News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, November 04, 2021, 07:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

The Smok is ok. I'm really liking the invertebrates but those aren't my thing. Glad everyone else is happy.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

A new addition for both my Triassic and my Permian shelves, I'm all in.
I wish the Smok was bipedal, but it looks a fine figure, and will probably be better in hand. It will be nice to have something other than a pronated armed Liliensternus to go with the gorgeous Lisowicia as well. (between this Smok, PNSO's Livyatan and on a worse note Shleich's Nothosaurus, my Triassic shelf will need some rearranging early next year).
Nice inverterbrate choice too, I was originally planning on adding it to the usual place I put inverts, but since it was a Permian beastie, Cooperoceras can join the PNSO Helicoprion and the land lubbers over at Permian party zone.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

suspsy

Further reason to expect more reveals next Thursday: all five toys thus far shown are slated for release early next year. CollectA always releases a few later in the year as well.

Maybe that long-requested Supreme Yi qi will at last rear its head?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on November 14, 2021, 03:26:02 AM
Further reason to expect more reveals next Thursday: all five toys thus far shown are slated for release early next year. CollectA always releases a few later in the year as well.

Maybe that long-requested Supreme Yi qi will at last rear its head?
I think the last reveals will be shown off on the 26th
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Bread

So was it confirmed that CollectA will only be releasing one dinosaur this year? Or is it still a rumor?

Other than that, still high hopes for a Aquilolamna milarcae!

Skorpio V.

I think the thing throwing me off on the Spino is that drybrush. It's so distant from the base and definitely makes it wonky imo. I ADORE those extra rows of spines on the neck though!

Love avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 's comment on the Paraceratherium having MANGE LMFAO :))

PTERANODON STERNBERGII/GEOSTERNBERGIA!! FINALLY!! MY FAVOURITE PTEROSAUR!! I'M SO HAPPY!!

Never got into cephalopods but this one is spicy.

That Smok is begging for a paint wash, good Lord.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

suspsy

Quote from: Bread on November 14, 2021, 04:05:22 AM
So was it confirmed that CollectA will only be releasing one dinosaur this year? Or is it still a rumor?

It's a rumour.

BlueKrono

I cannot unsee the Para with mange!  ;D
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on November 14, 2021, 04:44:31 AM
Quote from: Bread on November 14, 2021, 04:05:22 AM

It's a rumour.
Alright, well then I still have hopes for a sauropod again.

Maybe CollectA will release some images of Smok and Lisowicia next to each other, fingers crossed.

Halichoeres

The Smok has some odd choices, but I'm certainly not going to turn my nose up at a new figure of a Triassic animal (CollectA has only ever released 5!). I love the Cooperoceras. The Pteranodon/Geosternbergia is tempting also.

If it turns out to be true that they only release one dinosaur next year, that will be good news from my perspective. For the first decade of their existence, CollectA released a handful of plants, 1 Cenozoic bird, several Cenozoic mammals, and other than that exclusively Mesozoic sauropsids, with a heavy emphasis on theropods and on the Cretaceous period in particular. It wasn't until 2017 that the prehistoric line got its first fish, its first invertebrates, its first turtle, and its first Paleozoic animals of any kind. And most of those were just in the prehistoric marine mini box (http://dinotoyblog.com/2017/07/18/prehistoric-marine-tube-collecta/)! So a year with only one dinosaur would introduce some much-needed balance into their lineup.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Varanops

Much to applaud and to drool over so far in these offerings by a superior company who seems to pay attentive heed to the wishes of its customer base.  I'll be ordering as many of these new masterpieces as I can afford (right now, that amounts to one or two, if I'm lucky).

Nanuqsaurus

Some interesting and unexpected figures from CollectA for 2022! Not sure yet which ones I'll get, but I like most of them :D

suspsy

The remaining prehistoric toys have been leaked:

Spoiler
DELUXE EDMONTOSAURUS

DELUXE TRICERATOPS

Triceratops obviously has a lot of toys to its name already, but CollectA's 2012 one really did need to be replaced. And while I already have both the Safari Edmontosaurus toys, I'll still probably get this one in order to help encourage CollectA to keep making ornithopods. Same reason why I'm going to get the Smok in spite of its inaccurate quadrupedal stance.
[close]

Looking forward to seeing the images tomorrow night!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on November 17, 2021, 01:11:33 PM
The remaining prehistoric toys have been leaked:

Spoiler
DELUXE EDMONTOSAURUS

DELUXE TRICERATOPS

Triceratops obviously has a lot of toys to its name already, but CollectA's 2012 one really did need to be replaced. And while I already have both the Safari Edmontosaurus toys, I'll still probably get this one in order to help encourage CollectA to keep making ornithopods. Same reason why I'm going to get the Smok in spite of its inaccurate quadrupedal stance.
[close]

Looking forward to seeing the images tomorrow night!
So, aren't there going to be two other revelations like Collecta did in other years?

It is seen that the effect of the pandemic is wreaking havoc on dinosaur brands, including Collecta, except for Nanmu Studio, PNSO or Asian companies, the other companies are accusing the crisis that Covid-19 has caused.

In any case, what they have revealed is more than enough and if they reveal more news tomorrow, welcome.

So, aren't there going to be two other revelations like Collecta did in other years?

It is seen that the effect of the pandemic is wreaking havoc on dinosaur brands, including Collecta, except for Nanmu Studio, PNSO or Asian companies, the other companies are accusing the crisis that Covid-19 has caused.

In any case, what they have revealed is more than enough and if they reveal more news tomorrow, welcome. Good to reveal those two dinosaurs, we need new figures known dinosaurs that can compete with other brands.

It's good that Collecta focuses on big figures. Big is beautiful.

Bread

I was not a fan of Safari's Edmontosaurus. So I am quite excited for CollectA's. Hopefully it will turn out just as good if not better than their deluxe Iguanodon. We have had a lot of hadrosaurs these last few years, glad this group is finally getting some valued attention.

I'll probably pass on CollectA's Triceratops unless it surpasses Eofauna's which is some tough competition.

Shonisaurus

Without a doubt I am a completeist in the Collecta figures, a triceratops and an edmontosaurus are always necessary figures.

Edmontosaurus will be the best non-crested hadraurid this company might make this year, unless the figure gets twisted, I'm hopeful it won't.

A triceratops is together with the tyrannosaurus a must for any brand of dinosaur, both toy and non-toy and without a doubt that figure is perennial in both scientific figures and JP / JW creatures.

Faelrin

Spoiler
They were long overdue for an updated Triceratops but I'm satisfied with the options available already.

I guess the Edmontosaurus should be expected and will likely have the hooves from that reveal nearly 2 years ago now.

If these are the last reveals then I'm glad it was only one theropod this year for them and one they needed to update based on the new evidence anyways. I'm also satisfied at the selection of so many non dinosaurs. CollectA's line up last year was pretty good too.Something I was utterly disappointed with as far as Safari's line up went for in 2021, and hopefully not 2022 but my expectations are low for them.
[close]
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Kapitaenosavrvs

Oh fantastic, There are never enough Hadrosaurs in Figureform.
I guess, the Colouration will be all over the place, CollectA Style, but the Sculpts should be really neat, regarding their last Releases this year. CollectA seems to 3D Sculpt since a few years. Even the Mosasaurus h. (the grey one.) has typical 3D printing Layers inside its Mouth (I guess the master was 3D Printed then.) I saw that only, when i basecoated it black for a repaint. CollectAs quality really went up a lot.

Libraraptor

The Smok is a must-have for me!

Paleodude

Quite the nice selection of figures this year. Smaller than previous years but very solid overall.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: