News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd 2018 hopes and dreams

Started by Reptilia, August 25, 2017, 11:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jorgesaurus

I like the previous ideas but my wishes would be: stegosaurus, triceratops new sculptures, new pachycephalosaurus, maiasaura, dicraeosaurus, allosaurus, baryonyx, daspletosaurus, marine and flying reptiles: pliosaurus and tupuxuara, and prehistoric mammals: mastodon, daeodon, new gastornis, brontops and again the arsinotherium :)

Irritation

Quote from: Jorgesaurus on September 05, 2017, 05:47:51 PM
I like the previous ideas but my wishes would be: stegosaurus, triceratops new sculptures, new pachycephalosaurus, maiasaura, dicraeosaurus, allosaurus, baryonyx, daspletosaurus, marine and flying reptiles: pliosaurus and tupuxuara, and prehistoric mammals: mastodon, daeodon, new gastornis, brontops and again the arsinotherium :)
I would rather see a Titans or a Phorusrhacos.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 05, 2017, 06:47:53 AM
Quote from: sauroid on September 04, 2017, 06:23:34 AM
i think it's about time that Safari Ltd or any major brands made an Estemmenosuchus figure. it's long overdue.

Why has the coolest looking animal never been made in toy form?

It was done, but very badly:

We need a better one.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

amargasaurus cazaui

my expectations this year are zero...since last year we got a gorgeous new Psittacosaurus, I will take whatever comes this year and be content. If I were the demanding sort I would ask for Aquilops and a new Protoceratops though.....but for me last year is a tough act to follow.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Faelrin

I would like to see a Protoceratops made too in all honesty. It would go great alongside the Velociraptor from this year, if done in the right scale (or even if not, could still look good alongside it, like in the case of the Safari Coelophysis and Postosuchus).

Honestly, I'd just like to see either that above, or a Regaliceratops, Styracosaurus, or a new Triceratops, for a ceratopsian figure this year. I would love to see an ankylosaurid as well. For theropods, I would honestly be fine with anything, but in particular I'd love to see their take on a Carnotaurus and Cryolophosaurus at some point. Maybe even a new Allosaurus and Stegosaurus.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

I am also in favor of a protoceratops. Western dinosaur companies like Safari, Collecta or Papo have yet to make a representative. Except for the missing Carnegie who made one in his early stage there has been no protoceratops made by dinosaur toy companies of a half decent life.

It is a dinosaur that is known more complete remains than tyrannosaurus and triceratops to put two examples, in fact was called the "sheep" of Cretácico by the amount of rest found.

On the other hand an olorotitan, tsintaosaurus and a prosaurolophus it is necessary that one day make the Safari company three dinosaurs lambeosaurinos quite rare.

Daspletotyrannus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 12, 2017, 06:28:32 PM
I am also in favor of a protoceratops. Western dinosaur companies like Safari, Collecta or Papo have yet to make a representative. Except for the missing Carnegie who made one in his early stage there has been no protoceratops made by dinosaur toy companies of a half decent life.

It is a dinosaur that is known more complete remains than tyrannosaurus and triceratops to put two examples, in fact was called the "sheep" of Cretácico by the amount of rest found.

On the other hand an olorotitan, tsintaosaurus and a prosaurolophus it is necessary that one day make the Safari company three dinosaurs lambeosaurinos quite rare.

The Safari authentic line Protoceratops looks very nice and it bigger then their toob one. But I wouldn't mind if we get a bigger one.  I hope Safari makes a Lambeosaurus magnicristatus as I find that crest looks cooler. An Olorotitan would be cool too.

Concavenator

This night I dreamed that Safari posted on Facebook that their new dinosaurs would be announced today...or at least they would begin revealing them today...weird dream I guess...Though hopefully it wll become true

Jose S.M.

It would be nice if your dream comes true soon haha. Hopefully they'll post more teaser images today.

Paleodude

If I had to pick one genus I'd want to have representation in the latest line, I'd definitely say that Pachycephalosaurus needs a face lift. While we have CollectA's it seems a tad small. Personally something about as big as their latest Velociraptor would be the perfect scale.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Paleodude on September 13, 2017, 02:44:45 PM
If I had to pick one genus I'd want to have representation in the latest line, I'd definitely say that Pachycephalosaurus needs a face lift. While we have CollectA's it seems a tad small. Personally something about as big as their latest Velociraptor would be the perfect scale.

I honestly am not a fan of the scales. I prefer that dinosaurs and prehistoric animals in general small and medium are made on an acceptable scale because they are more detailed figures and more finished than a miniature, without that that there are miniatures that are exceptional like for example figures of Safari, Collecta or the tupuxuara of Papo.

I agree with you.

Bowhead Whale

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 05, 2017, 06:47:53 AM
Quote from: sauroid on September 04, 2017, 06:23:34 AM
i think it's about time that Safari Ltd or any major brands made an Estemmenosuchus figure. it's long overdue.

Why has the coolest looking animal never been made in toy form?

Estemmenosuchus was made by Jurassic Park toys. OK, it's only ONE figure, but it's better than no figure at all. Cotylorhunchus has NEVER been made in toy form, and it would be about time someone thinks of making one.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.