You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Geoworld Jurassic Hunters and Jurassic Action

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", June 12, 2012, 04:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mauro "Raptor86"

http://www.eduproducts.it/file/cateduproductita2009.pdf
Jurassic Hunters from page 20 to page 25
Jurassic Action from page 40 to page 49

Despite the fact that Geoworld is an Italian Company I've never heard about its products save the fossil replicas. But some of their models are good.
What do you think? Do you onw any of them?

CityRaptor

I have one of their large T-Rex Skeletons. It tends to collapse. So I had to add some extra stabilizers...

Some of the Jurassic Hunters look a bit old school. And their Megaraptor is the wrong kind of Theropod...
Interestingly enough, the Action Velociraptor is feathered, while the Hunter one is naked...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on June 12, 2012, 04:37:49 PM

Despite the fact that Geoworld is an Italian Company I've never heard about its products save the fossil replicas. But some of them model are good.
What do you think? Do you onw any of them?

I`ve seen those. For the most part, they are pretty old-school, although there are some interesting ones (finally, an ornithomimid!).  THe wave two names are far more interesting overall.

We've been in discussion with their Canadian distributor but so far nothing has worked out.  They may find it tough to break into a market that is already getting quite full. I'm not sure how the packaging will affect things though.

ZoPteryx

Some of those are pretty neat, like the Caudipteryx & Guanlong.  I also like the non-dinosaur skeletons. :))

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 12, 2012, 07:52:01 PM
And their Megaraptor is the wrong kind of Theropod...
Interestingly enough, the Action Velociraptor is feathered, while the Hunter one is naked...

Yeah, kind of makes me wonder if all the models were really approved by a paleontologist like the document says. ::)

SBell

Quote from: Zopteryx on June 12, 2012, 11:49:34 PM
Some of those are pretty neat, like the Caudipteryx & Guanlong.  I also like the non-dinosaur skeletons. :))

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 12, 2012, 07:52:01 PM
And their Megaraptor is the wrong kind of Theropod...

Yeah, kind of makes me wonder if all the models were really approved by a paleontologist like the document says. ::)

The paleontologist in question is the owner of the company (someone in Italy). I just had vendors here, trying to sell me on stuff for the store--we declined in part because they don't have what we want (the new dino figures aren't even listed, nor are the really cool dig kits), and in part because they have a T.rex dig site kit that lists Scotty, our star T.rex. And gets pretty much every detail wrong (name spelled wrong, completeness wrong, where it can be seen wrong). So we are spiting them by ordering nothing until they fix it.

Horridus

Nothing special in there...not abysmal, but they make loads of really common anatomical blunders (bunny hands, mysteriously feather-free hands, nude 1980s-style dromaeosaurs etc. etc.). It makes the claim that they've been sculpted to a palaeontologist's "exact specification" pretty laughable.

By the way, I know it's not strictly on topic, but the flesh-on version of that giant T. rex is HORRIBLE.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Trexroarr

I actually really like the concept behind the Jurassic Hunters line of figures. In the process of collecting all of the figures in the collection, you will collect all of the fact files which come packaged with each figure, and in the end, you will put them together in a special binder and make your very own Dinopedia. I believe this has never been done before in dino replica history. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Are the fact files even in English or are they in Italian? It's too hard to tell from the pictures.

Any word on these coming to America?

Come check out The Paleo Handbook, today!

ZoPteryx

I just noticed that list of "second expedition" figures.  I'd be interested in seeing how they make the Falcarius & Therizinosaurus. :)

Himmapaan

Quote from: Horridus on June 13, 2012, 07:45:23 PMBy the way, I know it's not strictly on topic, but the flesh-on version of that giant T. rex is HORRIBLE.
Alas, not even I can defend it this time.

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: Zopteryx on June 13, 2012, 11:28:13 PM
I just noticed that list of "second expedition" figures.  I'd be interested in seeing how they make the Falcarius & Therizinosaurus. :)

It seems that line was cancelled. In fact there's no sign of it in the 2010 catalogue.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on June 14, 2012, 11:34:18 AM
Quote from: Zopteryx on June 13, 2012, 11:28:13 PM

It seems that line was cancelled. In fact there's no sign of it in the 2010 catalogue.

That's a bummer, I've really wanted a Falcarius figure. :'(

Trexroarr

These came out back in 2009? I thought they were brand new for 2012. I can't find a thing about them anywhere online. Not even ebay. o_O

Come check out The Paleo Handbook, today!

Gryphoceratops

These are all pretty fugly.  The only thing I could see being pretty cool is that archaeopteryx excavation kit since it makes a neat little wall mount after. 

DC

GeoWorld has replaced Wild creations as distributor for their Nickelodeon Dinosaur Dan franchise. GeoWorld is best known as the Italian fossil company owned by the paleontologist Dr. Stefano Piccini. ToysRUs is carrying the solid Dino Dan figures.  They come in 2 types solid and larger articulated.  I have the Toy R Us figures they are repainted for the Jurassic Hunters / East series.  I have meet Dr.  Piccini and he has been footnoted in papers by people who use his fossil collection for research.  Some junior paleontologist from a local Italian museum also works with the line.  They also have a dinosaur and Ice play set.  There is supposed to be an endorsement from the Drum Heller museum.  Looks like they did all the CollectA figures plus a few like Thescolasaurus and Falcarius.  Supposed to reach at total of 100 figures in the fall.

[attachment msg=13740][/attachment]
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think that Corythosaurus is the best one they make so far.

ITewan

They have the skeletons at my local toy store, I have the Stegosaurus and Brachiosaurus skeleton. I don't mind the Tsintaosaurus...
im a lil tired and a lil hungry

postsaurischian

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on June 12, 2012, 04:37:49 PM

After I've been looking for them everywhere I give up.
Does anyone have an idea where I could get hold of the Guanlong or Caudipteryx?

Roselaar

I kinda forgot about this line. I wouldn't mind seeing some of those figures in stores though. And the second wave looks really interesting! Hope it'll still see some sort of release.

Ichthyosaur

I just received the Carnotaurus today.  I never expect too much in the way of quality with the Geoworld figures but I'm pretty pleased with the Carno.  The paint application isn't great but all in all not a bad small articulated dinosaur.  My main gripe is that they don't bother to paint the base in some other colors.  It just looks like it got overspray from the Carno.

"The Age of Reptiles" Rudolph Franz Zallinger 1947

Jetoar

I am watching the models in ebay when you have posted  ^-^. This shop http://myworld.ebay.es/friendino78/  have a lot of models and figures of Geoworld and other comapanys.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: