News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

When orders go wrong

Started by tyrantqueen, November 30, 2012, 05:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Doctor Admin suggested this would make a good topic, so why not?

When purchasing from the internet, has your order ever been messed up before? Like, have you ever received the wrong model or something you didn't want in the first place?

This has happened to me a couple of times. First, when I ordered a Paleomaster Therizinosaurus from Urzeitshop.de. I received a kelenken figure instead. Though I contacted the site owner, and I got a replacement very quickly.

Second, was when I received a Carnegie Miragaia instead of a CollectA one.

ZoPteryx

Well I ordered the Planet Dinosaur dvd from Barnes and Nobles bookstore and paid for 1-3 day shipping.  It's been a week now, and they just sent an email today saying it's been shipped.  Sounds like I could have saved a buck or two. :-\  Oh, and just another note about B & N, they sell dino toys from the major brands, but some of the Safari figures are ridiculously overpriced ($30-$40! :o), so be careful.

Seijun

Only time I ever had an "incident" was when I ordered a complete set of one of the kaiyodo series, I forget which one.. 24 animals total. On arrival I found that the acro was missing (instead I got two trex) and two figures had broken tails. The seller wanted to send a complete replacement set for free. I cant remember if let him send me a second set for free, or if I convinced him to sell it to me at a discount. Anyway, I just remember I ended up with two sets for a very good deal.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

DinoToyForum

I ordered a Dinostoreus Plesiosaurus skull statue from Dinosaurtime.co.uk once and they sent me a Pteranodon skull instead! I pointed out the error and they kindly sent on the Plesiosaurus skull, and also said to keep the pterosaur. So the mistake worked out in my favour on this occasion :) Still, your heart sinks the moment you first open the box.  :o

SBell

I've had a few situations like that.

I placed an order for the Mastodon gomphotherium at Dinofarm--and received a Mastodonsaurus! After I called, they let me keep it, and sent me proper gomphothere and TS Toys 'Tropeognathus' (which I have since sold).

For some of the longer term collectors here, you might remember Hide Iida of Japan, probably the first good source of Dinotales (who subsequently, literally vanished). On one of my many orders (I became a bit of a pusher in grad studies, getting lists and then orders from all sorts of other students--I am probably responsible for the vast majority of Dinotales that reached Saskatoon!) I had asked for an Acanthostega, but mistakenly wrote Ichthyostega (but I had the correct item number down) and he sent me an Ichthyosaurus--a quick email and I had the right figure for no extra! Plus, a few replaced broken figures (an Archaeopteryx and Eurypterus, both of which were supposed to be for someone else).

Oh, and when I ordered a Neko Works hybodus and stethacanthus from HLJ, the Hybodus arrived without its anterior dorsal spine (they are single piece figures).  The spine wasn't even in the sealed bag, it just wasn't ever there.  After a quick email and a photo showing the figure actually broken, it was replaced for free.

Finally, I have made several purchases from ig88droid on ebay. I had purchased a Xenacanthus figure (to replace mine, which was damaged)--and received a broken one.  When that was replaced, for free, the replacement was also broken! But now I have a good one.

Really, I can't think of many situations where orders have arrived somehow 'off' and were not dealt with satisfactorily.

Ikessauro

I've got one myself... I ordered the Jurassic Park Blu-ray gift set from Amazon and it took 3 months to arrive. Since I'm in Brazil that's no big deal, I'm used to long shipping periods, but when I openned the box, not the shipping box, the actual blu-ray set box I noticed that the T.rex statue had a finger missing from the dinosaur manus.

What a sad day was that. I tought of asking for a replacement, but I didn't think they would agree with it, since I had openned the product and there was no guarantee that the damage wasn't my fault. The broken piece wasn't in the box and looking closely I guess you could say someone broke it at the factory, because there's a bit of black paint in the broken spot, the same used in the claws. So even broken someone painted it and didn't notice or bother to say it was damaged. Also, they would ask me to ship it back to the US and that would take another month or so before they could get it and send me a replacement. Even if they sent me a replacement it would take another 3 months to arrive and so I didn't even bother complaining. Now I regret it. :-[

paleoferroequine

The only time I had anything wrong was one where I ordered a Carnegie Dimetrodon and received a Carnegie Diplodocus instead! Well, I didn't complain.   :o

Ikessauro

Aw, I remember one more order that went wrong. I bought a lot of dinosaurs on Ebay UK which included several WWDs, Invictas, Jurassic Park and other nice stuff for a relatively low price. Never got it. The nice thing is that the seller gave a full refund on the order after like, 3 months waiting.

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on November 30, 2012, 04:32:25 PM
I placed an order for the Mastodon gomphotherium at Dinofarm--and received a Mastodonsaurus!

Not surprising, considering even the Mastodon tag labels it a Mastodonsaurus.  ::) (At least last year's re-release did.)

I've never had an order go wrong like any of the situations above, but I can add an interesting new situation to this list. I once inquired about a set of loose JP figures from a seller on Ebay and gave my adress to calculate shipping costs. Since I considered shipping costs too high I turned down the auction and didn't bid on it, so you can imagine my surprise when about three weeks later I received the lot regardless. Turns out the seller had mistaken my address for that of the actual auction winner... Of course I was humane enough to contact the seller and point out her error, after which I shipped the lot to the real buyer myself when the seller agreed to refund my shipping costs for doing so. I'm proud I resisted the temptation to keep the lot myself, since there were a few rare figures in there I was still lacking then (nowdays of course no more :)).

Takama

The biggest issue i had, Is when i ordered a Brown Velociraptor from Papo and received the newer on instead.  I did not return it because it was my first Papo. So I decided to try again with a diffrent seller. Can you believe they did the same thing? But i got that in a lot that included the T-Rex and Spinosaurus, so i gave it to a freinds Son       

Finally, there was a time i ordered a Papo Pachyrhinosaurus, and received a Pachycephalasaurus instead, Once again, i did not return it. But when i placed the order again, it came back as the correct Figure.

CityRaptor

The issue with the Papo Velociraptor is actually quite common. That is due to sellers still using the same stock photo. Originally ordered one from MyToys, got the newer instead.  Then ordered from a seller who had the Giftset with Velociraptor and Triceratops listed, which included the old Version. Turned out it was no longer available and they sent me a regular Triceratops and the newer Velociraptor instead.
Managed to get a brown one in the third try, but that shop is now closed down.

As for getting Mastodonsaurus instead of Mastodon, you know, you are lucky? The Mastodonsaurus is more expensive and also way cooler.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 02, 2012, 12:18:50 AM
The issue with the Papo Velociraptor is actually quite common. That is due to sellers still using the same stock photo. Originally ordered one from MyToys, got the newer instead.  Then ordered from a seller who had the Giftset with Velociraptor and Triceratops listed, which included the old Version. Turned out it was no longer available and they sent me a regular Triceratops and the newer Velociraptor instead.
Managed to get a brown one in the third try, but that shop is now closed down.

As for getting Mastodonsaurus instead of Mastodon, you know, you are lucky? The Mastodonsaurus is more expensive and also way cooler.

Oh, I know. And now I have two, since I bought a re-release one.

Paleo & Fish Collector

Quote from: Zopteryx on November 30, 2012, 06:36:04 AM
Well I ordered the Planet Dinosaur dvd from Barnes and Nobles bookstore and paid for 1-3 day shipping.  It's been a week now, and they just sent an email today saying it's been shipped.  Sounds like I could have saved a buck or two. :-\  Oh, and just another note about B & N, they sell dino toys from the major brands, but some of the Safari figures are ridiculously overpriced ($30-$40! :o), so be careful.
That happened to me too once.I ordered Kaiyodo Dinotales from AnimeToyZone and I got my animals much later than I thought.I also got the wrong ones.I emailed them and I got no replys so I went to eBay to get what I wanted.
*orthocone*
Oh,and I forgot to introduce myself.I am a N00b to the forum and I am a bit too young to be on here but I am very mature for my age.I do have a few Kaiyodo Dinotales I so dearly love.I have Pteraspis which is my current favorite animal.I have a 7 Kaiyodos and want a few more.I have one question.Can I trust ClawMarksToys do they send the right orders?

Balaur

One time I ordered a brown Carnegie Triceratops, and instead got the 2000 one addition! Didn't complain, and I got the brown one three years later.  ;)

ProSauropod

I've ordered a few times from Clawmark with no problems - correct order (and they were a mix of numerous pieces) and prompt.  I received a box from them yesterday in fact: ordered online 12/2, shipped 12/5, received 12/14.  Not bad for halfway around the world.  Keep in mind:   Tom & Diane are in San Francisco now and will not be filling orders until they get back to Japan next month, so if you order now, it may take awhile.

sauroid

Quote from: PteraspisEMMA on December 15, 2012, 10:02:56 PM
Quote from: Zopteryx on November 30, 2012, 06:36:04 AM
That happened to me too once.I ordered Kaiyodo Dinotales from AnimeToyZone and I got my animals much later than I thought.I also got the wrong ones.I emailed them and I got no replys so I went to eBay to get what I wanted.
*orthocone*
Oh,and I forgot to introduce myself.I am a N00b to the forum and I am a bit too young to be on here but I am very mature for my age.I do have a few Kaiyodo Dinotales I so dearly love.I have Pteraspis which is my current favorite animal.I have a 7 Kaiyodos and want a few more.I have one question.Can I trust ClawMarksToys do they send the right orders?
hi Emma and welcome to the DTF.  :))
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

I remember another Issue. I got a JP Dinosaurs Baby T-Rex on eBay, but got the TLW one instead. Since the seller no longer had the other one available, I had to ship it back. I got a refund, the seller paid for the shipping costs and I got a free Spinosaurus Aqua Attack.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Paleo & Fish Collector

Quote from: ProSauropod on December 15, 2012, 10:33:36 PM
I've ordered a few times from Clawmark with no problems - correct order (and they were a mix of numerous pieces) and prompt.  I received a box from them yesterday in fact: ordered online 12/2, shipped 12/5, received 12/14.  Not bad for halfway around the world.  Keep in mind:   Tom & Diane are in San Francisco now and will not be filling orders until they get back to Japan next month, so if you order now, it may take awhile.
Yup I heard.They returned to their home country for a health related thing.THANKS SOOO MUCH!
My Pteraspis just broke and I need to get it replaced.They won't be back for awhile but I either need Santa to bring me a replacement or need to buy it myself.Sorry I still believe in Santa lol.

Ikessauro

Sorry guys for bumping this old topic, but I have a question to ask you.

Is it common for packages from UK to get lost when sent overseas? Have you ever lost anything sent from UK? I love to buy from UK, I am used to buy from Everything Dinosaurs, eBay Uk and all, but it seems that everytime I get excited about something I bought, it ends up missing.

Once I traded some dinos with a member from here, the package he sent me went missing. He was kind enough to send a replacement so of course everything was solved.
Then I once bought a huge lot of dinos on eBay Uk, there were more than 30 dinos in the lot. There were lots of invicta and at least 3 WWDs on the lot, some AAAs, Jurassic Park and other chinasaur stuff. I got it cheap, about £20 + shipping, which was more expensive than the lot itself, about £32. I didn't care, there were lots of dinos, some rarities so I was still getting a bargain. Paid everything, the seller told me it was shipped but I never got the package. After a long time I told the seller about it and she kindly refunded all of my money. I still wish I had gotten the dinos though.  :-\ This time I was a bit sad, because it's hard to get a bargain like that, then when I do, It gets lost!
Then last December I ordered several Papo dinosaurs for me and some for my little brother, including 2 Brachiosaurus from ED. Also bought the new brown T.rex from a ebay seller from the UK. I placed the order around December 3rd or so. The T.rex never arrived, neither did the Brachios! Luckily the eBay seller sent me a replacement for the T.rex, which arrived a month later and up untill now I haven't seen any signs of my Brachios from ED. I finally contacted Mike and he provided a replacement for me, I hope this one package will get here safely.
Around the same time I bought the Papos, I won a good bargain at eBay UK, two invictas, Apatosaurus and MAmenchisaurus, very good condition, unpainted for less than £10, and shipping was cheap, If I'm not mistaken the price didn't go over £20 total.
I never received my invictas! Contacted the seller and due to Christmas and all I decided to wait, I had hopes that it was delayed due to holidays.The seller begged me not to give negative feedback, that he/she would provide refund if the item didn't arrive. Well, it hasn't arrived, that I'm sure of. I forgot to leave feedback for the seller and now he/she won't answer any messages.

I'm puzzled by the fact that only packages coming from the UK are getting lost. I buy from all over the globe, from Canada, US, China, Germany, Spain, Japan even Australia and all packages get here in time, safely, except the ones from the UK. I would definitelly prefer to get my packages instead of a refund or replacement, sometimes I fell like people will start to think I'm lying just to get a refund or more stuff.
What do you guys think I should do?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hmm..that's really odd. Especially since you have so many similar cases.  Perhaps someone is stealing your mail ?  It would take a person to only pick U.K. packages I think. I would try going to your local postal service and see if you can file a complaint or they can start some sort of inquiry.  Show them how often it's happened. If it is theft it's hard to pinpoint just where the problem is. But make sure your packages are only arriving to a safe location where someone is there to receive them.  Request tracking info is added to every order..it may cost a little more but it will be worth it to see where your stuff is going. Add insurance as well if possible.  Sometimes tracking and insurance will deter possible thieves...especially if it's a postal employee.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: