News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ikessauro's Collection

Started by Ikessauro, November 17, 2012, 10:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

Excellent new additions Ikessauro! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

stoneage

Quote from: Ikessauro on January 27, 2013, 08:48:13 PM
Here's my Salvat dinosaur collection. I know not everyone likes it, but I do. And since there are 42 figures in the collection I'm posting only one in here with all of them. For individual photos check out my Collectors Quest page.
Salvat Collection at Collectors Quest

I wonder if anyone else in the world has all of them?

Bokisaurus

Wonderful collection. I am impress with your Salvat collection, they may not be the most pretty of figures,  but they are unique and have a pretty interesting story ;D They are certainly collectors items ;)

I love that Dodo bird! I have been searching, but not had any luck finding one at a reasonable price :(

Ikessauro

I don't know anyone else that have the complete set, but I'm sure there must be someone somewhere. Anyways, they are getting harder and harder to find in good shape these days.

Boki, I found my Dodo at eBay Uk. I think that you should keep looking very often, the Dodo is a bit rare but not expensive. I've seen at least 3 of those sell for less than £10. I got mine as a BIN for only £2.99 + shipping, the total didn't go over $10!

Here's another of my sets, Safari Field Museum Sue Collection
Anatotitan

Sue Open Mouth

Torosaurus

Sue Closed Mouth

Also, Invicta Painted Mammoth

And... Safari Missing Links Collection (At least the ones I have)

Ikessauro

Here's more of my collection. Schleich Prehistoric Mammals set.
Cave Bear

Smilodon

Megatherium

Woolly Mammoth

Woolly Mammoth Calf

Macrauchenia

Glyptodon

And... Fossil Sea Creatures by Bullyland
Whole set

Jellyfish

Large Amonite (Asteroceras??)

Small Amonite (can anyone id this species?)

Belemnite (which species?)

Trilobite (also, can anyone tell the species?)

Jetoar

Amazing collection, but the mammoth is from bullyland  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Ikessauro

Oh man, I can't believe I made that mistake. :P :-[
Just fixed the photo. Thanks Jetor.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Ikessauro

My ROM Primeval Predators Set , thanks to Dean!
Loggania

Olenoides

Pikaia

Wiwaxia

Opabinia

I also decided to make a list of all figures I have, like a check list on the first post of this thread, without the photos, to keep it simple and easy to check. I will not post everything at once, instead I'll add to the list only the models I have photographed and posted here.

Ikessauro

Papo Prehistoric collection ordered by release date.
Prehistorical Man Bearded Man

Prehistorical Man with Spear

Steppe Mammoth

Prehistoric Campfire

Tyrannosaurus rex Original Version

Triceratops

Velociraptor Original Version

Parasaurolophus

Pachycephalosaurus

Pteranodon

Stegosaurus

Spinosaurus

Allosaurus

Dodo Bird

Woolly Mammoth

Oviraptor

Pachyrhinosaurus

Plesiosaurus

Velociraptor Repaint

Smilodon

Styracosaurus

Ankylosaurus

Tylosaurus

Brown Running Tyrannosaurus

Brown Baby T.rex

Tyrannosaurus rex Repaint

Green Running Tyrannosaurus

Green Baby T.rex

Young Woolly Mammoth

Baby Woolly Mammoth

Brachiosaurus

Carnotaurus

Woolly Rhinoceros

Jetoar

Thanks for sharing your Papo prehistoric collection friend ^-^.

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Ikessauro

Battat T.rex V.1

Battat Parasaurolophus

Battat Dilophosaurus V.1

Battat Dilophosaurus V.3

Battat Carnotaurus

Battat Gallimimus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Really nice photography skills, they look just like catalog shots. :)

Ikessauro

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 03, 2013, 03:57:41 PM
Really nice photography skills, they look just like catalog shots. :)

Thanks Blade, I've been trying some new techniques recently. Here's some models by Ademar Pereira do Nascimento
Sacisaurus agudoensis 1:5 Scale

Velociraptor mongoliensis 1:10 Scale

Smilodon populator 1:15 Scale

Smilodon gracilis 1:15 Scale

Aucasaurus garridoi 1:20 Scale

Amazonsaurus maranhensis 1:20 Scale

Adamantisaurus mezzalirai 1:20 Scale

Giganotosaurus carolinii 1:30 Scale

Baurutitan britoi 1:20 Scale

Mirischia asymmetrica 1:5 Scale

Argentinosaurus huinculensis 1:30 scale

stoneage

:)  I haven't seen these before.  How long are those sauropods?  How about some group shots.  Also what are they made of, where do you get them and how much do they cost.

Ikessauro

Quote from: stoneage on March 03, 2013, 09:12:57 PM
:)  I haven't seen these before.  How long are those sauropods?  How about some group shots.  Also what are they made of, where do you get them and how much do they cost.

These are made by a Brazilian sculptor, Ademar Pereira do Nascimento. He has done some dinosaur models a couple of years ago, but stopped production due to personal issues. Last year he decided that was time to come back to the dino stuff and started selling again. They are made of resin like a normal kit, but he sells them already assembled, painted or unpainted. They cost about 40 each, depending on size of the model. Most of these are Brazilian or South American species. Brazilian dinosaurs are usually overlooked by toy companies so he decided to give them a chance. Amazonsaurus is about 50 cm long, some are smaller, like Sacisaurus, the Smilodons, Velociraptor etc. Adamantisaurus is 47 cm long. Some of those are discontinued, namely Velociraptor, Smilodons, Giganotosaurus and some others I didn't buy back then. The newer models are not hollow, so they are a bit heavy. All bases seen on the photos come with the model.
Unfortunatelly Ademar doesn't sell worldwide, but I can help you get some or even all of them. Usually I buy them unpainted and resell or trade for other dino models/toys. The problem is they are very fragile, usually end up breaking during shipping. Of course, nothing that can't be fixed before painting. I traded about 6 of them with SBell a while ago, also Postsaurischian got a few and Martin Garrat has the Sacisaurus.
Here's a group photo. It's a bit dated, I took it before I had the Adamantisaurus and Amazonsaurus, but you can have an idea of how big Sacisaurus, Aucasaurus and Baurutitan are. My camera batery ran out a couple of minutes ago, so when it finishes charging I can post another pic with all of them.

postsaurischian

:o :) Impressive collection!!
The Argentinosaurus is really beautiful :D!

Roselaar

Fantastic collection! :)

And a brown Papo running Rex too! Where did you get that one?

Ikessauro

Quote from: Roselaar on April 12, 2013, 08:36:21 PM
Fantastic collection! :)

And a brown Papo running Rex too! Where did you get that one?

That one came from France, I asked a collector who lives there to get it for me. :))

Here's my V.3 Battat T.rex - There's a sad story about it. I had contacted the seller on eBay when he listed a lot of dinos with a Battat rex in it, to find out if he would sell only the Battat for a reasonable price, as every collector does when the lot is too big and expensive to justify buying only for one item. The seller said that the Battat wasn't included in the lot, I guess he had found out it was valuable. A month later or so he listed the rex alone, good photos and all, and again, I was out of cash, so I didn't bother to look at the photos really well. To my surprise the seller contacted me by email offering the rex. I explained to him that I only would be able to pay for it at the end of the month, which is when I get my paycheck.
He offered to end the auction, despite a lot of watchers, to save me the dino for a combined price, over 100 bucks of course, since he figured out what he had. I agreed and at the time I didn't bother to check if it was in really good condition, I took the seller's word for it. Big mistake. I was so letdown when it arrived that it's been gathering dust on my cabinet since then. I didn't even took  a photo of it or commented on the recent acquisitions thread untill now. I contacted the seller who didn't even bother to offer a refund, just told me to re-sell it online. Since I didn't buy it through eBay I was a bit confused on what to do. I ended up with a broken dino and no refund.
The problem is that it is missing one finger, the lower finger of the right hand. If you look at the photo you'll not see the problem, because I fixed it with Photoshop. But here's a photo of its hand without photoshop treatment. I just hope that someday I'll be able to get another V.3 T.rex in good condition and perhaps if I do I can customize this one. Maybe I'll find someone to reesculpt the finger, change the pose a little and repaint it. But after all this, I learned my lesson to carefully look at the photos of what I'm buying, after all, when I checked the eBay auction again after receiving it I noticed the broken finger.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: