News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

I just got my shipping notice for the Walking Brachiosaurus and the Stegosaurus.

I've noticed on Lana Time Shop's web site a few times it has "Hot Sales " on Nanmu and others....but the prices seem to be the normal prices. Has anyone ever seen Lana Time Shop with a real sale on Nanmu?

Shonisaurus

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon You are lucky to have that brachiosaurus from Nanmu in mint condition. It is immense! My congratulations.

Duna

How lucky to have those impressive figures in perfect condition avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon congrats! :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on February 08, 2022, 05:31:54 PM
I just got my shipping notice for the Walking Brachiosaurus and the Stegosaurus.

I've noticed on Lana Time Shop's web site a few times it has "Hot Sales " on Nanmu and others....but the prices seem to be the normal prices. Has anyone ever seen Lana Time Shop with a real sale on Nanmu?

I can't recall ever seeing one. There are some aspects of their site that aren't always updated, like the preorder section. I still haven't seen the male Brachiosaurus show up on there.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 09, 2022, 08:48:50 AM
avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon You are lucky to have that brachiosaurus from Nanmu in mint condition. It is immense! My congratulations.
Quote from: Duna on February 09, 2022, 11:26:46 AM
How lucky to have those impressive figures in perfect condition avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon congrats! :D

Thank you both I was very relieved to receive her in good condition.  The only thing better will be if Prime 1 makes that standing version.  Though it would be around 5' tall. lol 

Abobo

some hope to see them release the young male Rex from JP3

Takama

Unpopular Opinon,

"IF it Aint Broke, Dont Fix it" Just like the First Version of the Spinosaurus

Over9K

I really would have thought they'd improve the flawed Indominus rex first, if they planned on updating anything. Tbe lack of spines and the horrible tail seam make it the ideal candidate for an update.

SenSx

Well the pose seems very similar to the supplanter to me.
I'm still interested because I bought it late, and its paint  job was a downgrade compare to the first batches of the model.
Some people one Facebook are asking if this new Spinosaurus will have an articulated jaw, since the Baryonyx did not have one.
It will be pass for me if it does not.

Takama

Quote from: Over9K on February 13, 2022, 06:57:27 PM
I really would have thought they'd improve the flawed Indominus rex first, if they planned on updating anything. Tbe lack of spines and the horrible tail seam make it the ideal candidate for an update.

They Teased one last year

On April First of ALL DAYS  ::)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm sure we'll get a new Indominus at some point. 

I think and don't quote me on it, this one will be larger to go with the Buck Rex/once and future king

Bread

Quote from: Takama on February 13, 2022, 06:02:51 PM
Unpopular Opinon,

No... no... you are on to something....

I have to agree. It is cool to see a new and updated figure, but honestly the JP3 Spinosaurus is abundant in the JP/JW market. Plenty of companies now make this design.  Why create another one to add when many of us already have one that they are satisfied with.... Plus, I'd much rather see something we don't have already!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on February 14, 2022, 03:06:57 AM
Quote from: Takama on February 13, 2022, 06:02:51 PM
Unpopular Opinon,

No... no... you are on to something....

I have to agree. It is cool to see a new and updated figure, but honestly the JP3 Spinosaurus is abundant in the JP/JW market. Plenty of companies now make this design.  Why create another one to add when many of us already have one that they are satisfied with.... Plus, I'd much rather see something we don't have already!

It has to be popular and sell well. Occasionally these companies need big sellers to push forward with other risky projects. Like the Pterosaurs.  They did possibly lose quiet a bit on the standing Brachio fiasco.  ( OT but anyone remember Rebor was working on Pterosaurs too? ) I'm curious what the resin version will be of this Spinosaurus? Maybe something with water? Or a dead male Rex?

Lizardbreath

I'm really curious which design they'll go with for their upcoming Pteranodon, and whether they'll give it a flying or a walking pose.

I think I'd want the Jurassic World design, simply because it's been in most media.

Also, someone was asking where you can interact with Nanmu.
They're on FB, Instagram, Twitter, and Weibo:
https://m.facebook.com/Nanmutoys
https://www.instagram.com/nanmustudio/
https://mobile.twitter.com/nanmu_studio
https://m.weibo.cn/u/2636817693?jumpfrom=weibocom

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Takama on February 13, 2022, 07:04:32 PM
Quote from: Over9K on February 13, 2022, 06:57:27 PM

They Teased one last year

On April First of ALL DAYS  ::)

I am not all into the details of the morphology of Indominus rex, but I have to admit I bought a knockoff of this figure for my son and it has like 1cm long spines (blunted, but since they are just like 1.5mm in diameter that is okay for a toy) all ovee its hind part of the head, back and tail.

Shonisaurus

Honestly, I like W-Dragon's indomimus rex better than they plan to market. I have Nanmu's and it's a figure that was good at the time but has become a bit outdated, what I regret about Nanmu's indomimus is that he doesn't have the spikes that appear in the JW version. He is not as detailed as one would like, very good figure, that's true but not perfect like W-Dragon's. I know that comparisons are hateful but it is what I feel for both figures.

I expect a new version of indomimus from Nanmu to compete with his W-Dragon counterpart. Nanmu has plenty of potential due to the quality of his figures based on the JP / JW film saga.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 19, 2022, 11:29:46 AM
Honestly, I like W-Dragon's indomimus rex better than they plan to market. I have Nanmu's and it's a figure that was good at the time but has become a bit outdated, what I regret about Nanmu's indomimus is that he doesn't have the spikes that appear in the JW version. He is not as detailed as one would like, very good figure, that's true but not perfect like W-Dragon's. I know that comparisons are hateful but it is what I feel for both figures.

I expect a new version of indomimus from Nanmu to compete with his W-Dragon counterpart. Nanmu has plenty of potential due to the quality of his figures based on the JP / JW film saga.

I'm sure if they do another version it will be the best one so far. Probably larger than the old ones as well like the Buck/Male Tyrannosaur.  Which is far ahead of the recent WDragon release at less than half the price.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 19, 2022, 11:36:28 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 19, 2022, 11:29:46 AM

I'm sure if they do another version it will be the best one so far. Probably larger than the old ones as well like the Buck/Male Tyrannosaur.  Which is far ahead of the recent WDragon release at less than half the price.

I totally agree with you that's why I'm waiting for Nanmu to release a new higher quality indomimus because it will surpass all existing ones to buy it. I'm sure of it.

TooOldForDinosaurs

avatar_Bread @Bread Sorry i did not read all 10 pages of this thread, so maybe it has already been mentioned;

Do we know if the Parasaurolophus corpse figure will be PVC or resin?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on February 19, 2022, 12:29:58 PM
avatar_Bread @Bread Sorry i did not read all 10 pages of this thread, so maybe it has already been mentioned;

Do we know if the Parasaurolophus corpse figure will be PVC or resin?

The parasaurolophus corpse is made of polystone.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 19, 2022, 12:48:34 PM
The parasaurolophus corpse is made of polystone.

I see, thank you!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: