News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Doc Ronnie's Dino Book Collection and TV Exposure

Started by docronnie, April 05, 2015, 04:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

My humble dino book collection so far:

My first book, but it has always been my major reference book, since I could not find some prehistoric animals from the other books that I own.

I bought this for Zoe, but the illustrations are fantastic in my opinion.

One of my favorites, although it is outdated.  Love the photos and Sibbick illustrations!

Bought this through TQ's recommendation.  Have not read it much though.

Bought this for Zoe as well.  Easy to understand and very handy.

The latest book that I bought.  Seems to be updated except on Spinosaurus, maybe.

I also have the WWD book, which I failed to take a photo.  Will do next time.  TFL!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Roselaar

Pretty good books! Any book that features an Estemmenosuchus on its cover is well worth the trouble, me thinks. :)

Halichoeres

That Gallery book is a gem. Although it has sadly been out of print for many years, David Peters has it available for free as a pdf on his web site: http://davidpetersstudio.com/books.htm.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sumo

New favorite thread! I'm always looking for new books, literature hoarder that I am :)
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

docronnie

Thanks Roselaar and Sumo! :)

I also have the e-book, Hali.  Thanks to David! :D

Arul

docronnie

HD-man

Quote from: docronnie on April 05, 2015, 04:43:51 AMBought this through TQ's recommendation.  Have not read it much though.

You don't wanna. Dixon's text isn't very good.

Quote from: docronnie on April 05, 2015, 04:43:51 AMI also have the WWD book,

Which 1?
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

docronnie

HD-man

I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

docronnie

I think I'ved browsed that one before, will review again in my spare time. Thanks! :D

Brontozaurus

Quote from: HD-man on April 14, 2015, 06:51:24 AM
Quote from: docronnie on April 05, 2015, 04:43:51 AMBought this through TQ's recommendation.  Have not read it much though.

The illustrations are lovely though.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Brontozaurus on April 23, 2015, 12:32:25 PM
Quote from: HD-man on April 14, 2015, 06:51:24 AM

The illustrations are lovely though.

Exactly, that's the major reason why I recommended it.

docronnie

Yup, the illustrations are great!  ;)

docronnie

Two of my books (A Gallery of Dinosaurs and 1001 Facts About Dinosaurs) were borrowed by a local TV program, AHA! GMA7.  Hope they could return them tomorrow.

My dino collection was also very briefly featured on the program in connection with the Jurassic World movie.  Thanks to my wife, Noreen for the video.  Thanks to AHA! GMA7!  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yzp_LdgHf8

TFL!  :)

pylraster

"Astig". When was this Doc? I wish I caught in on TV :D

docronnie

Thanks!  Yesterday, June 14, 9am.

I really hope future features of dinosaur toy collectors would be much better.

:)

pylraster

Well sir, I think you are leading the way here. There's not a lot of us interested in dino figures here in the Philippines. Best stuff anyone can get here locally is Schleich. I tried convincing Hobbes and Landes / Build City to try carrying Papo at least, but they said "schleich is the best" or something like that.

I like your collection. Really fantastic.

docronnie

Thanks a lot pylraster! :-)

It seems you're the only one, who's shown appreciation around here.  Well this is a start indeed.

BTW,  AHA have not returned my books yet.  Oh well. ....:-)

HunterKiller

Whoah is the video on youtube? I'd be interested to see that.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: