News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

W-Dragon: New for 2022

Started by blnadal, December 06, 2021, 11:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blnadal

Jurassic Park III - Spinosaurus
Polystone
44.5 x 20cm
Limited Edition: 500 units

Jurassic Park III - Tyrannosaurus Rex
Polystone
38 x 15cm
Limited Edition: 500 units

Jurassic Park - Tyrannosaurus Rex
Polystone
37.5 x 15cm
Limited Edition: 260 units

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks better than the Bull Rex, but that one is based on CG work.

Shonisaurus

Is it known what material this extraordinary Tyrannosaurus Rex is made of?

blnadal

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 07, 2021, 10:27:31 AM
Is it known what material this extraordinary Tyrannosaurus Rex is made of?
resin
Edition: 260
Size: 37.5 x 18 x 15cm

LBDINO

I want this figure so bad, Ive wanted a definitive rexy for awhile now. This seems to be it, i hope i dont miss the ore order. What is w dragon usual timetable once they show of promotional pictures?

need4swede

Would like to know this, too.

Would love to get my hands on some of these. I've seen a few listings here and there, like this one for example, but nothing concrete. Hoping we can get some more information soon.
- Swede

LBDINO

That bronze version is great love the pose and sculpt just not a fan of the bronze coloring. The jo3 rex is phenomenal aswell having the license helps a lot am sure that way they can be more accurate. Does make the price jump considering unfortunately same with using more expensive materials

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: LBDINO on December 07, 2021, 05:34:04 PM
I want this figure so bad, Ive wanted a definitive rexy for awhile now. This seems to be it, i hope i dont miss the ore order. What is w dragon usual timetable once they show of promotional pictures?

Seeing as the Mosa and Indominus are next, the JP3 pieces are after, I would say 3rd quarter at least?  Around the same time Prime1 is releasing (supposedly) their own similar scaled line. 

LBDINO

Makes sense i just dont want to miss the pre order lol hopefully it wont sell out

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: LBDINO on December 07, 2021, 08:35:45 PM
Makes sense i just dont want to miss the pre order lol hopefully it wont sell out

I wouldn't worry too much. The indoraptor sold out then restocked.  none of pieces after that have sold out to my knowledge.

need4swede

Found some info about the W-Dragon Rexy;
According to 'Model Toy Center' on Aliexpress:

It will be put on sale on February 20, 2022. It is the pre-sale time at present.
Please extend the merchant's shipment deadline by 65 days after purchase payment. This ensures that your order will not be cancelled by the system because it exceeds the deadline

Scale: 1 / 35
Size: 37.5cm long, 18cm high and 15cm wide (base)
Material:PU resin

Source: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003650564784.html?
- Swede

Blade-of-the-Moon

Received my Indominus Rex from Sugo Toys,  It's definitely a nice piece in regards to detail, but it looks to have some issues with the overall proportions?  Tail is a bit short, chest too thin, teeth are pretty small.  Looks good from the front mainly side view is it's weakest area because it's more apparent.

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 18, 2021, 02:42:41 PM
Received my Indominus Rex from Sugo Toys,  It's definitely a nice piece in regards to detail, but it looks to have some issues with the overall proportions?  Tail is a bit short, chest too thin, teeth are pretty small.  Looks good from the front mainly side view is it's weakest area because it's more apparent.

Is it actually PVC (Soft) or Polyresin (Hard)?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on December 18, 2021, 07:55:17 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 18, 2021, 02:42:41 PM

Is it actually PVC (Soft) or Polyresin (Hard)?

Sort of a mix?  Teeth claws ect seem to resin to get the details kind  of like  Nanmu, the body is heavy but not terribly so like the base which is definitely resin.  the spines on the neck and back are flexible pvc or rubber. 

need4swede

Who are some good sellers for W-Dragon figures? Most shops seem to only carry a handful of their work - curious to find out through whom one should order these from, especially if you're located stateside.

EDIT: I reached out to Lana-Time Shop, Dan's Dinosaurs and Everything Dinosaur ; none of them will be selling these W-Dragon figures :/
- Swede

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: need4swede on December 20, 2021, 04:53:20 PM
Who are some good sellers for W-Dragon figures? Most shops seem to only carry a handful of their work - curious to find out through whom one should order these from, especially if you're located stateside.

EDIT: I reached out to Lana-Time Shop, Dan's Dinosaurs and Everything Dinosaur ; none of them will be selling these W-Dragon figures :/

Try Sugo Toys in Australia. 

need4swede

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 21, 2021, 04:18:18 AM

Yeah, they're the only ones that seem to be selling them (at least at a reasonable rate), even if the shipping ends up costing near $80

But they also don't have the JP1 Rex figure. Apart from a single Aliexpress listing, I haven't been able to find that one for sale anywhere. If anyone else finds one listed somewhere, please share!
- Swede

blnadal

Quote from: need4swede on December 22, 2021, 06:11:18 PM

Yeah, they're the only ones that seem to be selling them (at least at a reasonable rate), even if the shipping ends up costing near $80

But they also don't have the JP1 Rex figure. Apart from a single Aliexpress listing, I haven't been able to find that one for sale anywhere. If anyone else finds one listed somewhere, please share!
GOOD NEWS

Now they do have:
https://sugotoys.com.au/product/wdsjptrb154/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: blnadal on January 11, 2022, 03:18:56 PM
Quote from: need4swede on December 22, 2021, 06:11:18 PM

GOOD NEWS

Now they do have:

Thanks!

Man I don't know what they are doing with these price increases...well I have an idea.. but they really aren't warming me to the new pieces.

need4swede

Quote from: blnadal on January 11, 2022, 03:18:56 PM
GOOD NEWS

Now they do have:

Who-ho! While I'm also not so thrilled about the price, if WD manages to deliver a figure that looks like the ones from their marketing photos (which they tend to do) then I think it may be worth the cost, especially considering the licensing tax.

I ordered all three - it's hard to find retailers that sell these figures (as we've discovered), so I would rather support business that do offer these figures and hope that this encourages them to continue their partnership. Everyone else I reached out to said they're no longer going to be selling WD; I wonder why that is. Sounded like a logistical issue to me.

Thanks for the heads up, avatar_blnadal @blnadal
- Swede

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: