News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

W-Dragon: New for 2022

Started by blnadal, December 06, 2021, 11:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

need4swede

Dan, Everything Dino, Lana and BBTS do not carry new W-Dragon figures. I reached out to all of them around the time of WD's licensed JP figures and was told that none of them were interested, seemingly over logistical concerns.

The only two places I've seen W-Dragon figures pop up are on Sugo and Aliexpress. There's also eBay, to some extent, but plan on paying a hefty sum for that convenience.
- Swede

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 13, 2022, 06:45:32 AMso far only Sugu has been carrying their products that I know of? Lana said somethingabout not carrying them, I think Dan decided not to or he couldn't?

Dan told me he dropped them because the company was "uncommunicative" and I rather think he got burned bad in the resin Brachio debacle.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Over9K on September 13, 2022, 07:13:16 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 13, 2022, 06:45:32 AMso far only Sugu has been carrying their products that I know of? Lana said somethingabout not carrying them, I think Dan decided not to or he couldn't?

Dan told me he dropped them because the company was "uncommunicative" and I rather think he got burned bad in the resin Brachio debacle.

( the "resin Brachio debacle" was from Nanmu Studio..)

Concavenator

Quote from: Leyster on September 12, 2022, 08:16:06 PMI understand that it's meant to be Stan?

Well, you nailed it:

(pics from Paleofiguras)

Over9K

The lipped rex is up for pre-order at Sugo, for $77.10USD until 9/22.

https://sugotoys.com.au/product/wdjtr13dm91/

blnadal

Does anyone keep Indominus without her stand? Any falling problem??

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on September 17, 2022, 07:12:16 PMThe lipped rex is up for pre-order at Sugo, for $77.10USD until 9/22.

https://sugotoys.com.au/product/wdjtr13dm91/

I like it's based off Stan..had to order one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: blnadal on September 18, 2022, 06:13:20 AMDoes anyone keep Indominus without her stand? Any falling problem??

You mean the base? I kept mine on it..not sure how it would be able to stand without it?

need4swede

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 18, 2022, 06:25:01 AMI like it's based off Stan..had to order one.

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw it. Pre-Order placed!
- Swede

blnadal

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 18, 2022, 06:26:02 AM
Quote from: blnadal on September 18, 2022, 06:13:20 AMDoes anyone keep Indominus without her stand? Any falling problem??

You mean the base? I kept mine on it..not sure how it would be able to stand without it?
I saw some photos of her without the base and seems to stand pretty well (at least in those moments)

And here too:
https://youtu.be/gUyZ4utcoY4?t=740

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: blnadal on September 19, 2022, 02:17:49 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 18, 2022, 06:26:02 AM

I saw some photos of her without the base and seems to stand pretty well (at least in those moments)

And here too:
https://youtu.be/gUyZ4utcoY4?t=740

Well I just took mine off the base, I thought the foot peg was in the dinosaur not the base, and he seems to stand well enough but I wouldn't hazard leaving her off of it.

blnadal

W-Dragon
Yesterday at 07:45
from iPhone 13
Previously, due to measurement errors in the development stage of our retro-shaped Tyrannosaurus Rex, the height was incorrectly written as 30CM when publishing the data, but the actual height is now corrected to 22CM. But the bend is still 55CM. Scale 1/20. We apologize for the trouble and inconvenience caused to buyers. If a buyer is not satisfied with the size, you can find the corresponding retailer to return it! Thanks!

Bread

Wow... That stinks for anyone who was anticipating it to be 1/30-1/40 scale. I myself was curious about it and "tempted" in a way.

Well, just gives me a good reason to skip it, being 1/20 scale and all.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Actually preferred the larger size, though the price makes more sense now.

Over9K

Quote from: Bread on September 26, 2022, 02:04:05 AMWow... That stinks for anyone who was anticipating it to be 1/30-1/40 scale. I myself was curious about it and "tempted" in a way.

Well, just gives me a good reason to skip it, being 1/20 scale and all.

They did indicate that it would be 1/20 scale when they announced it, so I'm not sure why anyone would have anticipated it being 1/30-1/40.

For those wondering, at 22cm-X-55cm it should slot right between the REBOR Charles R. Knight T.rex and the X-Plus/StarAce Gwangi.

I for one cannot wait for it to get here, even at the shorter height.

Bread

Quote from: Over9K on September 11, 2022, 06:13:43 AMW-Dragon joins the lipped Tyrannosaurus party with this 1/35th scale, PVC offering. It features a polystone base, and two interchangeable heads, for open and closed mouth poses.
avatar_Over9K @Over9K your original post advertised it at 1:35 scale...

Over9K

Quote from: Bread on September 26, 2022, 01:52:11 PM
Quote from: Over9K on September 11, 2022, 06:13:43 AMW-Dragon joins the lipped Tyrannosaurus party with this 1/35th scale, PVC offering. It features a polystone base, and two interchangeable heads, for open and closed mouth poses.
avatar_Over9K @Over9K your original post advertised it at 1:35 scale...

Ahhh, I see what happened here. We're talking about two different figures.

The just announced LIPPED Tyrannosaurus is indeed 1/35th scale, so you can still be temped!

avatar_blnadal @blnadal's post was about the RETRO tail-dragger Tyrannosaurus rex, shipping soon, with W-Dragon correcting a typo in their announcement. They originally said the 1/20 Retro Rex was 30cm tall, and 55cm long, which they've corrected to 22cm tall, 55cm long, but still in 1/20 scale.

Bread

avatar_Over9K @Over9K ahhh my mistake, sorry about that! Thanks for the clarification!

Also, the temptation is back for sure, so you're also right about that...

JohannesB

In the distant past, for some reason a few people were complaining about an "overbite" in theropod figures (like the W-Dragon "Rexy"). Luckily, those sounds have disappeared, because, for as far as I can see, Tyrannosaurus did have one in real life too. In any case, this Tyrannosaurus inspired figure (the one with two heads ;-) obviously has it too (just like "Stan").

cooksonia

We need a tight-lipped T rex to complete the set!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: