News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ikessauro's Collection

Started by Ikessauro, November 17, 2012, 10:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

:D I really love that Parasaurolophus! And the Stegosaurus is adorable, too. I'd buy both if I could.
                                                                        The Oxalaia is also a very lovely model. Congratulations for these rare beauties :) !

Halzk

avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro Have you seen his upcoming Arcrocanthosaurus model? It looks incredible! Wonder how much it will cost tho.

Halichoeres

I really just want that lungfish that the Oxalaia is holding...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ikessauro

Quote from: Halzk on April 09, 2020, 02:12:45 PM
avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro Have you seen his upcoming Arcrocanthosaurus model? It looks incredible! Wonder how much it will cost tho.

Yes, Guilherme usually posts sneak peaks of his sculptures on his Facebook page and Instagram profile. The Acro is already finished and is in the painting stages. Here's two shots taken from his Facebook page.

Ikessauro

Starting my Carnegie Collection, here's 1988 Stegosaurus.

ceratopsian

The Bilinski Parasaurolophus is one of the most beautiful resins I have ever seen. 

Ikessauro

Next on my Carnegie Collection, 1988 Tyrannosaurus rex. I manage to get three copies, each one with a slightly differing paint job in some aspects. I didn't intend to have three, but got them in lots when trying to complete my Carnegie set. Each new one that arrived proved to be a kind of a variant so I kept them. At least for now.

First one

Second one - I love the bright orange on this one

Third and last rex

Then we have one of my treasured items, Brachiosaurus 1988 variant. I love how this one has kind of a purple tint to it. I have seen other variants in pictures with a more gray tone, but I love this one, reminds me of the JP Brachiosaurus in some ways. Depending on the lighting it appears more purple, specially up close. There's a paint rub on the leg and tip of tail that shows what might be the reason for this color. Purple plastic!

Adult Apatosaurus 1988

Baby Apatosaurus 1988 "German" Variant - Got this from Germany with the precious help of dear forum member avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian Looking at this in person it is a perfect match to the color of the adult, but I'm not sure why in my pics it looks more greenish than yellow underneath.

Baby Apatosaurus 1988 Also got this amazing variant from the fellow DTF member D @Dinoguy2 Although it doesn't match the adult perfectly, being more yellow, I do prefer it over the other one. Something about the combination of black and yellow pleases my eye  ;D

Here's botht of them together

Parasaurolophus 1988 also has a few variants in my collection. Ended up with three, each one unique in paint application

First one

Second one

Last one

Also got three of the 1988 Triceratops

First

Second

Third copy

Last on the 1988 set, Allosaurus.

First variant

Second variant - This one came a bit dusty, it's got some sort of white dust stuck to the crevasses. I tried cleaning it with a wet cloth, but after it dried, most of the white dust appeared again.

Third Variant

Fourth Variant

Leyster

Hello, Ikessauro! I noticed you posted on your Instagram more galleries of models, such as more recent Carnegies. Do you have a link for that pictures in a better quality? Sorry for asking, but your photographic skills are really good and Instagram quality is quite poor  ^-^
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Ikessauro

Quote from: Leyster on July 13, 2020, 05:19:55 PM
Hello, Ikessauro! I noticed you posted on your Instagram more galleries of models, such as more recent Carnegies. Do you have a link for that pictures in a better quality? Sorry for asking, but your photographic skills are really good and Instagram quality is quite poor  ^-^

I can post them here if you like.

Ikessauro

I will work my way backwards on the Carnegie line from here on...

2015 Velociraptor

2014 Tyrannosaurus

2013 Concavenator

2012 Brachiosaurus

2011 Carnotaurus

2011 Miragaia

Leyster

Quote from: Ikessauro on July 13, 2020, 05:35:04 PM

It's really kind of you, thank you so much!
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Ikessauro

Quote from: Leyster on July 13, 2020, 05:48:20 PM
Quote from: Ikessauro on July 13, 2020, 05:35:04 PM

It's really kind of you, thank you so much!

No problem, my pleasure! Added two of them already in the previous page.

Ikessauro

2010 Cryolophosaurus

2010 Ichthyosaurus

Ikessauro

2009 Spinosaurus

2009 Tylosaurus

2008 Diplodocus

2008 Giganotosaurus

Ikessauro

2007 Allosaurus
I bought it recently, but it didn't arrive yet

2007 Amargasaurus

2007 Carnotaurus

2007 Elasmosaurus
Variant 1 - Flippers held horizontaly, belly touches the "ground"

Variant 2 - Flippers held more vertically, giving it a taller more up right posture.

2007 Iguanodon

2007 Maiasaura

2007 Oviraptor

2007 Parasaurolophus

2007 Pteranodon

2007 Quetzalcoatlus

2007 Stegosaurus
HAVE TO GET THIS ONE YET

2007 Tanystropheus

2007 Triceratops

2007 Velociraptor

Stegotyranno420

How the heck you even get these things, and where the heck, and how come you could get so much for high extreme prices and still afford more. Are you like super rich?

P.S nice collection

Ikessauro

Quote from: Stegotyranno on July 13, 2020, 07:02:47 PM
How the heck you even get these things, and where the heck, and how come you could get so much for high extreme prices and still afford more. Are you like super rich?

P.S nice collection

Hahha, quite the opposite. I do not make a lot of money, that's for sure. I wish I were rich!  ;D But I've been collecting for about 19 years now. Things accumulate :) I also am a single guy, no kids to provide for, so I can spend how much of my money I want in my dinos. That means I don't spend much on other things, like expensive clothing, video games, cars etc . I live in a quite small town where there's not many places to spend money at. No shopping malls, movie Theaters to go to, so I mostly live a quite simple life, my only luxury I'd say is collecting.  ;D

postsaurischian

Nice Carnegie Collection! Some, like Miragaia, Carnotaurus, Caudipteryx or Tylosaurus (just to mention a few) are and will be evergreens :) .

People keep on posing that super-rich question to me as well, not taking into account that I have been collecting for almost 50 years now
and that a lot of those now expensive figures were pretty cheap in the past ;) .

Ikessauro

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 13, 2020, 08:53:17 PM

Nice Carnegie Collection! Some, like Miragaia, Carnotaurus, Caudipteryx or Tylosaurus (just to mention a few) are and will be evergreens :) .

People keep on posing that super-rich question to me as well, not taking into account that I have been collecting for almost 50 years now
and that a lot of those now expensive figures were pretty cheap in the past ;) .

That's right. And even when you get something rare or old nowadays, with a little effort you can get a good deal if you look for it hard enough. I myself get lots of toys in used lots for really good prices.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 13, 2020, 08:53:17 PM

50 years, thats older than my parents!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: