News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Bullyland - New for 2014

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, November 25, 2013, 11:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything_Dinosaur

We have just heard from Bullyland that they don't intend to retire any of their existing Museum Line models in 2014.  There are going to be two additions, made in the spring and available from about July 2014 onwards.  The first is a model of Lambeosaurus lambei, the second, and the one we are really looking forward to is the German, basal Macronarian Sauropod known as Europasaurus holgeri.  No pics have been released yet but as soon as we get some, we will post up.

Concavenator

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on November 25, 2013, 11:12:08 AM
We have just heard from Bullyland that they don't intend to retire any of their existing Museum Line models in 2014.  There are going to be two additions, made in the spring and available from about July 2014 onwards.  The first is a model of Lambeosaurus lambei, the second, and the one we are really looking forward to is the German, basal Macronarian Sauropod known as Europasaurus holgeri.  No pics have been released yet but as soon as we get some, we will post up.
Great!Can't wait to see pics.Particularly excited for the Europasaurus  :)

CityRaptor

Nice! I wonder if the Europasaurus is gonna look like the model in Münchehagen. Lambeosaurus is also welcome. There are not many models of that Dinosaur.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Sounds like a definite improvement over the last few years. I'm very excited to see the Europasaurus. That wouldn't happen to be another unique species now would it? ;)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Roselaar on November 25, 2013, 08:29:44 PM
Sounds like a definite improvement over the last few years. I'm very excited to see the Europasaurus. That wouldn't happen to be another unique species now would it? ;)
How do you know it's an improvement if you haven't seen the models yet?

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 25, 2013, 08:42:51 PM

Obscure and seldom seen genera?  :-\ Not that that means anything, just look at CollectA and Geoworld. I dunno, Bullyland is frequently hit or miss with the last few years being misses mostly. Hopefully these upcoming models will be good ones because overall I do like the company.

Jetoar

I would like that they release new models or release new version of old figures  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on November 25, 2013, 08:48:34 PM

Obscure and seldom seen genera?  :-\ Not that that means anything, just look at CollectA and Geoworld. I dunno, Bullyland is frequently hit or miss with the last few years being misses mostly. Hopefully these upcoming models will be good ones because overall I do like the company.
Ehhh...for me that's not really a plus point. I'd rather have a well sculpted, accurate common species than badly sculpted obscure ones (Geoworld, I'm looking at you >:D). It is nice to see unsual species of course...but it isn't a major deciding point for me when I decide whether or not to buy a model.

I'd like to see Bullyland return to their former glory as much as anyone 8)

ZoPteryx

Hmm, Lambeosaurus and Europasaurus, well then my guesses were way off! :))  Good species choices though, can't wait to see photos.

Turret

I was hoping someone would make a Europasaurus someday, for some reason I'm not surprised it happens to be Bullyland. A Lambeosaurus will also be welcome since it is missing from most lines. looking forward to pictures.

David Hingtgen

I've been waiting years for a new Lambeosaurus--it's always at the top of my responses to "what do you want to see?" polls/threads.   Hope it's a nice one.  :)   

SpartanSquat

This time Im excited to see the new bully models! But I think Europasaurus will be exclusive to a museum like Spinophorosaurus and Procynosuchus. Also they need to improve in the detail of the models

Jetoar

Quote from: RolandEden on November 26, 2013, 12:06:50 PM
This time Im excited to see the new bully models! But I think Europasaurus will be exclusive to a museum like Spinophorosaurus and Procynosuchus. Also they need to improve in the detail of the models

But we have always internet friend ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SBell

Quote from: RolandEden on November 26, 2013, 12:06:50 PM

They don't usually announce their museum-exclusive figures as new releases, so it's probably a general release figure that may have been inspired or encouraged by a museum (like the Archaeopteryx figure)

Roselaar

I don't know, I said it sounds like an improvement.  ;) And yes, the species choice is what made me say that. I doubt they're gonna be superb models, there's just not many of those among Bullyland's repertoire. But it certainly beats last year's boring releases.

Concavenator

Here they are!  :)) :
s1200.photobucket.com/user/SUSANNE58/media/Bullyland/News%202014/IMG_7212_zpsfc491eee.jpg.html

tyrantqueen

I'm afraid the link is not displaying.

Here you go:

SpartanSquat

I really like europasaurus! But lambeosaurus...its ok

tyrantqueen

I think I'll pass on both of them. Although the Lambeosaurus isn't horrible.

Primeval12

I like the europasaurus but the lambeosaurus looks like a chinasaur "grow toy." 

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.