News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

W-Dragon: New for 2022

Started by blnadal, December 06, 2021, 11:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

need4swede

Not a huge fan of how that Buck Rex turned out...but the Spino is looking mighty fine, imo!

- Swede

Blade-of-the-Moon

Agreed.

Did we determine that the Buck and Spino were made using the CG assets instead of the animatronics officially?  If so that might make it worth getting as P1 is using the animatronics.

need4swede

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 04, 2022, 02:50:14 PM
Agreed.

Did we determine that the Buck and Spino were made using the CG assets instead of the animatronics officially?  If so that might make it worth getting as P1 is using the animatronics.

I read that, too, but I don't know whether it's been confirmed or not. You ordered one of the P1 Spino's, is that right? Curious to see them compared!

I'm wondering why the paint on the Buck looks so washed out. Every photo of that thing in the light makes it look like a cheap toy.
By comparison, the Spino seems to have a fantastic coat resting on its sculpt - and I hope the JP1 Rex does, too.

How do these license agreements tend to work with figures? Does W-Dragon just pay the licensing for these three figures, or are they making official JP figures for a year / X amount of time?
- Swede

Mattyonyx

Agreed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT2QgpgK_id/

I remember making a post based on the info & images blnadal shared here.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Mattyonyx on April 04, 2022, 05:27:21 PM
Agreed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT2QgpgK_id/

I remember making a post based on the info & images blnadal shared here.

based on that i'd say yes.

need4swede

- Swede

Blade-of-the-Moon

Since it's based on the cg art/models, you can really tell it looks like a Baryonyx or maybe a Suchomimus( which was the original idea ) with a sail just stuck on there.

It will be fun pairing it up with the P1 of the same scale.

need4swede

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 13, 2022, 06:47:13 AM
...it looks like a Baryonyx or maybe a Suchomimus( which was the original idea ) with a sail just stuck on there.

Thanks, now I can't unsee it

- Swede

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: need4swede on April 14, 2022, 12:07:39 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 13, 2022, 06:47:13 AM
...it looks like a Baryonyx or maybe a Suchomimus( which was the original idea ) with a sail just stuck on there.

Thanks, now I can't unsee it

lol I'm sorry.  It just looked so obvious.   It actually makes a pretty good one really. Much better than the JW:FK version to be honest.

need4swede

- Swede

need4swede

More images of the JP1 Rex...

- Swede

Bread

Holy guacamole that JP1 rex is beautiful. Wish it wasn't a limited issue.

need4swede

Quote from: Bread on May 05, 2022, 07:12:23 PM
Holy guacamole that JP1 rex is beautiful. Wish it wasn't a limited issue.

Agreed - I was a bit worried after seeing the Buck Rex. I wasn't a big fan of the color application on that one, especially given the asking price. So far, though, the JP1 Rex and the Spino both look great.
- Swede

JohannesB

I own their "Rexy", which is quite beautiful in its own right, but this looks like a step up from that model 8)

Carnoking

That JP style rex is one of the few from their licensed range that is sorely tempting to me. The Indominus and Indoraptor were nice, but not enough to convince me. This, on the other hand...

Carnoking

Quote from: need4swede on April 13, 2022, 05:35:20 AM
More of the Spino...

I gotta be honest, from what I've seen for Nanmu's new Spinosaurus, it really does make this look rough...

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on May 06, 2022, 02:06:23 PM
Quote from: need4swede on April 13, 2022, 05:35:20 AM
More of the Spino...

I gotta be honest, from what I've seen for Nanmu's new Spinosaurus, it really does make this look rough...

Remember this one is based on the CG assets, not the animatronic like Prime1 and not the mix of both that Nanmu is. Nanmu's is more of an art piece, I can appreciate that as well, I did point out a couple issues with it's basic design and have had no response on it.  I was really happy with their first Spino, it's getting a bit crowded in the JP3 Spino camp these days though..

blnadal

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: