News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ikessauro's Collection

Started by Ikessauro, November 17, 2012, 10:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Figure 02/50

Ikessauro

03/50

DinoToyForum

The paleoartist is Graham Rosewarne, one of my favourites.

Ikessauro

Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 22, 2020, 01:04:31 AM
The paleoartist is Graham Rosewarne, one of my favourites.

That's right! I too find GRaham's style quite beautiful. Love the speckled texture and color choices on these paitings.
Some of the figures in the collection though, are inspired by other artist's drawings. Like the next one. Anatotitan by Neil Lloyd.
04/50

Ikessauro

This one, Ankylosaurus, seems to be inspired by either of these two pieces of art. Maybe both. Looking head on, it looks like the adult Ankylosaurus from the first piece, but from the side, looks like the baby from the second drawing. The second drawing seems to be the inspiration for the color too. Both paintings come from the same magazine.I guess they are from the same artist.
05/50

Libraraptor

Ah,  I see,  you are listing the complete Panini collection.  Keep them coming! I like their Pelecanimimus.

ceratopsian

Good idea!  We need things to enjoy while we are confined to our houses these days.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 22, 2020, 08:33:41 AM
Ah,  I see,  you are listing the complete Panini collection.  Keep them coming! I like their Pelecanimimus.

Where they released by Panini? Because in Argentina, where I got them from, they are sold as Planeta de Agostini Disney's Dinosaur collection, released around 2000. If anyone has more information on these, please, contribute, I'd love to know.

Ikessauro

06/50

Ikessauro

07/50

Ikessauro

08/50
This one I must say, was a bit of a disappointment for me. I love the art used in the old Orbis Dinosaurs magazine, the same ones used in the Planeta De Agostini magazines and in other versions from other companies all over the world. I assume this was the art used as inspiration, because each figure in the collection comes with a info sheet, and Brachiosaurus' sheet shows this artwork. I couldn't find any piece of paleoart quite similar to the figure. The style of the figure is weird, but not in a good way. The proportions of the figure don't seem too close to the drawing neither does the color. A missed opportunity to make a cool vintage looking Brachiosaurus inspired by this classic paleoart piece :/

Ikessauro

Ikessauro

10/50  Carnotaurus seems very similar to the inspiring paleoart from the magazine, but also has a bit of a Disney's Carnotaurus touch to it, specially due to the pink highlights on the spine. Makes sense, since the magazine was released around the time of the movie and was a product officially tied to the Disney film.

Ikessauro

Ikessauro

Ikessauro

Ikessauro

14/50
Another interesting piece. Although it was based on a very colorful paleoart, the model is practically unpainted, having only the eyes in black and a few airbrushed yellow spots over the darker yellow plastic. It's possible to see the color pattern from the drawing was sculpted in the toy, maybe to serve as a guide for the painters, but in the end, the color was simplified, I assume to cut costs. Quite a pity, since the color of the drawing would have been awesome on a toy.

Ikessauro

Ikessauro

Ikessauro

Here's another dino I like the least in the collection. This could have been an awesome model if It was actually based on the drawing from the magazine. But instead they seem to have used an existing mold of a weird Diplodocus.
17/50

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: