News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Various): New for 2022

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 13, 2021, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

They've had some success in that department but it would seem they're certainly the exceptions as oppose to the rule.

suspsy

Images of a Super Colossal Atrociraptor and a repainted Super Colossal T. rex are hitting social media now.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wonder when the SC Pyroraptor is scheduled?

Eocarcharia

Here are the images:

Plus this Ferocious Pack Blue vs. Atrociraptor set:

Giganotosaurus

I am planning on buying more JP/JW raptor figures. So far I only have the 2015 JW Blue with gear, plus the first Mattel Blue figure from 2018. My question is, do all the raptor figures in the Mattel main line have the same sculpts? How about the Amber Collection raptors?
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Giganotosaurus on March 24, 2022, 04:00:42 PM
I am planning on buying more JP/JW raptor figures. So far I only have the 2015 JW Blue with gear, plus the first Mattel Blue figure from 2018. My question is, do all the raptor figures in the Mattel main line have the same sculpts? How about the Amber Collection raptors?

There are a few different ones in the Mattel lineup, most are subtle though.  The AC line as  I recall is pretty much all the same sans paint except for the JP3 Male.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 23, 2022, 03:53:04 PM
I'm kinda wondering similarly.  The only Pyroraptors that have been spotted have been the 12" basic, the weird goo thing, and the minifigure in the eggs.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on March 24, 2022, 10:57:26 PM
I'm kinda wondering similarly.  The only Pyroraptors that have been spotted have been the 12" basic, the weird goo thing, and the minifigure in the eggs.

I would swear there was an SC mentioned before.  There were also Amber Collection figures of them planned, as well snap squad, the bigger baby dino line, ect..  Maybe the Atrociraptors are getting a big push in Wave 1 and Pyros will be in Wave 2?

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 25, 2022, 06:09:49 AM

I would swear there was an SC mentioned before.  There were also Amber Collection figures of them planned, as well snap squad, the bigger baby dino line, ect..  Maybe the Atrociraptors are getting a big push in Wave 1 and Pyros will be in Wave 2?
Yeah, but those might not happen.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on March 25, 2022, 01:02:43 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 25, 2022, 06:09:49 AM

Yeah, but those might not happen.

Right... but that wouldn't change the plan if the Pyros from other lines are planned to be pushed in a midsummer wave instead of the initial one.

Nyrorosaurus

Quote from: Gwangi on March 20, 2022, 01:37:00 PM
Mattel makes mistakes but I don't think they would give Rugops 2 fingers. Feathers for Rugops seems an unlikely choice too.
I'm actually 90% sure it's a really screwed-up Rugops. Someone on Twitter noted the head's striking resemblance to this reconstruction.
As far as the feathers go, they would be very unusual for an abelisaur toy, but feathered Rugops reconstructions aren't unheard of. The one in NHK's Amazing Dinoworld has feathers.

Faelrin

Found some pics of some test shot figures, namely what I think is the Ferocious Pack Pyroraptor (and just like the basic figure, same disappointing arms, and lipless), Atrociraptor, etc on some dude's instagram.

Screencapped and cropped the pics so folks can see them.

Original post (warning, nsfw language):
https://www.instagram.com/p/CbguED5MFgT/?utm_medium=copy_link
Spoiler

[close]
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

stargatedalek

Would be nice if the reason for the delays is the Pyroraptors getting retooled.

Faelrin

The Pyroraptor seems to be slated to be a June release in the character set with Kayla. Wave 3 for Ferocious Pack release. Honestly it would be ideal if it got retooled to be more in line with the film's design, but well, I won't get my hopes up considering the deal with the Moros, and also the 2018 Pachyrhinosaurus that got renamed and painted to be the Sinoceratops.

Then again it does seem to have a rather prominent role in the film, so they really ought to try to get it as accurate as possible before release, although a HC version down the line would be probably nice as well. Although that would depend on when the design with the wings was finalized, and if they actually would have enough time from then to get a revised version into production before the June release, since they would need to make new molds, new test shots, paint samples, and production samples. Although it could explain why it shockingly hasn't had a leak yet, but who knows. Regardless at least the film animal turned out much better then we probably all thought it would, and I think that matters much more, since this is the first Jurassic film with feathered dinosaurs (short of the Mononykus diorama in FK), and with a dromaeosaurid with full wings at that.

Forgot to mention earlier that the ED Coelurus test shot seemed to have Mononykus arms too? Odd.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 28, 2022, 04:36:07 PM
Would be nice if the reason for the delays is the Pyroraptors getting retooled.

Hopefully. Otherwise the wingless version is an easy pass for me. It's both a mediocre sculpt, and a non-screen accurate one at that.
Would be a damn shame if the only way to get a screen accurate Pyroraptor was through those slime blind-bag eggs.

Primeval12

There is gonna be a big egg with a guaranteed Pyroraptor though.

Blade-of-the-Moon

wouldnt surprise me if we get this version then another one later.

Nobs

Think its safe to move this back to 2022 board now.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: