News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Rebor: Chickenosaurus Embryo

Started by joossa, July 06, 2017, 04:31:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Rebor: Chickenosaurus Embryo
It is speculated that this figure will be released under the Rebor Oddities line.

Scale: ?
Tease Date: N/A
Black and White Image Release Date: 06/19/17 (Computer Prototype Model)
Official Color Images Released on: ?
Estimated Date Product Available for Purchase: ?

Accessories/Extras: ?

Quotes:
02/03/15:
QuoteWe will release a entirely new line called "REBOR Oddity" soon, one thing you can know for sure that is this line is definitely NOT kid friendly, such as dino fetus in jar with real liquid or dinosaur fossils replicas, this line will be the gathering of weird and frightening products, if use one word to describe this line, it will be "freakshow".

02/09/15:
QuoteWe are planning a entirely new line called "REBOR Oddities", it will be the gathering of collectibles that related to fossils, specimens, fetus and other unusual elements; real glass, brass, wood and even liquid will be used to decorate these extraordinary models to create vintage feelings, then a little touch of modern technology will be applied such as LED lights or even USB cables!

This product line is still at the planning stage and we have no idea of what we can actually create, although the first product could related to this 1:50 Tylosaurus proriger fossil replica (yes, the one on the poster is a 1:50 prototype sculpture), which is inspired by one of the most famous and complete Mosasaur specimen. Anyway, we will show you something amazing, in time.

We will offer the most crazy ideas, most exquisite concept arts, most unique designs and most bizarre products to fans and collectors. Welcome to REBOR Carnival and it's time for the FREAKSHOW!

QuoteFB User: Will this new line be limited edition like "Jolly"? Hope no :)
Rebor: Nope~ :)

06/19/17:
QuoteSomething we've been working on - it's a Chickenosaurus!

07/04/17:
QuoteFB User: What is the Dinosaur name !
Rebor: Chickenosaurus

Computer Model Images: 06/19/17:

Unpainted Prototypes: 07/03/17:

Color Photos: 07/25/17:

Color Photos: 09/20/17:
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

alexeratops

Seems interesting. Not your run of the mill collector's item, but I'm sure other people will take a liking in this.
like a bantha!

Dyscrasia

From Rebor's facebook page along with their quote "Life finds a way...through REBOR"....

BlueKrono

Quote from: Dyscrasia on July 25, 2017, 02:35:01 PM
From Rebor's facebook page along with their quote "Life finds a way...through REBOR"....

Copyright infringement?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: BlueKrono on July 25, 2017, 04:46:48 PM
Quote from: Dyscrasia on July 25, 2017, 02:35:01 PM

Copyright infringement?

The question is whose?  lol

Faelrin

That sure looks colorful. I wonder how they achieved that effect?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Reptilia

Copyright infringement?

You're being ironic, right?

And by the way, do we know for sure that it is going to be marketed as "Chickenosaurus"?

Kaprosaurus

I wonder if it's going to be rubber or resin,I hope it's rubber so it doesn't break easily.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Reptilia on July 25, 2017, 07:42:29 PM
Copyright infringement?

And by the way, do we know for sure that it is going to be marketed as "Chickenosaurus"?

Well I don't know copyright laws, but are you allowed to use quotes from other franchises to market your products? Like could a drone manufacturer have a box that said "Get to tha choppa!" on it?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

tanystropheus

Quote from: BlueKrono on July 25, 2017, 11:16:16 PM
Quote from: Reptilia on July 25, 2017, 07:42:29 PM
Copyright infringement?

Well I don't know copyright laws, but are you allowed to use quotes from other franchises to market your products? Like could a drone manufacturer have a box that said "Get to tha choppa!" on it?

Parody movies parrot quotes from other sources all the time.

Shia LaBeouf borrowed 'Just Do It' from Nike.

CityRaptor

Might be because I recently read the manga Jabberwocky, but i can totally imagine needles sticking out of its skull.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dinomike

I wonder what's up with the chickenosaurus? Any updates on this? I just recently read the book by Horner so this is quite interesting.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Reptilia

Apparently set for an april release. It will light up like the mosasaur fossil.

Shonisaurus

What I would like to know how a member of the forum has pointed out what material will be made. If it is rubber or PVC I buy it if it is a brittle material such as resin, I will not buy it. I like accessible dinosaurs in relation to their material, that is, that is not breakable or difficult to break.

Flaffy

Reptilia

Yet another pointless release by Rebor, if I were them I would have completely avoided all that redundant stuff (namely the oddities and club selection lines) in favor of more proper figures. What's the last one, the Carnotaurus from almost a year ago?

tanystropheus

I don't think its pointless. These are the stuff that adds that extra spark in people's collections. I absolutely love the Mosasaur wall mount.

Reptilia

I think they are pointless because they steal resources to the main line. Rebor obviously cannot afford to release a lot of models per year, if they keep on wasting slots for such things we'll never see something like an Allosaurus or a Spinosaurus, not to mention all the herbivores. I could understand if they were a brand specialized on those weirdos, but the way they are handling their business is just chaotic. The Tylosaurus fossil then is probably the worst they did. The concept is cool, but what's the point in making a fake fossil of something that should be over 10 meters long in reality? It is a scaled down fake fossil encased in some plastic that should resemble wood. Why not a 1:1 scale fake fossil in actual wood then? That would make some sense to me.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on April 03, 2018, 07:48:35 PM
Yet another pointless release by Rebor, if I were them I would have completely avoided all that redundant stuff (namely the oddities and club selection lines) in favor of more proper figures. What's the last one, the Carnotaurus from almost a year ago?

It is a pity that Rebor does not commercialize any of its projected prehistoric dinosaurs and animals (sarcosuchus, deinonychus, ankylosaurus, tyrannosaurus rex (rather carnivorous dinosaur of the Skull Island, not even the velociraptor Sweeney: that had projected along with velociraptor Pete ).

It is a pity that since last year nothing of Rebor is commercialized, I believe that its cause is the economic reasons. The company is perhaps not spending its best moments (hopefully I'm wrong).  :-\

Totally in agreement with you, the only dinosaur of relief was the carnotaurus and it was commercialized in the summer of last year.  :(

Halichoeres

If I could switch the fates of Rebor and PNSO, I gladly would.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: