News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Various): New for 2022

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 13, 2021, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Quote from: Carnoking on January 23, 2022, 01:36:20 AM
Two more trikes?? And still not a single one in accurate brown deco from the first film??) to downright atrocious. That ankylosaurus is somehow worse than the pineapple variant.

Actually the Trike in the first movie was grey, just looking brown due to the mud. At least people always say that.

Raja seems to be similar to the JWA one:
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/jurassicpark/images/6/60/Rajasauralive.png/revision/latest?cb=20180412230434
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

JimoAi

They all look like hot garbage with the exception of the liopleurodon

Carnoking

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 23, 2022, 01:47:12 AM
Two more trikes?? And still not a single one in accurate brown deco from the first film??) to downright atrocious. That ankylosaurus is somehow worse than the pineapple variant.

Actually the Trike in the first movie was grey, just looking brown due to the mud. At least people always say that.

It's true, both the original concept art and animatronic were a more blue/grey color before being covered with dirt for filming. Regardless, what we see on screen is what I'm more concerned with, and we've had some close iterations in the past (original Roarivore and first sound strike) but it's always been a little "off" and Mattel never seemed to correct it.

Gwangi

I'm excited to see better pictures of some of these. That Triceratops in the first image, Megaraptor, Liopleurodon, the sauropod, and that green theropod all have my interest piqued.

Yes, the sauropod is ugly, but it kind of has a William Stout/Primal look about it. I dig it.  8) Of course, Camarasaurus is my favorite sauropod and is traditionally depicted as being ugly, I know it's not a Camarasaurus. Looks better than the Apatosaurus in my opinion.

EDIT: I also wanna add that some of these paintjobs look fantastic. That Triceratops with the orange frill and the Megaraptor in particular. I'm excited!

Shadowknight1

I do want to say that my only disappointment with the Amber Collection seemingly being discontinued is that I was hoping for the Amber Collection Pyroraptor.  Seems like a Hammond Collection one would be half the size more or less?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

suspsy

It is nice to finally see a Triceratops with an attractive colour scheme.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ItsTwentyBelow

Definitely some mixed offerings here. Liopleurodon is nice and I kind of like the color scheme on the Megaraptor. My initial impression to the sauropod was excitement but its main problem is that the head and neck just look TOO big. Like they are in a different scale. The Iguanodon seems too stretched out. Rajasaurus doesn't really look much like an abelisaurid.

I'm becoming more interested in what the Hammond Collection will bring.

Pachyrhinosaurus

It's kind of disappointing that there don't seem to be many film-accurate paintjobs in the lot, especially since this is a movie year.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on January 23, 2022, 01:53:35 AM
Quote from: CityRaptor on January 23, 2022, 01:47:12 AM

It's true, both the original concept art and animatronic were a more blue/grey color before being covered with dirt for filming. Regardless, what we see on screen is what I'm more concerned with, and we've had some close iterations in the past (original Roarivore and first sound strike) but it's always been a little "off" and Mattel never seemed to correct it.

I always liked the first one we received, it reminded me of the one at the old Triceratops Encounter at Universal Studios.

Quote from: Gwangi on January 23, 2022, 02:04:04 AM
I'm excited to see better pictures of some of these. That Triceratops in the first image, Megaraptor, Liopleurodon, the sauropod, and that green theropod all have my interest piqued.

Yes, the sauropod is ugly, but it kind of has a William Stout/Primal look about it. I dig it.  8) Of course, Camarasaurus is my favorite sauropod and is traditionally depicted as being ugly, I know it's not a Camarasaurus. Looks better than the Apatosaurus in my opinion.

EDIT: I also wanna add that some of these paintjobs look fantastic. That Triceratops with the orange frill and the Megaraptor in particular. I'm excited!

I definitely want to see more pics of them.  Kinda interested in a few.  The Ampelosaurus instantly reminded me of Safari's Malawisaurus in coloration.   Megaraptor I think looks a bit Chaos Effect like.

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on January 23, 2022, 04:08:26 AM
It's kind of disappointing that there don't seem to be many film-accurate paintjobs in the lot, especially since this is a movie year.

The Quetzlcoatlus I think is film accurate.  The rest of them I don't think will be in the new movie or have had more accurate paint jobs previously.

MLMjp

I like the Yangchuanosaurus, it falls within the typical look of Mattel figures and its nicely detailed.

About the others, ok we have to take into account that these are prototypes and that their final look (paint application/quality) could improve when proper promotional images are shown. If I recall correctly, something similar happened with Fallen Kingdom.

Having said that...some of these better have a good glow up when the promotional images come. It´s frustrating because I´m pretty sure these will have a good build quality and nice details. But the paint jobs really hurt them and make some of them look cheap.

The Rajasaurus is one of the better ones, I think I prefer the brown and blue one over the blue and white one, but we will see.

The Icthyovenator is a good example of what I stated before about how bad paint jobs can make figures look worse (just look at that green tail). Same for the Sinoceratops and Ankylosaurus.

Don´t really have a strong opinion on Pteranodon, Ampelosaurus and Rugops.

The Iguanodon looks skinny for my taste... even the one in the prologue looked a bit more bulky that this one, but it´s alright.

Thank god the Liopleurodon isn't a JW Evolution clone. Very interested on it.

I´m not sure if the Megaraptor paint is cool or too much.

I kinda sorta like the blue Triceratops with red frill, but looking at them...I don't think these will be bigger that the previous ones. You know, I had this idea that Mattel would go all out with the Dominion toyline and give us the best versions of the dinosaurs seen in the films, cause you know, this is (supposely) the final film of the JW series. They seem to be doing that...but in the Hammond collection, which now seems to be our only hope to get a larger Triceratops, so I hope the make one ASAP.

Nyrorosaurus

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Nyrorosaurus on January 23, 2022, 01:54:19 PM
Apparently leaked Strike N' Roar Giganotosaurus
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

CityRaptor

Oh no

Faelrin

I want to reserve judgement for in package or in hand pics, whichever shows up first, but I do like some of these. Some not so much, but honestly since I have to keep collecting to a minimum these days and the foreseeable future that's honestly fine with me. However it does also mean I'll be breaking a near four year streak (minus the ones from this year I'm behind on), of going for one of every species, but of course I wasn't going to be able to keep up with that forever anyways. From here I'll just focus on the ones that really appeal to me.

Edit: Well one in particular I saw added to the op has an in hand pic. Not sure if it is a leak or not.

Spoiler
Much better then the 2019 iteration, especially the limbs. Though I think the original did have really nice scale detail. Shame the head on this new one doesn't have the notched jaw, since it might be reflective of the film design (as it was rumored to appear and why else do a drastically different sculpt?), but otherwise a must have for me. Been since 2019 since we got one of these anyways.
[close]
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Nyrorosaurus

In-package Roar Strikers Ankylosaurus

Dimetrodon
Spoiler
[close]
Edit: my bad, I missed that these had already been added to the thread

Strepsodus

I might get the megaraptor

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: MLMjp on January 23, 2022, 12:33:34 PM

I kinda sorta like the blue Triceratops with red frill, but looking at them...I don't think these will be bigger that the previous ones. You know, I had this idea that Mattel would go all out with the Dominion toyline and give us the best versions of the dinosaurs seen in the films, cause you know, this is (supposely) the final film of the JW series. They seem to be doing that...but in the Hammond collection, which now seems to be our only hope to get a larger Triceratops, so I hope the make one ASAP.

I don't think they will end the line after this year. I'm hearing rumors of a live action series and maybe a new series past Camp Cretaceous but still in the cgi animated look.     I know a lot of folks want a bigger Triceratops, I'd buy one.  Super Colossal seems to be heavily predator dominated.. pun intended.  We know the Rex is getting a reissue this year and the Giga will have a Super Colossal figure.  After that who knows but I'm betting on a Spinosaurus?

MLMjp

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 23, 2022, 05:40:00 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on January 23, 2022, 12:33:34 PM

I don't think they will end the line after this year. I'm hearing rumors of a live action series and maybe a new series past Camp Cretaceous but still in the cgi animated look.     I know a lot of folks want a bigger Triceratops, I'd buy one.  Super Colossal seems to be heavily predator dominated.. pun intended.  We know the Rex is getting a reissue this year and the Giga will have a Super Colossal figure.  After that who knows but I'm betting on a Spinosaurus?
Of couse they will continue to make toys after the movie, no doubt, but considering that this toyline is a movie toyline, you think they would try their best, just like they did with Fallen Kingdom. But I don´t get those vives.

Quote from: Nyrorosaurus on January 23, 2022, 04:06:46 PM
In-package Roar Strikers Ankylosaurus
Dimetrodon
Well, the actual Ankylosaurus looks better. And I really like the Dimetrodon.

CityRaptor

Yes, those do look better.

Dimetrodon looks rather friendly. Also judging by the side, that figure has some sort of Battle Damage feature.
Oh no

Skorpio V.

Quote from: Brocc21 on January 22, 2022, 09:54:24 PM
Quote from: Skorpio V. on January 22, 2022, 09:28:41 PM
What I find funny is that they seemed to have based it off of the JWE mod by Jagged Fang Design. Not JWE itself but a mod! I feel like this gives Mattel a much more down-to-earth root to it, as a multi-billion-dollar company.
Mattel also ripped the design for their Carcharodontosaurus from JWE

JWE itself is rather official, what with having official material sent to them by Universal and having original actors being VAs. For them to take inspiration from something less universally (no pun intended) Jurassic Park is cool to me. On a similar note, fingers crossed that the Dsungaripterus has as decent a take on it as the JWE model.

That "Ampelosaurus" looks better than the Apatosaurus for me at least. Lovin' the Coke can-thick neck it has! The Megaraptor also has an appealing paintscheme and head to some degree. Most of the others look better in their original colourations though, like the Ichthyovenator.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: