News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Busy day putting up shelves for my Dinosaurs.

Started by MesozoicJohn, December 19, 2021, 05:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MesozoicJohn

I have been busy putting up the first of my Dinosaur display shelves. I have been adding scenic backings to them and will eventually add rocks and bushed etc to the shelf top.
The idea is to show the model's in a scenic setting that represents the time period they lived in. It's a long job but I am really enjoying doing it.

John :)

Mellow Stego

I really love this idea. Been tempted to do something similar with my aquatic animals.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Faelrin

Looks like a great idea, and it turned out great. Also welcome to the forum!
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Libraraptor

It turned out well,  show us more if you will have finished the next shelves!

Shonisaurus

Your enthusiasm for making stage shelves is comparable to the best train collectors. What you do is the dream of a collector like me.

MesozoicJohn

Thank you all :)

I am waiting for the rest of the self adhesive backings to arrive plus a few more models (Christmas Day for those). I will add back ground to the sides of the display 'cases' too. Any way this is it, so far.

Duck

I love how your collection grew so fast and so strong.
He who dwells in pond

MesozoicJohn

Quote from: Duck on December 21, 2021, 07:09:48 PM
I love how your collection grew so fast and so strong.

Thank you Duck.

I paint wargaming figures to earn money to spend on my hobbies, 4 weeks ago I finished an order for a gentleman who lives in America. I thought I had better spend the profits before Sue (my wife) spent it on shoes  ;D

Dusty Wren

I love the bases you've made for the PNSOs! Can definitely tell you paint gaming miniatures, because your basing skills are excellent :))

Do you have to glue or pin the figures to the bases? I just got the Olorotitan, and he's a little wobbly even with the stand, so I was thinking of making a base for him.
Check out my customs thread!

MesozoicJohn

Quote from: Dusty Wren on December 21, 2021, 07:25:30 PM
I love the bases you've made for the PNSOs! Can definitely tell you paint gaming miniatures, because your basing skills are excellent :))

Do you have to glue or pin the figures to the bases? I just got the Olorotitan, and he's a little wobbly even with the stand, so I was thinking of making a base for him.

Thank you DW, I have pinned the bipeds, they are a tad top heavy. Normally I would glue them but, to keep things looking fresh, I intend to change the models in the centre display 'cases' once a week.

Gwangi

Great work, and I love the desert motif. Looks great with the Quetzalcoatlus pair.

SidB

Its fun seeing your displays unfold. They are likely to constantly evolve. Such displays usually become open-ended, within the limits that you allocate to them.

Libraraptor

I really enjoy this thread! Thank you for sharing!

CARN0TAURUS

My wife won't let me do this to the office ;D

Maybe when my youngest heads out to college she'll let me do that to that room but I doubt it.  One thing's for sure, if I had a room like that in my house, I'd probably spend most of my spare time in there ;)

MesozoicJohn

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on December 22, 2021, 02:13:17 PM
.  One thing's for sure, if I had a room like that in my house, I'd probably spend most of my spare time in there ;)

Ohhhhh, I do ;)

It has all my antique fishing gear in, my wargaming figures and table, my reenactment stuff and of course my growing Dino collection.

Incidentally the room used to be my Son's bedroom but fortunately for me, some gullible girl swept him off his feet and he moved out >:D

MesozoicJohn

I broke up for my Christmas holiday today, 12 days of fun and freedom :)

Scenic back drops arrived also engraved name plates and my 6 x feathered Velociraptors (Everything Dinosaurs service is superb) for my Dino wargame force. So I have plenty to do, including making all the Velociraptors look different from each other.

Shonisaurus

Your collection is very well organized, it looks like a museum, and those identification plates prove the orderliness of your collection, you have beautiful, neat and clean shelves. Congratulations.

MesozoicJohn

With two new models for Christmas and 2 more on the way (also 2 more shelfs) I have had a rearrange.

Newt

Your display is coming along very nicely! The engraved nameplates are a nice touch.

I also wanted to express my appreciation of your Celtic arms and accessories. I have an anthropomorphic-hilted Gaulish sword tucked away somewhere...

JohannesB

Nice displays. Very much like a little museum. Excellent.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: