News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Blade's Dios

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, May 31, 2012, 08:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 05, 2012, 08:14:46 AM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 04, 2012, 11:12:21 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 04, 2012, 09:15:29 AM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 04, 2012, 03:57:48 AM
Top notch! I like your repaint better than the original.

The full repaint is a popular scheme.. ;D  I did also touch up the original one to have more detail. :)

Yeah I noticed you said that, but I don't have the replica myself (yet), so I don't know what you changed, especially considering sunlight, etc. in your photos. I like the full repaint better than the touch-up one anyway.  You people all amaze me though. I'm simply a collector - I don't build, paint, modify, or draw dinosaurs.

Oh I did various things..mostly just adding depth to the flat paint job though.

You should give one of those a try..it's not too difficult modifying or painting them. :)

Right, but I don't know where to start, what material to buy, what techniques to use etc. I'm one of those people that has to perfect something the first time I do it or I beat myself up for it. It's amazing I managed to be a guitarist with this mentality!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 05, 2012, 01:57:09 PM

The full repaint is a popular scheme.. ;D  I did also touch up the original one to have more detail. :)

Yeah I noticed you said that, but I don't have the replica myself (yet), so I don't know what you changed, especially considering sunlight, etc. in your photos. I like the full repaint better than the touch-up one anyway.  You people all amaze me though. I'm simply a collector - I don't build, paint, modify, or draw dinosaurs.

You should give one of those a try..it's not too difficult modifying or painting them. :)

Right, but I don't know where to start, what material to buy, what techniques to use etc. I'm one of those people that has to perfect something the first time I do it or I beat myself up for it. It's amazing I managed to be a guitarist with this mentality!

You sound a bit like my brother , he managed guitar, violin, and a score of other instruments..even produced a cd.

Actually artists are very similar as well. Even with the knowledge of how to do it , you will eventually find yourself improving and your previous work lacking.  I would start with repainting. Get you a cheap dollar store dino and play around with it. :)

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 05, 2012, 05:46:04 PM

You sound a bit like my brother , he managed guitar, violin, and a score of other instruments..even produced a cd.

Actually artists are very similar as well. Even with the knowledge of how to do it , you will eventually find yourself improving and your previous work lacking.  I would start with repainting. Get you a cheap dollar store dino and play around with it. :)

So that's the trick huh? Just start with a cheap one? I always figured since they were made of different material, the paint wouldn't react to the material the same way.

With guitar, it doesn't matter. If you mess up a song, it doesn't cost you anything unless you're in a studio, haha.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 06, 2012, 12:02:10 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 05, 2012, 05:46:04 PM

So that's the trick huh? Just start with a cheap one? I always figured since they were made of different material, the paint wouldn't react to the material the same way.

With guitar, it doesn't matter. If you mess up a song, it doesn't cost you anything unless you're in a studio, haha.

That's an easy way to start and practice for sure.  Most materials, resin, rubber, plastic, ect..pretty much all work the same.

Lol..too true..or unless you have an audience..  :))

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon

They move off together .
img]http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/485498_3374448836559_896634479_n.jpg[/img]
Awesome coloration on the male! I wish I was that good at repainting figures :(. What type of paint did you use?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Yutyrannus on June 11, 2012, 07:29:21 AM

They move off together .
img]http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/485498_3374448836559_896634479_n.jpg[/img]
Awesome coloration on the male! I wish I was that good at repainting figures :(. What type of paint did you use?

It's an acrylic craft paint , bought at walmart. I use them for most of my pieces. :)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 17, 2012, 06:09:32 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on June 11, 2012, 07:29:21 AM

They move off together .

It's an acrylic craft paint , bought at walmart. I use them for most of my pieces. :)
Thanks.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Blade-of-the-Moon

No problem.

Here's some I took yesterday . We had been back from our trip for only an hour or so and then were dragged off to a picnic..but I grabbed a few dinos and made the most of it :

ZoPteryx

That last shot of the Allo is so cool! :o

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Zopteryx on June 18, 2012, 09:58:59 PM
That last shot of the Allo is so cool! :o

Thanks ! That's actually my cousin balancing it on a rock he's holding..lol ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

I bought a Safari Great Dinos Apatosaur while at the beach and took these on my last day :

Blade-of-the-Moon

Kaiyodo Allos in the wild :

ITewan

Very nice!!! :D I like the second Allo pic :)
im a lil tired and a lil hungry

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like photographing in those ferns..works really well. ;D

My favorite ones are where the green Allo is camouflaged in the mimosa tree in one pic, the next it's like it's saying " surprise ! " and scaring the other one.. ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

I feel like Sarah Harding here..lol

Paleona

Nice shots, Blade. :3  Haha, I was going to say, your "Sarah Harding" shot is my favorite for the stegos.  I'm jealous of the foliage near you! 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Paleona on June 29, 2012, 12:38:01 AM
Nice shots, Blade. :3  Haha, I was going to say, your "Sarah Harding" shot is my favorite for the stegos.  I'm jealous of the foliage near you!

Thanks ! ;D

Heh, I had to plant a lot of that foliage..it's native species mostly aside from the hostas but they had to be moved and fixed up in places where I could use them. I wasn't about to haul this big momma out into the woods for a photo shoot..too far away and too many chances to fall with it..;)

Aram-Rex

That Spinosaurus repaint is so awesome!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Aram-Rex on July 03, 2012, 05:13:45 PM
That Spinosaurus repaint is so awesome!

Thanks ! I based it on this cg model :

Blade-of-the-Moon

Finished my Aurora Rex :

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: