CollectA seem to be doing away with their bases. When I had their Carnotaurus, it was one of their best therapods, in my opinion. Decent pose, and I would never have the issue if the figure would fall over. I really don't want another Spinosaurus leaning on its front forelimbs, it would just be another pass for me sadly.

All in all, looking back at my list I posted earlier, I'd have to include Ouranosaurus or Tenontosaurus due to CollectA's other excellent Iguanodontids.

Shonisaurus

I would like a patagotitan, sarmientosaurus and a saltasaurus, there are very few saltasaurus on the market!

A daspletosaurus, gorgosaurus, albertosaurus, zhuchengtyrannus, or tarbosaurus are interesting tyrannosauroids.

A dsungaripterus for the pterosaur line

And a paraceratherium that far exceeds its old version that was not very graceful.

A moschops among the prehistoric animals of the Paleozoic.

Among the sailors I would like a leedsichthys problematicus with a large size.

Thialfi

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Sim on October 19, 2021, 08:26:03 PM
No way are lessemsaurids the best prosauropods.  First, they are sauropods! Second, even if they were prosauropods, they are all fragmentary.

Wait, seriously?? I thought they were the most derived non-sauropod sauropodomorphs. My declaration of them as the "best prosauropods" was based on them being interesting transitional species, not so much how complete they were.

Quote from: Bread on October 19, 2021, 06:25:02 PM
-Aquilolamna milarcae would be unique

Ooh, yeah, I should have mentioned that one, too!

I also agree with the several people who have mentioned Livyatan and sivatheres.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: