News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ikessauro's Collection

Started by Ikessauro, November 17, 2012, 10:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 19, 2019, 06:52:48 PM
Yay, I'm glad to see a revival of this thread, I missed it!
Wow, what an amazing room and display you have going there. Amazing how much the collection have grown.
When you have the time, maybe a closer pics of the individual shelf. I would love to see closer pics of those amazing sauropods! ^-^

Thanks Boki, I sure will post more pics. This coming from you  means a lot, when I first started on the DTF your collection pictures were always an inspiration and some of my first  name brand quality toys actually came from you, when we traded back in 2008. I'm not sure if you remember that, but I still have those Safari dinos and prehistoric mammals!

Ikessauro

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on June 19, 2019, 09:56:29 PM
That is quite simply a beautiful and extremely impressive collection. A true mix of everything dinosaur. Brilliant!

Thanks, glad you like it! More photos soon.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Ikessauro on June 20, 2019, 01:27:11 AM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 19, 2019, 06:52:48 PM
Yay, I'm glad to see a revival of this thread, I missed it!
Wow, what an amazing room and display you have going there. Amazing how much the collection have grown.
When you have the time, maybe a closer pics of the individual shelf. I would love to see closer pics of those amazing sauropods! ^-^

Thanks Boki, I sure will post more pics. This coming from you  means a lot, when I first started on the DTF your collection pictures were always an inspiration and some of my first  name brand quality toys actually came from you, when we traded back in 2008. I'm not sure if you remember that, but I still have those Safari dinos and prehistoric mammals!

Yes, I do remember that time, gosh, so long ago it seems! :)) Its great to see some veterans still active in the forum, miss those days :)
Glad you still have those figures, and I still have mine, I believe there were some Salvats I got from you.
And now look at your collection! It's so huge and impressive! You must have one of the largest and most awesome collection in the forum!
Looking forward to updates! :D

Ikessauro

I Finally made a new youtube Channel in English, to post some updates from my collection and maybe reviews in the future.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk0tONlh26A

postsaurischian

What a huge collection! Thanks for showing it. I recognise some of those big AAA figures :) .
  I'd like to see individual photos of the Brazilian models by Ademar Pereira do Nascimento.
  I have always loved his individual style and it is sad to read he's not offering them anymore. I'm glad I got a few with your help though ;) .

ceratopsian

I greatly enjoyed this tour of your collection while eating my breakfast this morning - good start to the day!  You have a wonderful collection.  I really liked the little cabinet in which you display your toob figures - it's perfect for showing them.

Like avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian, I would like to see more of your models by Ademar Pereira do Nascimento.  What a shame he isn't making them anymore - I would have liked one!

What is the spotted animal lying down next to the Battat Diplodocus?  I just caught a glimpse and didn't recognise what brand it is/who the artist is.

As for video length - I don't mind really.  Just happy to see people's things.

I wouldn't worry too much about English pronunciation.  I bet you could get different versions of how to say e.g. Jobaria from different native English speakers!  I call AAA "Triple A" - but I have no idea if that is right or not.  I've never heard anyone actually say it, only seen it written down as "AAA".

BrontoScorpio

What an impressive collection and what a nice youtube review.

Your Brazilian dinos are perticularly interesting.

Who painted the Creative Beasts ( David silva ) Dilophosaurus so nicely - you ?

Your updated thread reminds me also it is time for me to finally take the time and display my collection as well ( soon ).

Ikessauro

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 28, 2019, 06:06:37 AM
  What a huge collection! Thanks for showing it. I recognise some of those big AAA figures :) .
  I'd like to see individual photos of the Brazilian models by Ademar Pereira do Nascimento.
  I have always loved his individual style and it is sad to read he's not offering them anymore. I'm glad I got a few with your help though ;) .

Thanks avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian ! Yep, there's plenty in my collection I have thanks to your help. As always I really appreciate it! I'll post more of the Ademar pieces soon. I too think it's sad he stopped producing the models, they were pretty good and quite affordable.

Ikessauro

Quote from: ceratopsian on September 28, 2019, 08:45:34 AM
I greatly enjoyed this tour of your collection while eating my breakfast this morning - good start to the day!  You have a wonderful collection.  I really liked the little cabinet in which you display your toob figures - it's perfect for showing them.

Like avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian, I would like to see more of your models by Ademar Pereira do Nascimento.  What a shame he isn't making them anymore - I would have liked one!

What is the spotted animal lying down next to the Battat Diplodocus?  I just caught a glimpse and didn't recognise what brand it is/who the artist is.

I wouldn't worry too much about English pronunciation.  I bet you could get different versions of how to say e.g. Jobaria from different native English speakers!  I call AAA "Triple A" - but I have no idea if that is right or not.  I've never heard anyone actually say it, only seen it written down as "AAA".

Thank you avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian It's good to know you liked the video. Regarding pronunciation, I too never heard most of the brands or dinosaur names spoken in real life. I am so used to see them in writing I kinda surprised myself when I realized I didn't know how to say it.   :))

The spotted animal next to the Diplodocus is a Parasaurolophus cyrtocristatus mother with two babies, a sculpture by Brazilian artist Guilherme Bilinski. I'll try to post a pic of it.

EDIT: Here's my review of the Parasaurolophus, it's in Portuguese on my Brazilian Channel. I was going to post a picture here, but the site I upload my pics (imgur) doesn't seem to be working today, upload always fails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZVmM5QJXik&list=PLevSZH3EePxDsgYU12faQeZrF7sxDnTEI&index=8

Ikessauro

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on September 28, 2019, 12:43:39 PM
What an impressive collection and what a nice youtube review.

Your Brazilian dinos are perticularly interesting.

Who painted the Creative Beasts ( David silva ) Dilophosaurus so nicely - you ?

Your updated thread reminds me also it is time for me to finally take the time and display my collection as well ( soon ).

Thanks avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio The Dilophosaurus was done by Martin Garratt.

DinoToyCollector

Finally found some time to watch this. Man, you have an amazing collection! Do you know how much pieces you have approximately? I really liked your little treasures :D
It's interesting for me hearing you pronouncing the dinosaurs in english. In German dinosaurs sound different again in spoken language  ;) So, there's nothing to worry about.

Ikessauro

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on September 29, 2019, 01:12:25 PM
Finally found some time to watch this. Man, you have an amazing collection! Do you know how much pieces you have approximately? I really liked your little treasures :D
It's interesting for me hearing you pronouncing the dinosaurs in English. In German dinosaurs sound different again in spoken language  ;) So, there's nothing to worry about.

Thanks avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector! Yeah, in Brazilian Portuguese most dinosaur names also sound different in spoken language. I'll just try to have fun making the videos and will not worry about it. As far as how many pieces I have, last time I lost count at 1390 or so. I think since then I might have bought at least two hundred more, so I am guesstimating around 1500 figures.

Halzk

Quote from: Ikessauro on September 28, 2019, 04:24:16 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on September 28, 2019, 08:45:34 AM

Thank you avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian It's good to know you liked the video. Regarding pronunciation, I too never heard most of the brands or dinosaur names spoken in real life. I am so used to see them in writing I kinda surprised myself when I realized I didn't know how to say it.   :))

The spotted animal next to the Diplodocus is a Parasaurolophus cyrtocristatus mother with two babies, a sculpture by Brazilian artist Guilherme Bilinski. I'll try to post a pic of it.

EDIT: Here's my review of the Parasaurolophus, it's in Portuguese on my Brazilian Channel. I was going to post a picture here, but the site I upload my pics (imgur) doesn't seem to be working today, upload always fails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZVmM5QJXik&list=PLevSZH3EePxDsgYU12faQeZrF7sxDnTEI&index=8
Sorry for asking but is the guy is still selling this piece. It's so beautiful!

Halichoeres

That's a great collection, with many unusual treasures! I appreciate the video tour.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

Thanks for the video link. What a beautiful model you have there!  I find tranquil dinosaur scenes very appealing. This Parasaurolophus ticks all the boxes for me.

Libraraptor

Although I didnĀ“t understand anything, I like the video and of course the diorama very much!

Ikessauro

Quote from: Maeru on September 29, 2019, 04:46:15 PM
Sorry for asking but is the guy is still selling this piece. It's so beautiful!

There's nothing to be sorry about. Glad to help. But, in this case, unfortunately, Guilherme is not producing the model anymore. He usually produces limited runs of each dinosaur before going ahead to a new sculpt. His latest is a Stegosaurus, which I still haven't received. He's finishing them. Usually his production runs are of about 30 to 60 pieces, so they sell out quickly. He sells to overseas collectors too, so if you like you can contact him on Facebook in his Facebook page "Guilherme Bilisnki Art" https://www.facebook.com/GuilhermeBilinskiArt/ or via Instagram.

ceratopsian

I will keep an eye on him in the future.

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Ikessauro on September 29, 2019, 04:14:26 PM
I'll just try to have fun making the videos and will not worry about it.

That's something you can feel while watching your video!

Quote from: Ikessauro on September 29, 2019, 04:14:26 PM
As far as how many pieces I have, last time I lost count at 1390 or so. I think since then I might have bought at least two hundred more, so I am guesstimating around 1500 figures.

I have no real words for this. It's just amazing!

Ikessauro

I'll try to post all Planeta de Agostini dinosaurs, in alphabetical order. Alongside the picture of the toy you can see the paleo art on which it was based on.
Figure 01/50

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: